Marietta players eligible... for now

ATLien12x

7 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

So we shouldn’t have to forfeit the games and pay money if we are swapping years.🤷‍♂️

Nope. You still have to pay the fines and forfeit the games as a school because you clearly did not follow the rules. 

The kids have to sit one varsity season in order to establish eligibility. 

It is not a punishment to them. It's a simple rule that they are required to abide by. Period. 

They must sit one varsity season in order to establish eligibility. 

It may or may not be their fault that the games from last season got forfeited, but, they played in them and were ineliguble. They have never established eligibility. 

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

A Marietta dude on the GA board tried to claim that the forfeiture of games should constitute the players sitting out because the games "technically" never happened meaning the players never played.

However, the GHSA states that the forfeiting of games changes the result to a loss, and doesn't void the game being playing. This means the players still played in 13 games that were loss. By default they still played and did not sit out.

That was one hell of a loop hole they attempted to exploit.

That poster must be OLB76 trying to put that kind of spin on things.

Hell I'm not even a lawyer and could shoot that down for the GHSA in court and save the member schools a ton of legal fees. 

xD

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The game forfeiture and fines are punishments for the school not following the rules. 

The sit one year is required to establish eligibility and is not a punishment. It's a simple rule that the kids are bound to follow. 

Its really not that hard to understand.

If they are this determined to find loopholes, it just makes all parties look even more guilty in my opinion.

It's obvious these players are a huge asset to the team, so why is it ridiculous for us to assume Marietta would cheat in order to have them on the field?

It's like a child that got caught doing something wrong and trys to find every way possible to get out of trouble.

13 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

A Marietta dude on the GA board tried to claim that the forfeiture of games should constitute the players sitting out because the games "technically" never happened meaning the players never played.

However, the GHSA states that the forfeiting of games changes the result to a loss, and doesn't void the game being playing. This means the players still played in 13 games that were loss. By default they still played and did not sit out.

That was one hell of a loop hole they attempted to exploit.

That poster must be OLB76 trying to put that kind of spin on things.

Nope not me billy bob

1 hour ago, OLB76 said:

The new AD was hired and the kid had file his homestead exemption and the Ad never sent it in so they ruled him not eligible. But he has lived in district for 8 months. Ad told Dad he was sorry and they would appeal, so they grouped him with the other boys on last appeal. So they shot all of them down!

Per the GHSA response the turn down for the young man from Fayette was because his whole intact family didn't make the move. Their guidelines are clear that the moving family must make a physical move as a whole unit.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Per the GHSA response the turn down for the young man from Fayette was because his whole intact family didn't make the move. Their guidelines are clear that the moving family must make a physical move as a whole unit.

Colquitt knows something about that.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I've not researched it, but can a transfer be ruled eligible after the start of the season?

I'm sure there is a hardship exemption somewhere that would allow in season eligibility, but does this constitute a hardship?

Krajewski was not going to be approved until his mom and siblings lived in Moultrie, but I think they completed the bonafide move before the season started.

Can someone with no affiliation to Marietta clarify this. Obviously, they are not the one's to seek advice or clarification from on transfer eligibility.

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I've not researched it, but can a transfer be ruled eligible after the start of the season?

I'm sure there is a hardship exemption somewhere that would allow in season eligibility, but does this constitute a hardship?

Krajewski was not going to be approved until his mom and siblings lived in Moultrie, but I think they completed the bonafide move before the season started.

Can someone with no affiliation to Marietta clarify this. Obviously, they are not the one's to seek advice or clarification from on transfer eligibility.

What happened to Krajewski sucked. him and his dad moved to moultrie and even bought a house. His mom and brother were staying in Michigan so he could finish his senior year out. GHSA said either mom and dad divorce or mom must move to Moultrie. Dad said they couldn’t divorce because of his pension. 

Aparently buying a house house and moving 2k miles isn’t bonafide enough

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I think that once the mom moves with the rest of the family the move then becomes bona fide. 

Either that or a legal separation or divorce be filed.

Just now, ron169 said:

What happened to Krajewski sucked. him and his dad moved to moultrie and even bought a house. His mom and brother were staying in Michigan so he could finish his senior year out. GHSA said either mom and dad divorce or mom must move to Moultrie. Dad said they couldn’t divorce because of his pension. 

I'm not opposed to the GHSA making the entire family move.

The Krajewski's did the right thing to ensure their kid was a legitimate transfer.

2 minutes ago, ron169 said:

Dang i know a kid move 20 miles down the road in the same county and transferred mid season. But the whole family moved so I guess that's why it was legit. 

Ok, so I glanced over the by laws and it is not clear.

It states that the "Certification of Eligibility" must be submitted to the GHSA by the date of the first practice in that sport, not the date of the first game. That date for football is July 25th.

Reading on, it defines a migrant student and states migrant students are not eligible to participate in sports for one calendar year beginning with the date the student enrolls in the school.

This is not very clear.

If the kid enrolled in school as a migrant student because his family did not make the bonafide move by July 25th, then the student is ineligible. That is my interpretation.

I'm open to other's opinion on this. I'll try to dig in a little more for further clarity.

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Ok, so I glanced over the by laws and it is not clear.

It states that the "Certification of Eligibility" must be submitted to the GHSA by the date of the first practice in that sport, not the date of the first game. That date for football is July 25th.

Reading on, it defines a migrant student and states migrant students are not eligible to participate in sports for one calendar year beginning with the date the student enrolls in the school.

This is not very clear.

If the kid enrolled in school as a migrant student because his family did not make the bonafide move by July 25th, then the student is ineligible. That is my interpretation.

I'm open to other's opinion on this. I'll try to dig in a little more for further clarity.

Hell I couldn’t tell you. You know we cant comprehend rules very well up this way!

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You may have to post it a dozen times. 

BGW

Forgive us for thinking he was referring to the THIRD player deemed ineligible.

It was easy to get confused considering the circumstances.

On a side note, the Buford and Grayson ADs have to be at the top of Marietta's list for potential replacements. Lol

42 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Forgive us for thinking he was referring to the THIRD player deemed ineligible.

It was easy to get confused considering the circumstances.

On a side note, the Buford and Grayson ADs have to be at the top of Marietta's list for potential replacements. Lol

Nope, not taking a pay cut   

Regards

BGW

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If there is a bona fide move, there is immediate eligibility.  I've had reason read and re-read that.  😎

• Like 1