Obamacare finally ruled unconstitutional

HSFBfan

Just now, Belly Bob said:

You had a full-time job but couldn't afford health insurance for a long time, didn't you?

I never really paid for health insurance. I had it on and off. The last people wanted 500 a month. I paid for it for a little bit canceled that shit. 

Absolutely ridiculous to have insurance for that price. 

I'm just so happy this shit has been ruled unconstitutional. You cant force people to have something that isnt even a right in this country. 

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I never really paid for health insurance. I had it on and off. The last people wanted 500 a month. I paid for it for a little bit canceled that shit. 

Absolutely ridiculous to have insurance for that price. 

I'm just so happy this shit has been ruled unconstitutional. You cant force people to have something that isnt even a right in this country. 

Make sure you keep that smile when you or someone you love who works full-time but who can't afford medical insurance because of its "absolutely ridiculous" cost gets sick or hurt. That would be a good time to remember that you have the right to refuse medical care, which you might want to exercise, even if that means rotting from the inside out, because you'll never be able to pay off the medical bills you'll incur if you get the care you need to survive. 

You might rot from the inside out, but at least your rotting will be consistent with the Constitution and its bold proclamation that you have the right to life, even if you don't have the right to the basic medical care which is often necessary to sustain that life.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Make sure you keep that smile when you or someone you love who works full-time but who can't afford medical insurance because of its "absolutely ridiculous" cost gets sick or hurt. That would be a good time to remember that you have the right to refuse medical care, which you might want to exercise, even if that means rotting from the inside out, because you'll never be able to pay off the medical bills you'll incur if you get the care you need to survive. 

You might rot from the inside out, but at least your rotting will be consistent with the Constitution and its bold proclamation that you have the right to life, even if you don't have the right to the basic medical care which is often necessary to sustain that life.

I am in support of this deicison of the judge. And I'm in support of not forcing people to have something. This is America. You cannot force people to have anything. 

People go to hospitals everyday and they get treated and never pay. So cant have two different standards cant have people paying out their ass to use hospitals while other people walk in get treated and never pay. 

But your right about 1 thing. I will continue to smile about this decision made by this judge. 

Feels like Christmas come early

Me and you will never agree on the subject so there is no reason to discuss this subject btw us

The logic behind the ruling is intriguing.  Roberts ruled the individual mandate constitutional because the penalty to enforce it was a “tax” and the Congress has the power to tax.  But the penalty ceases to exist Jan 1 - eliminating the “tax” and thus the constitutionality of the individual mandate.  The question is does that invalidate the entire law.  This judge said yes.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The logic behind the ruling is intriguing.  Roberts ruled the individual mandate constitutional because the penalty to enforce it was a “tax” and the Congress has the power to tax.  But the penalty ceases to exist Jan 1 - eliminating the “tax” and thus the constitutionality of the individual mandate.  The question is does that invalidate the entire law.  This judge said yes.

Yes without the mandate it erases the whole thing. 

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I am in support of this deicison of the judge. And I'm in support of not forcing people to have something. This is America. You cannot force people to have anything. 

[...]

Except for a social security card and a driver's license and auto insurance and sea belts in your car and state-built roads and public hospitals and public schools and basic education and a police force and a mail service and...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Except for a social security card and a driver's license and auto insurance and sea belts in your car and state-built roads and public hospitals and public schools and basic education and a police force and a mail service and...

Drivers license is not required in this country. And if I dont have a car I dont need auto insurance. And I've said it forever that its bullshit that everyone has to pay for schools even though you dont have kids in the school. 

But again were not going to agree on pretty much anything so there is no reason to have any discussion on this subject 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

People go to hospitals everyday and they get treated and never pay. So cant have two different standards cant have people paying out their ass to use hospitals while other people walk in get treated and never pay. 

If everyone had health insurance, then you wouldn't have that problem. 

27 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Anybody who is happy when people lose health insurance is a damn sick person.  Just flat out sick.  WTF is wrong with you?  

In his defense, he has said that he'd be happy to see illegal immigrants executed. So there's a daft logic to it: if you'd be happy to see illegal immigrants executed, then I can see how you'd also be happy to see someone lose his health insurance. But I suppose that doesn't make it any less disturbing. Maybe it makes it more so. 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Drivers license is not required in this country. And if I dont have a car I dont need auto insurance. And I've said it forever that its bullshit that everyone has to pay for schools even though you dont have kids in the school. 

But again were not going to agree on pretty much anything so there is no reason to have any discussion on this subject 

You may have said it's bullshit forever, but that's irrelevant. The point is that American can and does make you pay for it. And that's because in America recognizes that people have a right to education, and America protects that right by making everyone pay it, just like everyone pays for other services which are there to protect rights, whether you yourself happen to use those services or not.

So what's the essential difference? If people have a right to education, which everyone pays for, why not a right healthcare? 

5 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

You may have said it's bullshit forever, but that's irrelevant. The point is that American can and does make you pay for it. And that's because in America recognizes that people have a right to education, and America protects that right by making everyone pay it, just like everyone pays for other services which are there to protect rights, whether you yourself happen to use those services or not.

So what's the essential difference? If people have a right to education, which everyone pays for, why not a right healthcare? 

Because it's not a right. Nowhere in any document that was set up by this country does it say you have a right to healthcare 

Again were not going to agree so there is no reason for this dicussion.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

We've done this hsfb kid and health insurance 7 or 8 times already here.

It always amazes...

yeah beating him up all crazy like because you consider his views wrong....on paying for heathcare….

how selfish of someone who cannot afford their own medical insurance.... to be upset as he is required to pay for others who have not even contributed to the system...

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

you talk a good game on the 'rights' people should have.... for free access to costly health services.....

but somehow I never saw any mention of the government's forced payments to privately held companies......under penalty of law...being the best way t do that...

now I think that if you were to actually ask those you debate where they stand on the government providing better access to healthcare, you might find their responses more agreeable.  I have always thought that Ocare was a nice attempt, but entirely unconstitutional and a slippery slope to even greater  governmental abuses...

maybe you could address  that, you know, the 'actual reason' most people consider it unconstitutional, on the day that it is ruled so..  Maybe you could even provide support for your opinion on how 'politically this was a good way to address your own beliefs.   That  others must pay for your own services which you consider your 'right' could easily be considered more 'selfish'.....Than what you appear to defend....

PS. If you can get past that, you may even want to consider that when  'others' include 'millions' of those who have never even joined into or paid into our social system to begin with,  you might even come to the conclusion that it is your own views, masked as 'empathy' that are in fact more 'selfish'...............….and socially destructive.

• Thanks 1