So we want to be like Europe?

Bormio

Just now, Belly Bob said:

And without nationalism or anti-semitism or anti-Communism, the Nazis may never have come to power.

If Hitler had gotten into art school the Nazis may never have come to power.

If Hitler's mother had gotten sick when she was pregnant, the Nazis may never have come to power.

Is that the joke?

You bring up some scenarios sure. 

But like I said before the nazis did do some good things before they lost their collective minds. 

But as one SS officer said after the war the worst thing they did was the final solution as it turned the whole world against them. I'm not sure if thats the only thing that turned the whole world against the nazis but thats what he said. 

1 minute ago, ohio said:

Believe me, it's economic as well.  I have some extended family there.

It's more economic than migrant that's for sure...

Something has to break as it is unsustainable with what they have moved in and society there indeed is in the throws of economic crisis..

The numbers they were tossing out on what it has and is costing the government thru their policies are just plain ridiculous... 

MSM won't discuss that tho….always a scapegoat somewhere...ways

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

👍

Basically why I think we should be exporting technology and such  to Africa.....not importing their 'downtrodden' people... 

people migration is ass backwards from what we should be doing...

That's a surprise. That's a way more liberal policy than even my liberal friends advocate.

How much would it cost the American taxpayer to get Africa up and running?

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

As long as we don’t send it to corrupt plutocracies.

Exporting “ideas” can work.  After WW2, cheap “Made in Japan” goods flooded our country.  People wondered how to fight back.  My wise granddad said - “We will just have to export the AFL-CIO”.  And lo and behold, rising Japanese wages did the trick.

I was thinking more along the lines of housing,  farming etc. 

humanitarian aid does not need to be cutting edge technology.

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

These facts have often been used to discount the argument that the world is overpopulated. The world isn't overpopulated. Rather, Americans disgustingly over consume. 

I'm not sure how you're using these facts in an argument that Americans should close their borders to those who consume less than the average American. But maybe that's not your point. I don't know. 

You giving up your computer, phone etc?  We also produce a lot or invest in other countries to produce.

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You bring up some scenarios sure. 

But like I said before the nazis did do some good things before they lost their collective minds. 

But as one SS officer said after the war the worst thing they did was the final solution as it turned the whole world against them. I'm not sure if thats the only thing that turned the whole world against the nazis but thats what he said

The invasions of Poland and France might have raised some eyebrows. It may have been the rhetoric of the racial superiority of the German people. The anti-semitism might have bothered some people. Maybe the invasion of Russia. The disdain for democracy. I'm no historian though. 

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

That's a surprise. That's a way more liberal policy than even my liberal friends advocate.

How much would it cost the American taxpayer to get Africa up and running?

Not sure exactly, but  help it the right way once and it's probably less than boatloads of cash (and military support) every year

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

The invasions of Poland and France might have raised some eyebrows. It may have been the rhetoric of the racial superiority of the German people. The anti-semitism might have bothered some people. Maybe the invasion of Russia. The disdain for democracy. I'm no historian though. 

Like I said I put his quote. I didnt say I agreed with his view of the situation. 

The anti semitism didnt bother the german people on the scale that you think. The germans non Jewish people watched those people being deported everyday and for alot of them they didnt care much. 

But again I didn't say I agree with the guys viewpoint. 

I do love this topic though. I cant get enough of WW2. It's such a great topic

Just now, Troll said:

I was thinking more along the lines of housing,  farming etc. 

humanitarian aid does not need to be cutting edge technology.

We have done that quite a bit over the years.  Trade deals have also provided jobs in overseas countries - trade is not a negative - as long as it is fair to US workers as well.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

No, I don't consider Ukraine, Bosnia, Georgia, or the Crimea as politically or culturally part of Europe. Do you?

Don't know about the others, but Bosnians do consider themselves to be culturally part of Europe.  Even most of the Muslims in Bosnia consider themselves Bosnians and Europeans first then Muslims, unlike the Middle Eastern, and SE Asian Muslim countries.  That also includes Somalians.

Germany took in a good number of immigrants from the Yugoslav wars, and they integrated well into their culture and politics, so due to German population decline, they thought they could do the same with other Muslim countries and they tried to get the EU to go along with it as well.  But due to economic reasons and new Muslim immigrants unwilling to integrate there there has been a backlash from other European nations.

Hopefully Europe gets it act together. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ohio said:

Don't know about the others, but Bosnians do consider themselves to be culturally part of Europe.  Even most of the Muslims in Bosnia consider themselves Bosnians and Europeans first then Muslims, unlike the Middle Eastern, and SE Asian Muslim countries.  That also includes Somalians.

Germany took in a good number of immigrants from the Yugoslav wars, and they integrated well into their culture and politics, so due to German population decline, they thought they could do the same with other Muslim countries and they tried to get the EU to go along with it as well.  But due to economic reasons and new Muslim immigrants unwilling to integrate there there has been a backlash from other European nations.

Hopefully Europe gets it act together. 

They would be better as individual countries as they are individual countries that would take care of their own people

42 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Oh u mean how like this country was ser up....13 individual colonies who took care of themselves. Had their own currency their own government and it kept the central government limited. I'd absolutely love to go back to that. 

And may is now fucking up Brexit. Won't even give the voters what they want and what they voted for. 

If we had separate nations, you would never be allowed into Alabama.  You would be stuck in New York forever, and if you did try to get into Alabama you would be an illegal alien. 

And yes, May is going against the wishes of the British people.

Just now, ohio said:

If we had separate nations, you would never be allowed into Alabama.  You would be stuck in New York forever, and if you did try to get into Alabama you would be an illegal alien. 

And yes, May is going against the wishes of the British people.

U do know when we had the 13 colonies people did go from state to state right? 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Like I said I put his quote. I didnt say I agreed with his view of the situation. 

The anti semitism didnt bother the german people on the scale that you think. The germans non Jewish people watched those people being deported everyday and for alot of them they didnt care much. 

But again I didn't say I agree with the guys viewpoint. 

I do love this topic though. I cant get enough of WW2. It's such a great topic

Europeans remain anti-semitic.  The British Labour Party is chock full of them.

6 minutes ago, ohio said:

[...]

Well, maybe Bosnia is culturally and politically part of Europe.

Just now, Bormio said:

Europeans remain anti-semitic.  The British Labour Party is chock full of them.

To get into an discussion of anti semitism at this late hour for me is not something I want to take on. 

I'll make an assumption and if I'm wrong I'm wrong but everyone hates/dislikes someone over something. It's part of human nature.