Did you get your flu shot?

noonereal

If so, what did you get? What company manufactured it? Was it a 3 or 4 strain vaccination? What strains were included? Was it age appropriate? Was it delivery appropriate? 

and, would we all just be better off if the same money was dumped into flu education and implementing mandatory hygienic practices?  (yes we would) 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

If so, what did you get? What company manufactured it? Was it a 3 or 4 strain vaccination? What strains were included? Was it age appropriate? Was it delivery appropriate? 

and, would we all just be better off if the same money was dumped into flu education and implementing mandatory hygienic practices?  (yes we would) 

Well educating about teen pregnancy, stds, and drug use has gone so well and our country has been so keen to listen to expert advice about things like smoking and obesity.i mean what’s the worse that can happen right?

17 minutes ago, ron169 said:

Well educating about teen pregnancy, stds, and drug use has gone so well and our country has been so keen to listen to expert advice about things like smoking and obesity.i mean what’s the worse that can happen right?

i had already thought of that. As King (and I should be King)  I would have strong laws and enforce them in reference to stopping disease spread. 

Just talking at folks does not do much although it has some effect. 

BTW, are not teen pregnancy, stds and drug use way down?? I know it is in the blue states. 

Speaking of STD's. my doctor asked me just yesterday, if he could test me for them. No one ever had previous. So progress is being made.  

25 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I have never had a flu shot and have not had flu in the past 30 years. I try and eat right, exercise, and generally avoid unhealthful situations. I did get a shingles shot two years ago, as I am one of the very few to have gotten chicken pox twice, having caught it from my then infant son, as an adult.  

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I have never had a flu shot and have not had flu in the past 30 years. I try and eat right, exercise, and generally avoid unhealthful situations. I did get a shingles shot two years ago, as I am one of the very few to have gotten chicken pox twice, having caught it from my then infant son, as an adult.  

This is the first one I ever got. I only got it because I'll likely be in hospitals during the flu season so I'll have minimal control of my environment. 

I should get the shingles, good call. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not no, but hell no!! 

They inject you with the flu! Don't let this man put poison in your body. 

They are really injecting tracking chips inside you. Don't fall for it!!!

I thought the viruses were killed, and not live.  Though the nasal spray has weakened viruses.

But still it's better to check with a doctor, especially if you have an allergy to eggs.

Flu shots help certain strains, but not all.  So, you still can get the flu even with the shot.

never got the flu shot and most likely never will...

Nothing wrong with building up your bodies immunities via some dead cells that won't multiply and make you any 'sicker' than the shot does...per say...and the shots DO have the same effect on your body as the real sickness just 'hopefully' in a smaller dose...

That's the theory anyway, but no need for me to add in any 'additives' that get into the mix and get shot up w/heavy metals etc. for no reason...If I got the flu it might be a different story...but never really did...and figure my body will build up the immunities then... over the course of the season I think pretty much everyone gets exposed (and builds their own immunities) anywho...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Troll said:

never got the flu shot and most likely never will...

Nothing wrong with building up your bodies immunities via some dead cells that won't multiply and make you any 'sicker' than the shot does...per say...and the shots DO have the same effect on your body as the real sickness just 'hopefully' in a smaller dose...

That's the theory anyway, but no need for me to add in any 'additives' that get into the mix and get shot up w/heavy metals etc. for no reason...If I got the flu it might be a different story...but never really did...and figure my body will build up the immunities then... over the course of the season I think pretty much everyone gets exposed (and builds their own immunities) anywho...

Exactly your body will fight off so much on it's own. I've never had the flu. 

• 2 weeks later...