What's your TX final top 10?

Horsefly

Here are mine, just for fun and conversation to wrap up the season.  

What is your final top 10 rankings?  

1.  North shore

2.  Duncanville

3.  Allen

4.  Katy

5.  longview

6.  Aledo

7.  BWB 

8.  highland park

9. Rockwall - 3 losses on the year to Longview, highland park and Allen. All 3 games were competitive 

10.  Westfield - only losses on the year were to north shore and a close loss to longview in the regional finals 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

1.  North shore

2.  Duncanville

3.  Allen

4.  Katy

5.  longview

6.  Aledo

7.  BWB 

8.  highland park

9. Rockwall - 3 losses on the year to Longview, highland park and Allen. All 3 games were competitive 

10.  Westfield - only losses on the year were to north shore and a close loss to longview in the regional finals 

Longview is 3-0 vs that Top 10 (beat #7, #9 and #10)

Allen is 1--1 (beat #9, lost #2)

Katy is 0-2 (both to North Shore, but Katy does not have one quality win)...

Maxpreps Top 3 looks right to me...

1 North Shore (Houston) 16-0 42.2 +1
2 Duncanville 14-1 38.8 -1
3 Longview 16-0 41.2 --

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Longview is 3-0 vs that Top 10 (beat #7, #9 and #10)

Allen is 1--1 (beat #9, lost #2)

Katy is 0-2 (both to North Shore, but Katy does not have one quality win)...

Maxpreps Top 3 looks right to me...

1 North Shore (Houston) 16-0 42.2 +1
2 Duncanville 14-1 38.8 -1
3 Longview 16-0 41.2 --

I don't care about maxpreps, I want YOUR view.  

Those other teams are primarily ranked in my ranking BECAUSE of their close loss to Longview.  Maybe I overrated Longview?  

Atascocita was a quality win for Katy, so was Tompkins.(4 point loss to BWB in the playoffs)   

10 hours ago, Horsefly said:

1.  North shore

2.  Duncanville

3.  Allen

4.  Katy

5.  longview

6.  Aledo

7.  BWB 

8.  highland park

Pretty damn solid there.. nice job.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

...didn't get to watch football yesterday much, but was glad to see the Lobo get over the hump. Will have to watch the highlights later. Sounds like it was a great game.

Hell, both LongvIew and West Brook are basically on the Texas/Louisiana border. That doesn't happen much..

Damnit man...  hate you missed it.  I know you were happy.  It was a helluva game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FloTex said:

1. North Shore

2. Duncanville

3. Allen

4. Longview

5.  Katy

6. Cy Fair (even with 3 losses, when 100% healthy like against North Shore they were pretty salty)

7. Aledo

8. Westbrook

9. Austin Westlake woulda been here if healthy... but I’ll go Highland Park

10. SLC

Good list. those cy fair schools did well.  Cy ranch beat westlake and lost to Westfield in OT.  They could be on the list as well.  

14 hours ago, Horsefly said:

1.  North shore

2.  Duncanville

3.  Allen

4.  Katy

5.  longview

6.  Aledo

7.  BWB 

8.  highland park

This should come in handy when selecting teams for the national tournament

2 questions

One what does BWB stand for

Also what would be a few honorable mentions for your list?

1. North Shore

2. Duncanville

3. Katy

4. Allen

5. Longview

6. Aledo

7. Highland Park

8 .West Brook

9. Westfield

10. Westlake if healthy.

Playoff Katy is damn good. They had a chance to take the lead on North Shore in the 4th off an INT. Offense came up a little short.

Tempted to put Westfield over West Brook. BWB hasn't matched up well with them in the past. Westfield's defense is elite and a game with them might look like the NS game if they played, albeit lower scoring. If they had an offense they'd be the North Shore of division 2.

5 minutes ago, Champa said:

1. North Shore

2. Duncanville

3. Katy

4. Allen

5. Longview

6. Aledo

7. Highland Park

8 .West Brook

9. Westfield

10. Westlake if healthy.

Playoff Katy is damn good. They had a chance to take the lead on North Shore in the 4th off an INT. Offense came up a little short.

Tempted to put Westfield over West Brook. BWB hasn't matched up well with them in the past. Westfield's defense is elite and a game with them might look like the NS game if they played, albeit lower scoring. If they had an offense they'd be the North Shore of division 2.

Yep, westfield losing their starting QB really hurt them.  I wonder how much they bring back next year, especially on defense? 

11 hours ago, FloTex said:

Damnit man...  hate you missed it.  I know you were happy.  It was a helluva game.

I watched some highlights ...game was much closer than I thought it would be. Hopefully will be able to watch it all on replay soon.

Longview has always had that "Louisiana feel" to many here, including me. They even acknowledged Longview on the North La Forum on their 6A title.

Was glad to see Coach King and the Longview Lobo community get that Trophy. Heard they packed the place.

King is a Louisiana boy..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RedZone said:

I watched some highlights ...game was much closer than I thought it would be. Hopefully will be able to watch it all on replay soon.

Longview has always had that "Louisiana feel" to many here, including me. They even acknowledged Longview on the North La Forum on their 6A title.

Was glad to see Coach King and the Longview Lobo community get that Trophy. Heard they packed the place.

King is a Louisiana boy..

http://louisianasportsline.proboards.com/thread/6768/longview-lobos-state-champs

Lobo thread on the North La Forum. I don't post there, but check in every couple of days and give it a glance. It's mostly North La stuff.