Obamacare finally ruled unconstitutional

HSFBfan

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

you just nailed the "great separator' in this debate...

Can't ever expect people to be in agreement with one side of that equation....

Given the FANTASTIC point......my 2 cents is that government should at the very least have some sort of 'tax collection' (actual tax, not payments to private companies) to be able to provide basic 'emergency' or otherwise life 'preserving' services I.E. hospitals.... But private industries should be able to be used as well given that they have the 'competitive need' to advance their own science and product, where any government does not....

Of course many will claim that some 2-party system by it's very format is discriminatory as supposedly 'better care' will be only for those that can 'afford' it …..but I don't buy that for several reasons...  

I don't understand your point about the great separator and not expecting people to agree. I don't expect people to agree, for all sorts of reasons. People disagree about the shape of the Earth. Disagreement doesn't count for much.

I don't have an opinion on that. My point is that the state has an obligation to make sure that everyone has access to healthcare. 

15 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't have an opinion on that. My point is that the state has an obligation to make sure that everyone has access to healthcare. BASIC LIFE SUPPORT.<<FIFY

Sorry but you don't have a right for services such as the ones included in our extremely comprehensive private industry 'healthcare' system today... 

And in case you could not envision what I suggest in my last post....all you have to do is look at how all YOUR other supporting examples are set up today......

Education?  …...Yup.....public schooling and taxes....PSST...you know how many private schools their are?   LOL

Mail?  ….Yup....USPS as to 'compete' with UPS, Fedex, DHL

etc. etc.

And I don't hear anyone complaining about any 'descrimination' in those regards...

Would you agree a similar setup might be the most 'practical' at this point?  

16 minutes ago, Troll said:

Sorry but you don't have a right for services such as the ones included in our extremely comprehensive private industry 'healthcare' system today... 

And in case you could not envision what I suggest in my last post....all you have to do is look at how all YOUR other supporting examples are set up today......

Education?  …...Yup.....public schooling and taxes....PSST...you know how many private schools their are?   LOL

Mail?  ….Yup....USPS as to 'compete' with UPS, Fedex, DHL

etc. etc.

And I don't hear anyone complaining about any 'descrimination' in those regards...

Would you agree a similar setup might be the most 'practical' at this point?  

If you say so.

Of course I can't agree that such a system may be the most "practical," but I can agree that it may be the most practical. Again, I don't have an opinion on how the system should be set up, in its details, but that everyone have access to healthcare.

16 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

If you say so.

Of course I can't agree that such a system may be the most "practical," but I can agree that it may be the most practical. Again, I don't have an opinion on how the system should be set up, in its details, but that everyone have access to healthcare.<<< by repeating after a valid correction, are you intentionally now being overly broad ??? 

And yes I was "practically" speaking....which does go well beyond your apparently only 'philosophical' point...

which BTW can easily be shot down as well...

No practical solutions or suggestions from your end then??? 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

If you say so.

No, my point was about the right to healthcare. 

So what about it?

aside from being overly broad...

That is a philosophical belief and not based in our earthly reality...now is it? (with single payer and foreign systems even included)

So you have made a claim, not based in reality, that does not "practically" apply...

….and decline to offer any practical suggestion?

as you say......OK...if you say so...🤣

42 minutes ago, Troll said:

So what about it?

aside from being overly broad...

That is a philosophical belief and not based in our earthly reality...now is it? (with single payer and foreign systems even included)

So you have made a claim, not based in reality, that does not "practically" apply...

….and decline to offer any practical suggestion?

as you say......OK...if you say so...🤣

I gave an argument for the belief, which means I've discharged my argumentative burden. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Did you see the movie about Johnny Cash ?? I forgot the guy who,played him..." A boy named Sue, how do you do" 😎😎💪💪💪💪

With Joaquin Phoenix? I saw it. I didn't think it was bad, but I guess I didn't like it as much as a lot of other people did. 

Either way, he wrote some good songs and developed a distinctive style. 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

I gave an argument for the belief, which means I've discharged my argumentative burden. 

your believe is your own...

and valid only to that point.

Yet your posts try to 'point' to it as 'universal'.....which it is not (and for which I must have missed any supportive argument)

really don't want to get lost on our own technical syntax or circle any ground like these threads tend to do...

Actually though it was a good discussion 👍….believe me I get your point (actually mostly agree 😁...but only to a 'point' LOLOL).

I just did not want to dive into the 'philosophical side' as for most posters, the 'practical' side is complex enough.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

your believe is your own...

and valid only to that point.

Yet your posts try to 'point' to it as 'universal'.....which it is not (and for which I must have missed any supportive argument)

really don't want to get lost on our own technical syntax or circle any ground like these threads tend to do...

Actually though it was a good discussion 👍….believe me I get your point (actually mostly agree 😁...but only to a 'point' LOLOL).

I just did not want to dive into the 'philosophical side' as for most posters, the 'practical' side is complex enough.

If you say so. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

In his defense, he has said that he'd be happy to see illegal immigrants executed. So there's a daft logic to it: if you'd be happy to see illegal immigrants executed, then I can see how you'd also be happy to see someone lose his health insurance. But I suppose that doesn't make it any less disturbing. Maybe it makes it more so. 

Lol

You would make a very questionable defense attorney.  

And it makes it more so for sure.  

Aside from anybody's views on rights, we all should agree that our health care in this country is not working.  It is a major problem aand solving it would go a long way in helping families with one less thing to worry about.  We spend 1/5 of our budget on health care.  For that Kind of money one would think that everyone has health care.  

Parts of Obamacare work and parts don't.  If we collectively work to make the parts that don't work actually work and keep the parts that do work.  

But we do not work collectively unfortunately.  But if we did it may be possible to have a good system.  By having everyone with health care It would lower cost in long run and we would have a healthier populace which would also lower costs.  

This is too big an issue for every single one of us and nobody should go bankrupt because of a medical emergency.  Nor should they be denied care because an Insurance company decided they don't think you need it.  And preexisting conditions should have no bearing on what care you get, which the Repubs have been trying to take away while at the same time say they are not.  Talk about voting against your interest.  

19 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

No we are not.  That is a monotheistic concept that does not apply to those who do not believe in a God that judges and punishes.  Imho

But I have made plenty of mistakes in my life and am not done yet probably.  

Just curious and don't mean to pry, so you don't have to reply if you don't want to but...

Are you an atheist with an 'open mind'....or do you believe your Atheistic views are set, or otherwise proven in your mind??? 

Unless of course you are Polytheistic 🤔...in which case I might be even more interested in the reasoning LOL 

46 minutes ago, Troll said:

Just curious and don't mean to pry, so you don't have to reply if you don't want to but...

Are you an atheist with an 'open mind'....or do you believe your Atheistic views are set, or otherwise proven in your mind??? 

Unless of course you are  polytheistic..in which case I might be even more interested in the reasoning LOL 

Polysexuals are more interesting than polytheists.  👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 👩‍❤️‍👨 👩‍❤️‍👩    🤣