Carol City 36 Miami Central 28 final

954gator

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Did I ever say their offense was elite?  I said STA offense not bad this year, it’s actually very good.   They’ve been able to run on everyone they’ve played and have a much improved passing game.    

Which games have you seen that impressed you with sta offense

I want to know what games i need to go watch 

17 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I would take Mater Dei or SJB over Carol City.  The fact Carol City can even be in a discussion with them is the real compliment - those schools are like jucos

I guarantee that you havent seen Carol City play 1 single time this season.

Carol City will get a chance to play in the GEICO games this year too... If they have them.

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

I would take Mater Dei or SJB over Carol City.  The fact Carol City can even be in a discussion with them is the real compliment - those schools are like jucos

I’m saying that’s what will happen. Didn’t indicate CC was better than either of them. I don’t think CC can beat IMG. 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I guarantee that you havent seen Carol City play 1 single time this season.

Carol City will get a chance to play in the GEICO games this year too... If they have them.

I actually did and don't doubt them vs anyone - they're real good.  I know they have the ability to beat those teams, I made the statement because I think MD and SJB play with a certain level of precision that limits mistakes and would be the difference.  They have better QB play and game discipline and I think that would be the difference.  I dont mean to take anything away from CC if that's how its sounded

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kalven said:

I’m saying that’s what will happen. Didn’t indicate CC was better than either of them. I don’t think CC can beat IMG. 

I hear ya.  I actually think they would beat IMG - they have the athleticsim to keep up and I think they just play with more hunger.  In the above post i explain why I think SJB and MD are a cut above.

9 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I hear ya.  I actually think they would beat IMG - they have the athleticsim to keep up and I think they just play with more hunger.  In the above post i explain why I think SJB and MD are a cut above.

Saying CC will beat IMG but MD is a cut above is redundant. MD beat IMG with a last min drive. 

My guess is the quickness of CC would give MD problems. Quickness-in particular in the defensive front seven- is the one area where California teams consistently would be outmatched vs. most of Florida's elite teams.

Side note: I know San Clemente is not an elite SoCal team even though they beat Mission Viejo. But, you look at the front seven on defense with your own two eyes as I am right now and the difference is dramatic between them and what you'd see from most of the top Florida defenses. 

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

My guess is the quickness of CC would give MD problems. Quickness-in particular in the defensive front seven- is the one area where California teams consistently would be outmatched vs. most of Florida's elite teams.

Side note: I know San Clemente is not an elite SoCal team even though they beat Mission Viejo. But, you look at the front seven on defense with your own two eyes as I am right now and the difference is dramatic between them and what you'd see from most of the top Florida defenses. 

Easily, and don’t get me started on the defensive backs.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Thats what I've noticed with the top FL teams as well.  And they always seem to have a dtackle with a huge gut who is somehow quick as a cat

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Thats what I've noticed with the top FL teams as well.  And they always seem to have a dtackle with a huge gut who is somehow quick as a cat

haha yep. The difference I'm describing isn't anything new or original. You see the difference at the college level as well with players from the Southeastern U.S. To be fair, the prrecison and QB play of California teams is usually superior to Florida teams. So, I'm not saying Florida teams are always better overall. But, I think a lot of untrained eyes watch these teams and see the QB play and precision and tend to miss the huge difference in athleticism, especially among the big guys. Which is why some teams end up over or under ranked.

9 minutes ago, badrouter said:

haha yep. The difference I'm describing isn't anything new or original. You see the difference at the college level as well with players from the Southeastern U.S. To be fair, the prrecison and QB play of California teams is usually superior to Florida teams. So, I'm not saying Florida teams are always better overall. But, I think a lot of untrained eyes watch these teams and see the QB play and precision and tend to miss the huge difference in athleticism, especially among the big guys. Which is why some teams end up over or under ranked.

100% on point.  I saw something years back on NFL defensive players -  huge amount from FL,GA,LA.  Completely outclass the other states on that side of the ball 

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

No doubt.  What is the Geico their referring to......could CC potentially play MD or SJB in it?

Usually the end of the year invitation. Promo game. Northwestern FL lost to Chandler Az last year. 

CC won’t beat MD or SJB this year, their QB play are above and beyond everyone in the country. It would be a good game but MD and SBJ would pull away. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kalven said:

Usually the end of the year invitation. Promo game. Northwestern FL lost to Chandler Az last year. 

CC won’t beat MD or SJB this year, their QB play are above and beyond everyone in the country. It would be a good game but MD and SBJ would pull away. 

Problem is California refuses to send a team so we won't know

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Just stop 

Only reason you want IMG considered best in FL is to prop up mater Dei beating IMG 

I said back in the spring that mater Dei would beat IMG before i even saw how vulnerable they were up close,  this IMG team is not as strong as past years and anyone looking from a unbiased perspective can see it

The only top 25 quality level team on IMG schedule beat them,  what exactly is making IMG top 5 nationally or top team in FL outside of just on paper talent?  It certainly isn't anything on the field that proving it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Only reason you want IMG considered best in FL is to prop up mater Dei beating IMG 

I said back in the spring that mater Dei would beat IMG before i even saw how vulnerable they were up close,  this IMG team is not as strong as past years and anyone looking from a unbiased perspective can see it

The only top 25 quality level team on IMG schedule beat them,  what exactly is making IMG top 5 nationally or top team in FL outside of just on paper talent?  It certainly isn't anything on the field that proving it

You.watched.a.scrimmage.

A.Scrimmage.

Just stop