OT:Republicans release bill to repeal and replace

H.O.G.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/06/politics/republicans-public-obamacare-plan/index.html

The first section is the one to defund Planned Parenthood. Let there be no doubt what really matters to Republicans

Any person who has a gap in coverage will not be subject to a pre-existing condition clause, but will pay a penalty in the form of a surcharge to their premium of 30%.

They devoted seven pages to preventing lottery winners from being on Medicaid. WTF?

Repeals a law that capped healthcare CEO pay deductions at $500,000/yr. WTF?

They allow the insurance companies to charge you a 30% surcharge on your premiums for 1 year if you lapse coverage for 61 days or more, or dont buy insurance during the enrollment period. Thats even bigger fines than the ACA, AND its paid directly to the Ins. Co.'s! It wasnt the mandate or the fines they had a problem with, it was that they didnt benefit the insurance companies enough!

Get ready for the assfu#@ing

• Like 2

and this will be the first time in our history that the gov't will be forcing it's citizens to pay a third party (Ins. companies)...the republicans bit off more than they could chew with this one....let the internal fighting begin...which it has....

...this is going to lose them the house in 20 months...;)

1 minute ago, DBP66 said:

and this will be the first time in our history that the gov't will be forcing it's citizens to pay a third party (Ins. companies)...the republicans bit off more than they could chew with this one....let the internal fighting begin...which it has....

...this is going to lose them the house in 20 months...;)

Brother, I truly hope so.  They (Republicans) have been playing with fire and so far they haven't paid a price for it.  I think that the citizens have forgotten or didn't admit the obstruction that the Republicans have done.  This time they may pay a price for this complete bs of a bill but I'm not holding my breathe.  I certainly think the Trump people just don't care about anything as long as liberals get screwed, and that includes them being harmed by this legislation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, H.O.G. said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/06/politics/republicans-public-obamacare-plan/index.html

The first section is the one to defund Planned Parenthood. Let there be no doubt what really matters to Republicans

Any person who has a gap in coverage will not be subject to a pre-existing condition clause, but will pay a penalty in the form of a surcharge to their premium of 30%.

They devoted seven pages to preventing lottery winners from being on Medicaid. WTF?

Repeals a law that capped healthcare CEO pay deductions at $500,000/yr. WTF?

They allow the insurance companies to charge you a 30% surcharge on your premiums for 1 year if you lapse coverage for 61 days or more, or dont buy insurance during the enrollment period. Thats even bigger fines than the ACA, AND its paid directly to the Ins. Co.'s! It wasnt the mandate or the fines they had a problem with, it was that they didnt benefit the insurance companies enough!

Get ready for the assfu#@ing

I hope the women of this country do whatever they have to so save planned parenthood.  Strike, march, boycott, something because the Republicans just don't care.  I can't see how Republican women can be ok with shutting down PP.  You know what is truly ironic.  They claim to care about the unborn fetus, but as soon as that child is born, fu#K em.  Then turn around and give out handouts to insurance companies and tax breaks for the wealthy. 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

It's easy -- just pay for it

I think maybe you don't understand the situation.  If you do and still feel this is a good response, we will simply not agree on this.  Maybe we can take that insurance company CEO handout and use it to help pay for it.  Or even better is to take the $ from that wall Trump wants to build and use that to pay for it. 

25 minutes ago, 181pl said:

It is a THREE part process. This is step ONE. Don't freak out libs. Should be cheaper rates when the rules on cross-state shopping takes place in stage TWO.

...forget freaking the "libs" out....they need to worry about their own righty teabaggers that aren't going for it.....;)

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

...forget freaking the "libs" out....they need to worry about their own righty teabaggers that aren't going for it.....;)

I can't understand how anyone can think this is just libs freaking out.  Health care is a very big deal for everybody.  Making the situation worse will affect everyone, Republican and Democrat alike.  It's more important to repeal ACA rather than trying to fix it for the past 8 years.  It's not even possible to be against every single thing the ACA was trying to accomplish or Obama for that matter. At least one thing can be agreed with but not the Republicans, even though parts of the ACA were Republican ideas.   Not once did they try to make it better.

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I think maybe you don't understand the situation.  If you do and still feel this is a good response, we will simply not agree on this.  Maybe we can take that insurance company CEO handout and use it to help pay for it.  Or even better is to take the $ from that wall Trump wants to build and use that to pay for it. 

We just don't agree

FWIW, I'm a pro choice Catholic Republican who believes, besides Obamacare being a social engineering fiasco, that regardless of my own pro choice position, planned parenthood should not be government funded

it's the settled law of the land and I'm a proponent of separation of church and state, but this should be a private or non-profit enterprise, especially because millions of the people that are being taxed on this find it morally reprehensible 

abortion is not an inalienable right

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I can't understand how anyone can think this is just libs freaking out.  Health care is a very big deal for everybody.  Making the situation worse will affect everyone, Republican and Democrat alike.  It's more important to repeal ACA rather than trying to fix it for the past 8 years.  It's not even possible to be against every single thing the ACA was trying to accomplish or Obama for that matter. At least one thing can be agreed with but not the Republicans, even though parts of the ACA were Republican ideas.   Not once did they try to make it better.

how could they try and make it better?...they were to busy voting to repeal it 56 TIMES....following the "obstruction" playbook to the tee....the only game they knew how to play...now the shoe is on the other foot....karma is a bitch....;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I can't understand how anyone can think this is just libs freaking out.  

14 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

It's already the worst presidential term in history tbh, no matter how much far right pussies wanna deny it.

8 hours ago, Pops said:

We just don't agree

FWIW, I'm a pro choice Catholic Republican who believes, besides Obamacare being a social engineering fiasco, that regardless of my own pro choice position, planned parenthood should not be government funded

it's the settled law of the land and I'm a proponent of separation of church and state, but this should be a private or non-profit enterprise, especially because millions of the people that are being taxed on this find it morally reprehensible 

abortion is not an inalienable right

I can understand that but it also doesn't mean that you or anybody else has an inalienable right to deny a women right to choose.  I do get your point and think that there must be a way for the millions of morally disappointed Americans to sleep at night and not take away from the 97 % who are not having abortions.  Also, it could be that control over 1/2 the population's reproductive decisions is the ultimate in social engineering imo.

Pro-choice Catholic Republican?  Your just a riddle, wrapped up in an enigma, and smothered in contrary sauce. ?

• Like 1