No posts about the ‘Boys?

Bormio

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Your defense was gashed for almost 300 yards rushing with 2 Ram RBs going over 100 yds....almost 500 yds total offense.

The Cowboy running game netted 50 yards last night with a whopping 2.3 yards per rush.

Dak was 20-32 266 yds 1 TD 0 INT...he was the only reason you were in the damn game and had a chance.

Get yourself a new OC and get off the Louisiana's boy's nuts.

Sheesh...freakin goober!

I am not arguing any of your points...I agree on everything you are saying.  Except, I have tried to be Dak fan and it’s not working for me.  He is somewhere in the middle of all the QB’s which we all know that typically you are not going to win SB with this type of QB unless you truly excel every where else.  I can agree it could be worse for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Except, I have tried to be Dak fan and it’s not working for me.  He is somewhere in the middle of all the QB’s which we all know that typically you are not going to win SB with this type of QB unless you truly excel every where else.  I can agree it could be worse for us.

You don't know what type QB Dak is just yet....he's NOT your problem. 

Not a Cowboys fan, but a Zeke fan. Saw what I've seen all season. Gurley and now CJ Anderson consistently getting 5-7 yards before being touched while Zeke is having to make yards with defenders in the back field or at the LOS.

Despite being dominated in TOP and rush yardage, it was still an 8-point game. Where I thought the Cowboys actually lost the game was on the 4th and short when they were driving for a tie game. Just poor play calling. I never like the typical long developing running play when the defense is geared up for it. It should have been a quick hitting QB sneak with a TE or FB pushing Dak from behind or a QB roll out like they did the next 4th and 1. You just can't afford a running play that takes time to develop and usually results in someone getting into the backfield to blow it up.

I honestly believe that had they run the right play to get that 1st down and finish off that drive that Dallas had a good chance to steal that W.

FWIW, I'm not that sold on the Rams. I think the Saints will beat them again next week.

• Like 1

Oh, and I'll also add that I believe McVay made a mistake going on 4th and 1 from the 1 late in the game. While it worked out, cause they converted, the risk wasn't worth the reward.

While the TD was nice, it was overkill for the situation. A FG would have still given them a 2 score lead. By going for it, he allowed the Cowboys the only real opportunity they had to stay in the game at that point. If CJ Anderson had slipped making a cut or if there was a poor exchange or if the Cowboys defense made a play to stop him it still would have been an 8pt game with enough time for a drive -- even from the 1. But kicking the FG would have given the Rams an 11 point lead and the odds of a 2 possession comeback extremely slim.

McVay is a good coach, but I think there's a bit too much hubris in him and a call like that is eventually gonna come back to haunt him. He does that against New England and they'd likely make him pay dearly for it.