Obamacare finally ruled unconstitutional

HSFBfan

On 12/19/2018 at 3:19 PM, World Citizen said:

Why are we supposed to believe that everyone is aiming for a higher frequency, or that everyone would be disappointed by failing to achieve a higher frequency? Aren't we aware of narcissists and sociopaths and psychopaths who aren't affected by hurting others? And why are things set up that way in the first place, that helping others lifts your frequency and that the opposite lowers your frequency? If you treated others badly and now your frequency is really low, which I imagine would be bad for you, then why not call that a punishment for your bad behavior? 

The judge would help you the same I help my son when I grab him by the collar and tell him that he's got do it again because he didn't do it right the first time. That sort of thing. Part of moral education is changing what your kids want. My kids want to play video games all day and watch YouTube and not do their homework or brush their teeth. So they're not the best judges. 

Good talk. I appreciate it. I'll have to think more about it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Why are we supposed to believe that everyone is aiming for a higher frequency, or that everyone would be disappointed by failing to achieve a higher frequency? We shouldn't 'just believe'.  We should evaluate what is.  If it's working for you and you are happy, that's great.  But looking at the way the world is today, I don't see it as working very well at all.  I  am not sure how many people actually believe in frequencies or how each persons frequency at any one time creates their future experiences.   Aren't we aware of narcissists and sociopaths and psychopaths who aren't affected by hurting others?  Just because it may appear that they are not affected by hurting others does not mean that they are not affected.  From our viewpoint it is likely that we just can't see it.  And why are things set up that way in the first place, that helping others lifts your frequency and that the opposite lowers your frequency?  Maybe because that is how we can best evolve.  The why of it is above my ability to understand as is what path each of us is on.  Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Acariya Mun Bhuridatta Thera (look him up, amazing individual) all have the same message and that message is that love is the key.  If you treated others badly and now your frequency is really low, which I imagine would be bad for you, then why not call that a punishment for your bad behavior? 

I would call it just that but instead of bad behavior I would try to see it as an consequence and a exact reflection of where you are and what your beliefs ➡️thoughts➡️ actions have brought to you.  

The judge would help you the same I help my son when I grab him by the collar and tell him that he's got do it again because he didn't do it right the first time. That sort of thing. Part of moral education is changing what your kids want. My kids want to play video games all day and watch YouTube and not do their homework or brush their teeth. So they're not the best judges. 

Either are we the best judges.  But we can make great teachers and parents to our kids.  In your example of your kids and video games, homework, etc, that would be a loving way to teach kids.  

Good talk. I appreciate it. I'll have to think more about it. 

It is a good talk and you are making me think a lot about it.  That is a great thing.  Appreciate it.