The case for Grace Brethren?

badrouter

28 minutes ago, daddyooo said:

Grace would do just fine against the lower end of D-1 in CA (Servite, Santa Margarita, Rancho Cucamonga, San Clemente).

Battering ram of a running back (Lontrelle Diggs), an up and coming QB, and stud OL/DL. 

They'd do better than fine. My Grace Brethren Golden Lancers would pummel lower rated teams like Miami Northwestern and Grayson. If those teams had what it truly takes, they'd be ranked as high or higher than my Golden Lancers. But, they are not. 

2 hours ago, daddyooo said:

Grace would do just fine against the lower end of D-1 in CA (Servite, Santa Margarita, Rancho Cucamonga, San Clemente).

Battering ram of a running back (Lontrelle Diggs), an up and coming QB, and stud OL/DL. 

The QB completed 2 passes for 40 yards. The battering ram was held below 70 yards. A 5'-8" St. Augustine QB could not be contained. They are D4 for a reason. To think they could compete in D-1is laughable. Let's see how they do in D3 next year. Still impressive for an enrollment of 305 students,

45 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

The QB completed 2 passes for 40 yards. The battering ram was held below 70 yards. A 5'-8" St. Augustine QB could not be contained. They are D4 for a reason. To think they could compete in D-1is laughable. Let's see how they do in D3 next year. Still impressive for an enrollment of 305 students,

All demonstrably FALSE. Lies. Ned over at calpreps has provided us with the data. Like it or not, the data clearly shows my Grace Brethren Golden Eagles are eighty (80) spots higher than Grayson. Grace is ahead of Miami Northwestern, Hoover, Bishop Gorman. I could go on. Ned's numbers tell us what we need to know: The Grace Brethren Golden Lancers are simply better than those teams. Try again next season. 

beat Camarillo (4) easily

beat Westlake (2) comfortably. Westlake lost to Oaks Christian, final 4 D-1, 13-7

beat Moorpark (3) easily

loss to Sierra Canyon by 4 points

There are only 18 schools in D-1, and 16 make the playoffs.   I still say this year's team competes with the likes of any of the 4 mentioned.  I wouldn't be surprised if they schedule up next year.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:32 PM, badrouter said:

Hello California fans. Moron here with a question for you about one of your better teams. Nationally rated #80 Eagles (no clue what their actual nickname is, so we'll go with Eagles). The Eagles have lost twice this season, most recently to Antelope Valley. GB currently sits above 14-0 Lakeland and 13-1 Armwood, both of whom will play for Florida state championships next weekend. Lakeland has beaten every single team they've played by at least three scores (17 points is closest game). Because I'm stupid, I'm not able to make sense of Grace Brethern being 10 spots higher than Lakeland in the rankings. Please make the case for Grace. Why are calpreps ratings legitimate, and Grace is properly rated. Thanks!

Lol at this thread. Josh Henderson(Fontana guy that was a Frosh coach while I played there) would be having a good chuckle at his team being on a national site. 

• Like 1

Massey ratings list of biggest upsets this season:   https://www.masseyratings.com/extgms?s=hsf2018&x=U

Some familiar names :) 

Top 100:     98 Venice, FL to #762  Vero Beach   42-20  ( Vero had 1 loss, lost to #977 Dr Phillips in 2nd round playoffs)

Top 200:    #128 Grace Brethren to #1918 Antelope Valley  32-29  (Antelope lost to #1732 and #3296 as well) 

Top 400:    #355 Edgewater, FL to #2741 Hagerty  31-15  (Hagerty lost to #1618, #2729, #3715 and #4502 as well) 

Other top 1000 rated losses noted:

#722 lost to #3464,  #745 lost to #3132, #877 lost to #4564

13 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Lol at this thread. Josh Henderson(Fontana guy that was a Frosh coach while I played there) would be having a good chuckle at his team being on a national site. 

Why would he laugh? His team has been deemed nationally elite by the foremost rankers of all high school teams nationally. They have a win over the Sea Kings. Northwestern,Hoover, Bishop Gorman, Grayson? Their wins are all over Sea QUEENS. Boom!