Manafort singing??...

DBP66

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

He was the coffee boy. Wouldn't recognize him if he was sitting across from me. Never paid him a dime for his work.  Only worked on the campaign for 53 minutes.

It's witch hunt, I tell you. No collusion, no collusion.  SAD.

How much collusion has the Manafort investigation revealed?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/09/14/woodward_no_evidence_of_collusion_between_trump_and_russia_i_searched_for_two_years.html

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, noonereal said:

I will never become a partisan. 

Honest, I just don't get folks like you or @GardenStateBaller who sacrifice independent thought. 

How do you figure independent thought was sacrificed?  Suppose independent thought was used and DBP66 came away with hid current thoughts on Trump, is that still partisan?  GSB doesn't post anything except his worship of Trump through memes and right wing links and doesn't offer explanations or reasoning to his position.

If I have a certain opinion on Trump, does that mean I did not use independent thought?  Your reasoning just doesn't make sense to me bc partisan and independent thought do not seem exclusive. 

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

How long has it been since Manafort flipped? 

Be honest if you can:  You wouldn't care if Trump was guilty or not would you? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

How do you figure independent thought was sacrificed?  Suppose independent thought was used and DBP66 came away with hid current thoughts on Trump, is that still partisan?  GSB doesn't post anything except his worship of Trump through memes and right wing links and doesn't offer explanations or reasoning to his position.

If I have a certain opinion on Trump, does that mean I did not use independent thought?  Your reasoning just doesn't make sense to me bc partisan and independent thought do not seem exclusive. 

they pretty much are mutually exclusive in the micro 

Each of us is unique and different

The idea that two beings think the same, in lockstep, 100% of the time is not a reasonable probability.

We see in some... maybe more than not, folks who automatically adapt the position of their "party" 

Tribal instinct is powerful. So powerful that we adapt the tenets of our tribe rather than think independent. It has served us well over time and it has it's place. 

If someone feels threatened and the tribe offers protection... 

no different than joining a cult. 

Look at the crap Trump says for example. You have to abandon independent thought or be challenged to agree. 

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Bingo!..In Nooner's world if you choose a side or have a strong opinion one way or the other that makes you a partisan hack who is incapable of independent thought...that's why he goes out of his way to play both side of the fence all the time...he seems to think you lose "independent" thought if you choose a side?...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

The idea that two beings think the same, in lockstep, 100% of the time is not a reasonable probability.

We see in some... maybe more than not, folks who automatically adapt the position of their "party" 

Tribal instinct is powerful. So powerful that we adapt the tenets of our tribe rather than think independent. It has served us well over time and it has it's place. 

Look at the crap Trump says for example. You have to abandon independent thought or be challenged to agree. 

tribal instinct??....is that what a majority of Americans are suffering from?....it's ok to pick a side...says this Independent!

4 hours ago, concha said:

I wonder if he interviewed Flynn,Jr or Manafort?..and who cares what an author thinks when Mr. Mulluer  is doing his work?...🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

No he cannot.

He can only decide on issues independent of tribe. 

It's better to think for yourself on issues instead of letting others determine how you should think.  People who are alt right or loony left on all issues kinda remind me of these little critters

Image result for lemmings cartoon

20 hours ago, noonereal said:

And yet many people hold the same views.

Not sure how you conclude that 100% has been in lockstep when the specific topic is Trump and little else.  Having an agreement about Trump and how he is performing in his job as President seems to fall short of the 100%.

Very true for some

So is personal opinions that result from watching what this admin is doing.  I can only speak for myself but I would think that this holds true for many-- When I hear about various shit Trump is doing such as deregulating Wall Street or dismantling the EPA and it's protections for the environment, I instantly come to the conclusion that this is a bad thing and I don't look to MSNBC or CNN to tell me that it's bad.  Just bc I see later that those stations are reporting on it and have the same opinion as I do does that make my thinking tribal?  I do not think so.  Maybe it's bc the admin is doing something that a majority of people feel is wrong.  As an example, deregulating the EPA will harm people and it's not just opinion bc there is science to back up the claim that Mercury and Asbestos are bad for people and will kill you.  Is that tribalism? 

You and many on the left think of Trump supporters in this way so are you part of the tribe too?  Or is your opinion simply shared by others?  Trump is a provable liar and when someone calls that out it is less that complimentary to label them as just part of the unthinking tribe.  Nor does it mean you are in lockstep with everything that others believe on every issue. 

• Thanks 1