Excuse Thread - Quarterfinal week

Sammyswordsman

12 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS beats BG by 7. Md crushes BG. SJB crushes MD. SJB only beats Jserra by 7. 

If you make any daisy chain long enough anyone can beat anyone 

what I don’t understand is why you needed to include SJB 

couldn’t you have just said MD beat BG 42-0 and JSerra 42-7 and let us figure out if that means JSerra better than BG or not 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Oaks is primarily a defensive team.   They score as much as they need to win.  Not all good teams have to put up big numbers to win.   Lest we forget DLS 14-0.

I agree with you in principle, but I'm not sure I'd call them primarily defensive. Their running back, Charbonnet, is really something. They are more of a run-first, ball-control style of offense that isn't conducive to putting up gaudy stats, but it is still effective.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

Oaks is primarily a defensive team.   They score as much as they need to win.  Not all good teams have to put up big numbers to win.   Lest we forget DLS 14-0.

Well

i would say that a 2 TD win over Folsom is better than a 2 TD win over a 7-loss team that Folsom had a running clock margin by Q2

Am sure theyre a good team, just don’t think too 25 is all

5 hours ago, Pops said:

i would say that a 2 TD win over Folsom is better than a 2 TD win over a 7-loss team that Folsom had a running clock margin by Q2

I wasn’t insinuating Oaks is comparable to DLS, just making the point about scoring.   

Doubt they’ll beat SJB but they sure won’t give them a free pass.

Never been a fan of Oaks Christian but this year they are no joke and should have garnered the respect of most. They appear to have played to the level of their opponents and did what they needed to win... not flashy, not over the top... just good. The party will end this weekend but beyond that, outside of the big 3 and DLS, no body is going to run over them this year. It's too bad the CI
F playoff system is so screwed up as a Folsom OC game is one I would make a point to attend.

• Like 1