Carol City 36 Miami Central 28 final

954gator

5 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea exactly I'm not sure about that.  STA could have a better defense than both.  A George Smith STA would have had the offense to beat either of them - this STA I dont think so though

STA's offense ate Central's Dline up.   Their offense is not bad this year.  It's actually very good.   They got stupid penalties in drives and as the game was close they thought their D could hold Central.  It didn't.    

Just now, 954gator said:

STA's offense ate Central's Dline up.   Their offense is not bad this year.  It's actually very good.   They got stupid penalties in drives and the game was close and they thought their D could hold Central.  It didn't.     

They also obviously beat SJB last year as well.  People want to talk crap about they didnt have whatever QB .lol marine up and stop with excuses.  VInce Lombardi says the man who gives an excuse for what's on the scoreboard loses credibility instantly.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

STA's offense ate Central's Dline up.   Their offense is not bad this year.  It's actually very good.   They got stupid penalties in drives and the game was close and they thought their D could hold Central.  It didn't.     

I didnt know that -didnt see the game.  But when I have seen them, they look far from the George Smith squads

27 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I hear you - but who cares about high school OOS when talkimg about Dade-South FL.   If someone doesnt think the area is legit (actually the best hands down) than they're a simply a "football moron".  I could care less if they lost every OOS they ever played - I would still say it's the best area in the nation for football.  And I'm not from there so no axe to grind (it was one of my assigned recruiting areas though)

Only point is had they played some slapd*ck from, say, Indiana, they'd be top 5 nationally and #1 in Florida in every rankings list.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

TD Central 2pt no good.   Apparently according to maxpreps it was #4 James Cook.   36-20 6 min left. 

Lol maxpreps.  #4 James Cook with the TD.    They mean Lexington Joseph. 

Is Dalvin out there as well? Vikes don't play until Sunday, so there's time to get back up there.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

SJC has earned their ranking... They played quite a few good teams from all over , In a row (which matters) and won. 

Carol City is that good. If they win .... Id put them at #2.

1. SJB

2. Carol City

3. Allen

4. Mater Dei

5. St. Johns

6. Colquitt Co.

7. IMG

8. Cen10

9. University Lab

10. St. Frances Academy

11. Miami Central

12. Diagram Protician

That team doesn't deserve to be ranked at all.   

20 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe not a scrub but not elite

A elite team don't get shut out on ESPN like Dematha does

Dematha is a elite program based on past years but isn't elite this year 

Watching that game, I thought Dematha ended up melting down with bad mistakes/turnovers. A rematch of that game would be significantly closer IMO.

44 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Watching that game, I thought Dematha ended up melting down with bad mistakes/turnovers. A rematch of that game would be significantly closer IMO.

Watching that game it felt like sta was basically winning it with the defense on it's own

Sta offense didn't impress me much in the dematha game,  i felt the defense for sta was very good but for all the star players on offense i wasn't impressed 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Watching that game it felt like sta was basically winning it with the defense on it's own

Sta offense didn't impress me much in the dematha game,  i felt the defense for sta was very good but for all the star players on offense i wasn't impressed 

man...running clock ain't good enough for this man.  

image.png.d59f2d15131c72d48a5725856848fc38.png

17 minutes ago, 954gator said:

man...running clock ain't good enough for this man.  

image.png.d59f2d15131c72d48a5725856848fc38.png

So because they found a way to get a running clock mainly by riding a defense that basically took the game over they have a elite offense? 

I didn't watch it for the score, i watched it from a observer view

I saw a defensive line who clearly dominated Dematha on the line of scrimmage and a defense who forced multiple turnovers 

Idk which game you were watching but that defense for sta practically won the game all on their own

9 hours ago, badrouter said:

Only point is had they played some slapd*ck from, say, Indiana, they'd be top 5 nationally and #1 in Florida in every rankings list.

This is maybe true to some extent. If seems to be helpful to national rankings to at least play some teams from out of state. 

It's even more helpful if you have been at the top of your state, and recognized nationally for some time as well.

Not saying that any of that should be how it's done, it just appears that's true. 

It drives me bonkers when the national polls aren't in line with in state polls when you see multiple teams from the same state in a national poll. Especially when there is agreement between multiple in state polls.

Good win for Carol City. One has to assume they earned some notice tonight. 

10 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

So because they found a way to get a running clock mainly by riding a defense that basically took the game over they have a elite offense? 

I didn't watch it for the score, i watched it from a observer view

I saw a defensive line who clearly dominated Dematha on the line of scrimmage and a defense who forced multiple turnovers 

Idk which game you were watching but that defense for sta practically won the game all on their own

Did I ever say their offense was elite?  I said STA offense not bad this year, it’s actually very good.   They’ve been able to run on everyone they’ve played and have a much improved passing game.