NETFLIX: Movie Bird Box

DevilDog

24 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That is one crazy ass movie.  Now some idiots are starting an internet sensation by mocking the movie.  Again I enjoyed the movie. 

I was thinking about watching it then I saw the main character was Sandra bullock and ever since that movie Gravity I literally can’t watch anything she’s in

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, DevilDog said:

Watch it Homie.  Good Movie.  

image.png.7165af10264a6e7389cfb6b7cc1ce3ed.png

Well I got a chance to watch it...and did think it was a good movie

AMA can PM me for thoughts.    as I did not want to be a buzzkill, or give anything away, for anyone who has not seen it yet...

So I guess I will just leave this....

Did you know you can go blind if you stare into the sun?

giphy.gif

or is it..

Did you know you can go blind if you stare into the son?

giphy.gif

food for thought...

Dark to Light

and thank you for the recommendation.

😎

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I keep seeing it on the New Releases list, so with DD's recommendation, I will watch it tonight.  Maybe during my treadmill time.  Its long ass run day today.

well DD made a good call, and as he said...  "Don't read about it or look at a synopsis.  Just watch it."...

That's usually the best advise, for any movie 👍

Movies always seem better with no expectations

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Watched it and was super disappointed. 

Super disappointed  means you had expectations....now what did I tell you about that? LOLOL

It's not your average action flick, and probably slows down a bit too much at times for some...

Did not think that working out to it, would do any good for this type of movie either....

Setting means a lot if you want to connect to a movie...

(As example of setting making a difference would be like that old Stallone flick "Cliffhanger" was a decent movie in the Imax theatres because the cinema photography carrying the whole show....try it on dvd and it's ridiculously bad and pretty much unwatchable)

Was going to ask you a simple question 

Old original 'Planet of the Apes' or new 'Planet of the Apes'? LOL   They are in fact,  two entirely different genres in my book...

The new one is just non-thinking action BS with good special effects etc..... while the original was fantastic for the underlying thought involved, with hardly any action or special effects.  One is slow the other  fast   etc.

You were watching a slower/thought  movie on a fast (non-thinking?) treadmill, so I would not expect much connection there...I would need something upbeat there....which this is not. 

Guessing you got about 15 minutes in,  and were probably thinking like, this was just another bad 'Dawn of the Dead' rehash with less zombies or something  😄

Sometimes it's just timing too 😕 

13 minutes ago, Troll said:

Super disappointed  means you had expectations....now what did I tell you about that? LOLOL

It's not your average action flick, and probably slows down a bit too much at times for some...

Did not think that working out to it, would do any good for this type of movie either....

Setting means a lot if you want to connect to a movie...

(As example of setting making a difference would be like that old Stallone flick "Cliffhanger" was a decent movie in the Imax theatres because the cinema photography carrying the whole show....try it on dvd and it's ridiculously bad and pretty much unwatchable)

Was going to ask you a simple question 

Old original 'Planet of the Apes' or new 'Planet of the Apes'? LOL   They are in fact,  two entirely different genres in my book...

The new one is just non-thinking action BS with good special effects etc..... while the original was fantastic for the underlying thought involved, with hardly any action or special effects.  One is slow the other  fast   etc.

You were watching a slower/thought  movie on a fast (non-thinking?) treadmill, so I would not expect much connection there...I would need something upbeat there....which this is not. 

Guessing you got about 15 minutes in,  and were probably thinking like, this was just another bad 'Dawn of the Dead' rehash with less zombies or something  😄

Sometimes it's just timing too 😕 

You make alot of good points. I watched most of it on the treadmill then finished it at home, but slow and as Christopher Moltasante would say, there was no arc. And the ending was beyond lacking. As for cliffhanger, great flick even on DVD. Planet of the apes? Loved both original and newer one. They are movies I can just lose myself in. Bird Box, was not one of those and it just seemed to drag with the plot never to be found and no a ha moment to speak of. 

15 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

This was a poor attempt at a psychological thriller. Nothing like Unbreakable, Split and soon Glass. Now those are great flicks.

I hear ya.  But I was chill when I watched it, and hadn't seen many movies lately, so I think I was ready for it. lol

I usually can't recommend a movie to someone unless I know what they like....that's why I throw titles around to try and get a read first...

Like for a vampire flick or something I'd ask... ever see '30 days of Night' ? as like a baseline 

just gotta toss a bunch of names out there to see what people like...

• Like 1

It was a big hell no from me. Y’all know I needed something to watch after my Tide got stomped but I couldn’t get past 20 minutes. The constant back and forth in time and senseless gore wasn’t for me. I saw it hit over 26 million viewers so it attracts a certain crowd, I’m just not a part of that bunch. 

That said, Peaky Blinders is a good watch. Currently enjoying this series 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

This was a poor attempt at a psychological thriller. Nothing like Unbreakable, Split and soon Glass. Now those are great flicks.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

It was a big hell no from me. Y’all know I needed something to watch after my Tide got stomped but I couldn’t get past 20 minutes. The constant back and forth in time and senseless gore wasn’t for me. I saw it hit over 26 million viewers so it attracts a certain crowd, I’m just not a part of that bunch. 

I told u anything starring Sandra Bullock is gonna be a travesty 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Dang it. It's your fault I watched it. From now on you need to start a thread weekly in your movie reviews. Especially NetFlix!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Only two issues I had is I watched it with a couple of friends and guessed the two "twist" very early on. I saw the final twist coming a mile away though... but then again, M. Night has only surprised me once with all of his movies, so maybe I just think too much while watching them. I did like the back and forth, liked the fact that they never show the creatures, and like how they ended it. Good movie overall. Prolly would have done great in theatres had Netflix decided to go that route.

12 minutes ago, ron169 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Only two issues I had is I watched it with a couple of friends and guessed the two "twist" very early on. I saw the final twist coming a mile away though... but then again, M. Night has only surprised me once with all of his movies, so maybe I just think too much while watching them. I did like the back and forth, liked the fact that they never show the creatures, and like how they ended it. Good movie overall. Prolly would have done great in theatres had Netflix decided to go that route.

Lol 😂 of course u like that... that movie 🎥 is like a typical day in South Georgia 

12 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I should have asked outer resident Siskel and Ebert @ATLien12x.  He gives or use to give great reviews. Sorry DD but a swing and a miss on this one.

Spoiler Alert

I thought it was good from the perspective of this.  Many like it and just as many don't. Most watched Netflix film ever.

It hits on Mental illness. Big topic today.  Fir instance you can't see what causes the suicides. But each act affects other as.  Like when she says in the kitchen my sister would have never killed herself.

It shows how in this case a disability is actually protection.  

It hits on blind faith as those that are alive insist you look as if it's some heavenly experience.  

How the drunk was right Every time when others gave the benefit of the doubt. 

What is this unknown threat? Is it Satan?

Again not Oscar worthy.  But I enjoyed it.