The case for Grace Brethren?

badrouter

CP boosted  Lakeland to 40th currently and Massey’s version of playoff boost has Lakeland at 25th currently (may not stick with Saturday results pending and likely they will be jumped for similar seasons why Lakeland jumped other schools yesterday.  It’s called playoff boost).  

FL algorithm expert Joe Pinkos predicted Edgewater to win last night.   CalPreps and Massey at least had Lakeland  (FL playoffs Pinkos has a 3 game lead thru 4 rounds vs CalPreps).   

Schools who have had iffy regular season schedules but are doing well in the playoffs will skyrocket up the ratings once their sos spools up.  Lakeland is a prime example of how algorithms work.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

You have no idea what my thoughts on calpreps are even though I've made them quite clear.

Why?

Because you don't, or can't, read.

You're just a homer clown who's having an emotional crisis because people don't respect your team for beating a bunch of slapdicks.

Are you going to share with us any tips on picking up cougars at Sharkeez in Newport Beach or not?

25 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

I think we need to do an analysis of how Lakeland and Grace Brethern were doing at the half, and after three quarters in all of their games.

That seems to be what determines how good a team is.

If you don't think Lakeland only being up 21-14 at halftime at home against Edgewater is relevant to how good they are then you're hopeless.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

CP boosted  Lakeland to 40th currently and Massey’s version of playoff boost has Lakeland at 25th currently (may not stick with Saturday results pending and likely they will be jumped for similar seasons why Lakeland jumped other schools yesterday.  It’s called playoff boost). 

Does Massey even have a playoff boost?

calpreps does a lot of stupid things and the playoff boost might not even be the stupidest.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

If you don't think Lakeland only being up 21-14 at halftime at home against Edgewater is relevant to how good they are than you're hopeless.

Well of course I must be, since you decreed it.

Why all the gratuitous insults?  Can’t we disagree without acrimony?

You don’t know a thing about me yet you feel justified in making unsubstantiated allegations about my mental state.

Given your track record I’m not sure an impartial jury would say I’m the hopeless one.

And to show you how gracious I am I’m not even going to point out that you used “than” when you should have used “then.”

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

calpreps does a lot of stupid things and the playoff boost might not even be the stupidest.

Have a look on Monday when you can see the plus/minus column of movement in his ratings.  It would have been more clear if you saw previous weeks as some less power states finished up.  How Massey does things is a bit weird with OOS scaling as he uses a 2 year rolling data to help with more games totals.  That’s an odd way to decide a single season scale.  

I’ll read up on his system and look for playoffs info and report back.  

13 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Have a look on Monday when you can see the plus/minus column of movement in his ratings.  It would have been more clear if you saw previous weeks as some less power states finished up.  How Massey does things is a bit weird with OOS scaling as he uses a 2 year rolling data to help with more games totals.  That’s an odd way to decide a single season scale.  

I’ll read up on his system and look for playoffs info and report back. 

calpreps is more transparent in their methodology but all that does it help us understand how flawed the logic is.

massey is more opaque but my initial reaction is that it's more accurate.

I'd like to know how massey treats MOV because calpreps is all fucked up in that category.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

What's gratuitous about it?

You suffer from the same maladies that most clowns on this forum do.

Fanboy conventional wisdom.

I'm trying to help you.

Gratuitous means unnecessary or unwarranted.  This response falls into that category as well.

Again, you don’t have a clue as to what, if any, maladies I may or may not suffer from.  Why do you persist in trying to frame me in the image you think I might fit?

Fanboy?  What does that even mean?

Your main driving force in life seems to be to unload as many unsubstantiated insults as possible, rather than trying to have a rational discussion.

I can only attribute your attitude to a deep-seated insecurity.  No well-grounded individual responds in such a mean-spirited way to every post, on a high school message board, no less.

Something truly horrible must have happened to you when you were younger.

And, unlike you with your snarky “... trying to help ...,” I really am trying to help you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Gratuitous means unnecessary or unwarranted.  This response falls into that category as well.

Again, you don’t have a clue as to what, if any, maladies I may or may not suffer from.  Why do you persist in trying to frame me in the image you think I might fit?

Fanboy?  What does that even mean?

Your main driving force in life seems to be to unload as many unsubstantiated insults as possible, rather than trying to have a rational discussion.

I can only attribute your attitude to a deep-seated insecurity.  No well-grounded individual responds in such a mean-spirited way to every post, on a high school message board, no less.

Something truly horrible must have happened to you when you were younger.

And, unlike you with your snarky “... trying to help ...,” I really am trying to help you.

Of course he is insecure 

STA is the only thing in his life that gives him relevance and anytime someone questions that credibility he loses control 

He shows tendencies of someone with a narcist personality, he clearly feels threatened and based on his verbal responses and extreme aggression as well as much time he spends on here he has either never been married 

2 hours ago, Goldmember said:

https://www.masseyratings.com/theory/massey.htm#rating

Under Calculate ratings Massey refers to it as 'time-weighting'.   As it relates to hsfb, the more recent games = playoffs.   For HSFB I would suggest Massey's debatable mention is an understatement.   

Time weighting is a debatable practice, however I believe that more recent games are generally better indications of a team's true strength. An exponential decay based time weighting is applied by premultiplying g by some weight w.

35 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Lakeland beating STA would be a great ending to the 2018 season.

That will guarantee at least 6 months of hiding for Goldmember.

How about this.

If STA loses, I have to post regularly for 6 months.

And if they win, you can't post for 6 months.

(Which is, admittedly, weird because everybody here hates me so why would they want me to post?)

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

How about this.

If STA loses, I have to post regularly for 6 months.

And if they win, you can't post for 6 months.

(Which is, admittedly, weird because everybody here hates me so why would they want me to post?)

You wouldn't follow through on that,  if you want anyone to take you seriously you need to up the ante a hell a lot more than that

3 hours ago, Goldmember said:

What's gratuitous about it?

You suffer from the same maladies that most clowns on this forum do.

Fanboy conventional wisdom.

I'm trying to help you.

This thread is about the Grace Brethren Golden Eagles, freshly up to #75 nationally! They're ranked higher than 11 of STA's opponents. 

It's also about learning to pick up cougars in Corona Del Mar. Please stay on topic. Thanksya

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

This thread is about the Grace Brethren Golden Eagles, freshly up to #75 nationally! They're ranked higher than 11 of STA's opponents. 

It's also about learning to pick up cougars in Corona Del Mar. Please stay on topic. Thanksya

Lancers.

Perhaps Golden Lancers.