Carol City 36 Miami Central 28 final

954gator

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

It is. OOS should mean absolutely ZERO in rankings. Its just for an idea of where certain teams stand or how they match up.

I mean it does, as far as how the states measure up, but if you play a team that went OOS it helps compare. It's different than if you're say Cartersville from a couple years ago where it's truly an unknown due to no good references.    Maybe yes maybe no, go with your gut and your eyes etc.   

Just now, badrouter said:

Dade county-and Florida teams in general- have done enough in OOS games over the years that people should know the state is legit. CC being as dominant as they have been should have placed them over Central and STA in all rankings given those two have losses. 

That's why i feel my poll is one of best ones out there,  i ignored the tendency to under rank Carol City simply because they lack a oos game and don't get the same attention as sta and Central 

All anyone had to do was look into Carol City as a team and it isn't any doubt they belong at the top in FL 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Carol City might be the best team in the country. My gut said theyd win this.

I saw them a few weeks ago - really good.  I couldnt place them over an MD or SJB - those teams have certain fluidity, better QB play etc to where I would always pick them over a Carol City/Central type team.  Could Carol City beat anyone if they limited mistakes etc.....yea  no doubt.  And more importantly - them and Central could be the best two publics which is a better statement to me than any other

3 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I saw them a few weeks ago - really good.  I couldnt place them over an MD or SJB - those teams have certain fluidity, better QB play etc to where I would always pick them over a Carol City/Central type team.  Could Carol City beat anyone if they limited mistakes etc.....yea  no doubt.  And more importantly - them and Central could be the best two publics which is a better statement to me than any other

Won't know unless they play.   

54 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Dade county-and Florida teams in general- have done enough in OOS games over the years that people should know the state is legit. CC being as dominant as they have been should have placed them over Central and STA in all rankings given those two have losses. 

I hear you - but who cares about high school OOS when talkimg about Dade-South FL.   If someone doesnt think the area is legit (actually the best hands down) than they're a simply a "football moron".  I could care less if they lost every OOS they ever played - I would still say it's the best area in the nation for football.  And I'm not from there so no axe to grind (it was one of my assigned recruiting areas though)

• Like 2