Dr.Robert Hines Ambition.

TheMaximumHornetSting

Awhile back I posted a thread talking about reclassification. 

And it looks like it's no longer a rumor.

Dr. Robert Hines is the newest GHSA executive and he has some serious plans and I'm liking it! 

His First goal is to go back to the 6A format. 

This will be the last year of the 7A format in Georgia.... In an article he states that the 7A format has created alot of problems for larger schools when it comes to scheduling and travel distance for the smaller schools.  

He is also working on getting the Baseball Championships moved to a pro arena.  He's working with the Braves to get something done. 

57 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

New HS is has 1500 seats... 

BGW

Hearing something interesting on a Bill to. 

@JCGIII might've been right... 

@GardenStateBaller

There's a bill that they're deciding on this week. 

HB11. 

The simplified version of it:

you can attend any other school outside or inside your district so long as you have reliable transportation and an address in or near the school you wish to attend if it's public or Private.

But here's the kicker you don't actually have to live near any of the schools to do this... 

Example: 

Let's say I have a son he attends Savannah HS. 

But he wants to go to Colquitt County For any reason what so ever. Now here's the obvious problem Colquitts almost 4 hours away... 

And I don't live in Colquitt. 

But @HawgGoneIt says hey that's all fine and well you can use my address for your school information. Bam! My kid is now a Colquitt County student. Because of the bills effect. 

So long as My kid uses Hawgs address and we have some sort of agreement he is in the clear. 

He doesn't have to live with Hawg or anything we just have to have a form of written agreement or proof that I receive mail at his address and he approves of it.  And As long as I made that drive to drop off and pick up the kid every day nothing can or will be done or said. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Hearing something interesting on a Bill to. 

@JCGIII might've been right... 

@GardenStateBaller

There's a bill that they're deciding on this week. 

HB11. 

The simplified version of it:

you can attend any other school outside or inside your district so long as you have reliable transportation and an address in or near the school you wish to attend if it's public or Private.

But here's the kicker you don't actually have to live near any of the schools to do this... 

Example: 

Let's say I have a son he attends Savannah HS. 

But he wants to go to Colquitt County For any reason what so ever. Now here's the obvious problem Colquitts almost 4 hours away... 

And I don't live in Colquitt. 

But @HawgGoneIt says hey that's all fine and well you can use my address for your school information. Bam! My kid is now a Colquitt County student. Because of the bills effect. 

So long as My kid uses Hawgs address and we have some sort of agreement he is in the clear. 

He doesn't have to live with Hawg or anything we just have to have a form of written agreement or proof that I receive mail at his address and he approves of it.  And As long as I made that drive to drop off and pick up the kid every day nothing can or will be done or said. 

I haven't seen the bill, but, I'm guessing that it's similar to what they were talking about in Florida last year. Maybe it passed there. Can't remember. 

If you can get there on your own, it doesn't matter where you live. Not sure if that will make it here or not. I don't really expect that it would, but, who knows? Maybe it will.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I haven't seen the bill, but, I'm guessing that it's similar to what they were talking about in Florida last year. Maybe it passed there. Can't remember. 

If you can get there on your own, it doesn't matter where you live. Not sure if that will make it here or not. I don't really expect that it would, but, who knows? Maybe it will.

It would most certainly be interesting. 

34 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Schools like Northside WR would become monsterous again... 

I think it would be like Atlanta. Wherever some kid with flat thumbs tweets he's going this year, a few others follow and then boom... 7 senior transfers and a juggling act. Maybe it's Northside next year and Houston the following depending on coach and whatever it is that makes kids switch. 

Coach pisses off flat thumb Johnny so he tweets he'll be playing his senior year at Warner Robins. Then because flat thumb Johnny left, flat thumb Jake and Tommy "fast thumbs" Thompson announce similar things. 

Northside becomes a dumpster fire over night and Warner Robins benefits. After a few Houston Bears see the flat thumbs and fast thumbs posts on twitter, they bail over to there too. Now Houston and Northside are dumpster fires and Georgia becomes the next Jersey. 

xD

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I do like the idea of dropping back to 6 classes. 

Could really give a shit less about moving championships to pro venues if they're just gonna flim flam the thing's dates and locations depending on soccer, softball, meteor showers, falling pine needles, a locust making a funny sound and the like.

I think what needs to happen is they need to have a backup plan just in case everything doesn't go the way it should...

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it would be like Atlanta. Wherever some kid with flat thumbs tweets he's going this year, a few others follow and then boom... 7 senior transfers and a juggling act. Maybe it's Northside next year and Houston the following depending on coach and whatever it is that makes kids switch. 

Coach pisses off flat thumb Johnny so he tweets he'll be playing his senior year at Warner Robins. Then because flat thumb Johnny left, flat thumb Jake and Tommy "fast thumbs" Thompson announce similar things. 

Northside becomes a dumpster fire over night and Warner Robins benefits. After a few Houston Bears see the flat thumbs and fast thumbs posts on twitter, they bail over to there too. Now Houston and Northside are dumpster fires and Georgia becomes the next Jersey. 

xD

Screw worrying about transfers, better get a good orthopedic surgeon to help all those kids with the fucked up thumbs first 😂.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

Or Cali, hell; they have Catholic Pell grants over there...

So a friend I barely like says....

BGW

• Haha 2