Dr.Robert Hines Ambition.

TheMaximumHornetSting

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think what needs to happen is they need to have a backup plan just in case everything doesn't go the way it should...

Well, back up plans that make sense at least. 

And quite possibly, back up plans that include input from everyone and not just some committee or whatever too. That would be a helluva plus. 

Mid week championship games in the ATL suck the big one for attendance and just the fans in general. 

15+% drop in attendance numbers this year vs. 2016. Right around 8k fans difference. 

If not for Bainbridge having not been in so long and bringing the entire town... I'd guess you could drop at least 5 more thousand off the number. Maybe more. I'm being generous.

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, back up plans that make sense at least. 

And quite possibly, back up plans that include input from everyone and not just some committee or whatever too. That would be a helluva plus. 

Mid week championship games in the ATL suck the big one for attendance and just the fans in general. 

15+% drop in attendance numbers this year vs. 2016. Right around 8k fans difference. 

If not for Bainbridge having not been in so long and bringing the entire town... I'd guess you could drop at least 5 more thousand off the number. Maybe more. I'm being generous.

There should've been a back up plan to begin with.... 

I give Hines this He's saying the right things and his heads in the right place. 

But He's from South GA... 

Now hear me out.... 

We already know how the GHSA felt about South GA pre-Hines. This man just got in and the first thing he said is "we have our larger South GA teams looking for 7 games and it's difficult on top of that some of our Atlanta larger schools are also having difficulty scheduling games as well, The smaller schools are traveling ridiculous distances as well" he didn't hesitate to say what he wanted and how he felt. He feels 7A is unnecessary and wants it gone. 

And if all goes well next year we'll be back to 6A format.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Screw worrying about transfers, better get a good orthopedic surgeon to help all those kids with the fucked up thumbs first 😂.

I think it's too late for most of those little flat thumbed fuckers. Hahaha.

Gotta get with the parents and have them cut the data allowance or something to protect those kids from getting the flat thumb syndrome. 

xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Either that, or something like Texas does with a split top class. 

My thing is how this is gonna effect Region 1

Because if we use the current enrollment numbers in the 6A format region 1 would be a 10 team region:

Colquitt

Tift

Lowndes

Valdosta

Lee

Coffee

Richmond Hills 

Camden

Glynn Academy 

Brunswick 

And I don't like that.... 

If you're trying to kill travel issues this most certainly wouldn't be it.... 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My thing is how this is gonna effect Region 1

Because if we use the current enrollment numbers in the 6A format region 1 would be a 10 team region:

Colquitt

Tift

Lowndes

Valdosta

Lee

Coffee

Richmond Hills 

Camden

Glynn Academy 

Brunswick 

And I don't like that.... 

If you're trying to kill travel issues this most certainly wouldn't be it.... 

Idk. I saw where John's Creek was in at least an 8 team region for 6A this year. 

A weak as fuck region albeit, so, their chance to improve schedule is slim because they only have one or two openings for non region. 

So, lets say that bill you mention passes, then, we go to a 10 team region down here... two or three teams have all the talent and the region is like John's Creek's region, except there is no openings for OOS or scheduling up. 

That's the type of shit dudes like Hines that went to school til he was dumb again need to think about. Saying some stuff is one thing, but, actually sitting down and thinking around corners is a little different. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Hearing something interesting on a Bill to. 

@JCGIII might've been right... 

@GardenStateBaller

There's a bill that they're deciding on this week. 

HB11. 

The simplified version of it:

you can attend any other school outside or inside your district so long as you have reliable transportation and an address in or near the school you wish to attend if it's public or Private.

But here's the kicker you don't actually have to live near any of the schools to do this... 

Example: 

Let's say I have a son he attends Savannah HS. 

But he wants to go to Colquitt County For any reason what so ever. Now here's the obvious problem Colquitts almost 4 hours away... 

And I don't live in Colquitt. 

But @HawgGoneIt says hey that's all fine and well you can use my address for your school information. Bam! My kid is now a Colquitt County student. Because of the bills effect. 

So long as My kid uses Hawgs address and we have some sort of agreement he is in the clear. 

He doesn't have to live with Hawg or anything we just have to have a form of written agreement or proof that I receive mail at his address and he approves of it.  And As long as I made that drive to drop off and pick up the kid every day nothing can or will be done or said. 

Sooo for shits n Giggles ...who’s paying for all these kids to attend that school...

I highly doubt the village of Moultrie is  gonna want to  have higher taxes just cause some kids from bainbrridge or tifton feeling like going to school in colquit for an education 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. I saw where John's Creek was in at least an 8 team region for 6A this year. 

A weak as fuck region albeit, so, their chance to improve schedule is slim because they only have one or two openings for non region. 

So, lets say that bill you mention passes, then, we go to a 10 team region down here... two or three teams have all the talent and the region is like John's Creek's region, except there is no openings for OOS or scheduling up. 

That's the type of shit dudes like Hines that went to school til he was dumb again need to think about. Saying some stuff is one thing, but, actually sitting down and thinking around corners is a little different. 

The Bill unfortunately is something up to the state. 

Yea it was submitted to the state during the GHSA debical where they owed Cartersville money and everybody wanted the GHSA disbanded... 

Which is why that's out of his hands... 

However if Hines is smart what He'll do for the larger regions is split em...

Like the Region projected above split it:

Region 1:

Colquitt

Tift

Valdosta 

Lowndes

Lee 

And then a new region with:

Coffee

Camden 

Glynn Academy 

Brunswick

Richmond Hills 

It's all a big mess right now because his intentions are pure but there's without a doubt gonna be  some resistance especially from the big wigs in Atlanta. And I can tell you right now schools like Rome are gonna be against it... 

2 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Sooo for shits n Giggles ...who’s paying for all these kids to attend that school...

I highly doubt the village of Moultrie is  gonna want to  have higher taxes just cause some kids from bainbrridge or tifton feeling like going to school in colquit for an education 

Dude you can bike from Tifton and Bainbridge to Moultrie... 

Nobodies talking about down the street transfers.... 

These are transfers that happen regularly... 

But Idk who in their right mind would wanna leave Tift to go be a packer.... 

That's disgusting.... 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Nobodies trying to  transfer from North Tallahassee to Colquitt.... 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I was thinking on this myself. Maybe they intend on liquidating local school boards and pooling all the taxes up in Atlanta. We see how that works out for south Georgia on infrastructure projects and all already. 

I seriously doubt something as cockamamie as that bill passes anyway.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:12 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The Bill unfortunately is something up to the state. 

Yea it was submitted to the state during the GHSA debical where they owed Cartersville money and everybody wanted the GHSA disbanded... 

Which is why that's out of his hands... 

However if Hines is smart what He'll do for the larger regions is split em...

Like the Region projected above split it:

Region 1:

Colquitt

Tift

Valdosta 

Lowndes

Lee 

And then a new region with:

Coffee

Camden 

Glynn Academy 

Brunswick

Richmond Hills 

It's all a big mess right now because his intentions are pure but there's without a doubt gonna be  some resistance especially from the big wigs in Atlanta. And I can tell you right now schools like Rome are gonna be against it... 

Still, wouldn't it be in his best interest to know about and have plans that would possibly accept the potential new rule? 

I mean, if I'm thinking of reclassifications, but, there is a potential state bill that could throw my plan into chaos, I go ahead and start contingency planning and politicking to sell my reclass ideas for both possibilities. 

Right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Still, wouldn't it be in his best interest to know about and have plans that would possibly accept the potential new rule? 

I mean, if I'm thinking of reclassifications, but, there is a potential state bill that could throw my plan into chaos, I go ahead and start contingency planning and politicking to sell my reclass ideas for both possibilities. 

Right?

Yeah that makes sense. 

But he's still got time to figure it out... 

But not alot.... 

Especially if this is the last year of 7A format...

And like I said there's gonna be some resistance. Especially from larger 5A schools that are straddling the 6A line Like Rome is. 

If Rome gets put in 6A under the new format this would put them in the region with Marietta, Mceachern and Hillgrove. 

And you can bet bottom dollar all this success gets short stocked...

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yeah that makes sense. 

But not alot.... 

And like I said there's gonna be some resistance. Especially from larger 5A schools that are straddling the 6A line Like Rome is. 

If Rome gets put in 6A under the new format this would put them in the region with Marietta, Mceachern and Hillgrove. 

Isn't Hines from Rome or resides there...

Regards,

BGW

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yeah that makes sense. 

But not alot.... 

Exactly what I'm talking about.

These news stories are actually him politicking for going back to 6A. However, he isn't giving any details, nor acknowledging that there could be a bill that could force the idea into being just as stupid as the going to 7A was. 

I'd say start politicking for the potential drop back to 6 classes while also giving a nod to the potential changes coming from a bill in the house so that you are out in front of it if that becomes part of the argument against by certain member schools.