Track and Field

954gator

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

Thanks DD and the others for all the great video and run sheet results. Great job fella's.....hours of entertainment :) 

Now focused on the World Relays and if we get that Stick around it will be interesting if we can beat Great Britain in the 4x100.  The girls will rule.   China along with Brazil.  I don't see Jamaica being a factor though they could finish 3rd or 4th.  No Bolt they go back to what they were the previous 12 years before him.  Everyone better be Glad Japan got DQ'd.  They were gonna be a handful at home with that crowd.  I hate it as they are my 2nd favorites behind the U.S. Their stick game is awesome. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Now focused on the World Relays and if we get that Stick around it will be interesting if we can beat Great Britain in the 4x100.  The girls will rule.   China along with Brazil.  I don't see Jamaica being a factor though they could finish 3rd or 4th.  No Bolt they go back to what they were the previous 12 years before him.  Everyone better be Glad Japan got DQ'd.  They were gonna be a handful at home with that crowd.  I hate it as they are my 2nd favorites behind the U.S. Their stick game is awesome. 

Watched that and the SEC outdoor championships until 10pm last night. Lot of relay finals later today on TV. Japan didn't show much yesterday.

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Lyles is running today.  If they keep it decently close he will walk down anyone.  

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

In another video it looked like Desoto was dq'd on the second exchange.  Ran out of zone.

Desoto boys really been struggling with stick exchange the past few years in big events it seems to me.  They had chance to win 4x200 and had bad exchange on the last leg and damn near everyone went past them.

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

In another video it looked like Desoto was dq'd on the second exchange.  Ran out of zone.

There was no way Strait Jesuit was gonna win the 4x100 in Texas 6A.  Even with Boling.   Desoto was straight moving.  Boling was flying as well and closing.  But unless they bust a sub 40.00 they were not gonna win it.  Damn those kids were moving.  💥

Just now, DevilDog said:

There was no way Strait Jesuit was gonna win the 4x100 in Texas 6A.  Even with Boling.   Desoto was straight moving.  Boling was flying as well and closing.  But unless they bust a sub 40.00 they were not gonna win it.

He had to be within 5 meters.  He got the Baton a good 8 meter or more behind.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

He had to be within 5 meters.  He got the Baton a good 8 meter or more behind.

Their fastest time this year was a 40.72.  Now that's helluva fast but it's not going to win 5A or 6A in Texas.  @Texasball and I were more impressed with 4A.  Knowing the size of those Schools with 4 under 41.5 and Football State Champ Waco La Vega running a 41.10 which would have them 3rd in Florida and #2 in Cali with all 4 of our 4A teams being Top 5 in both of those States.  There was no wind in Austin verifying how legit fast Texas is above everyone else.  I hope we take our top 4 kids to these post HS meets and just smoke people.  The top 4 kids in Texas could possible run a sub 39.  

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Their fastest time this year was a 40.72.  Now that's helluva fast but it's not going to win 5A or 6A in Texas.  @Texasball and I were more impressed with 4A.  Knowing the size of those Schools with 4 under 41.5 and Football State Champ Waco La Vega running a 41.10 which would have them 3rd in Florida and #2 in Cali with all 4 of our 4A teams being Top 5 in both of those States.  There was no wind in Austin verifying how legit fast Texas is above everyone else.  I hope we take our top 4 kids to these post HS meets and just smoke people.  The top 4 kids in Texas could possible run a sub 39.  

And then you go off the deep end.

As I predicted Jamaica will no longer be a force.   Funny the top 4 I mentioned are the 4 that finished.  And if Japan was in it Jamaica and China would have been down further.    I rest my case.  😂

POS BIB TEAM COUNTRY MARK POINTS REACTION TIME
1 BRA Brazil BRABRA 38.05 WL 8 0.140
2 USA United States USAUSA 38.07 SB 7 0.155
3 GBR Great Britain & N.I. GBRGBR 38.15 6 0.137
4 CHN PR of China CHNCHN 38.16 SB 5 0.137
5 FRA France FRAFRA 38.31 SB 4 0.151
6 JAM Jamaica JAMJAM 38.88 3 0.136
7 TUR Turkey TURTUR 39.13 2 0.153
  ITA Italy ITAITA DNF   0.185
My statement in the post above about the world relays saying if we can beat G.B. along with China and Brazil.   Jamaica smoked.
"Now focused on the World Relays and if we get that Stick around it will be interesting if we can beat Great Britain in the 4x100.  The girls will rule.   China along with Brazil

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

And then you go off the deep end.

Where 4 kids ran a 39.20 that are not as fast as the top 4 we have now.  You have proven you don't know much about Track in Texas and especially the relays most other places.   What happened to Jamaica?  I could take the top 4 kids from TX 4A and run a sub 40.  Get Real.  

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Where 4 kids ran a 39.20 that are not as fast as the top 4 we have now.  You have proven you don't know much about Track in Texas and especially the relays most other places.   What happened to Jamaica?

What happened to Japan?  

Where 4 kids ran a 39.20 that are not as fast as the top 4 we have now.  You have proven you don't know much about Track in Texas and especially the relays most other places.   What happened to Jamaica?

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

As I predicted Jamaica will no longer be a force.   Funny the top 4 I mentioned are the 4 that finished.  And if Japan was in it Jamaica and China would have been down further.    I rest my case.  😂

POS BIB TEAM COUNTRY MARK POINTS REACTION TIME
1 BRA Brazil BRABRA 38.05 WL 8 0.140
2 USA United States USAUSA 38.07 SB 7 0.155
3 GBR Great Britain & N.I. GBRGBR 38.15 6 0.137
4 CHN PR of China CHNCHN 38.16 SB 5 0.137
5 FRA France FRAFRA 38.31 SB 4 0.151
6 JAM Jamaica JAMJAM 38.88 3 0.136
7 TUR Turkey TURTUR 39.13 2 0.153
  ITA Italy ITAITA DNF   0.185
My statement in the post above about the world relays saying if we can beat G.B. along with China and Brazil.   Jamaica smoked.
"Now focused on the World Relays and if we get that Stick around it will be interesting if we can beat Great Britain in the 4x100.  The girls will rule.   China along with Brazil

90 percent of the guys running for USA and Jamaica will not  be running at the World Championships.  All of these other countries had their A teams excluding Japan.

11 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

What happened to Japan?  

They lost a stick and still had a faster time than Jamaica in the Prelims.  You know what happened and You know they would have smoked Jamaica.  Jamaica is done being dominate.   Bolt was the difference in those relays in 2016 Jamaica was with them and had a step on Bolt on the anchor and then well he is the GOAT.   

PAY ATTENTION TO ALL 3 LEGS BEFORE HIM AND WHEN HE GOT IT. 

Japan was eating them up 

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

90 percent of the guys running for USA and Jamaica will not  be running at the World Championships.  All of these other countries had their A teams excluding Japan.

I will bet you whatever you Want Jamaica will not be top 3.  You do know Texas have had 8 teams run sub 40 with just regular HS kids.  Now tell me how it's off the deep end If I take the top 4 with Boling anchor that they would not threaten a sub 39.00.  Where did I go off the deep end.?  

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

They lost a stick and still had a faster time than Jamaica in the Prelims.  You know what happened and You know they would have smoked Jamaica.  Jamaica is done being dominate.   Bolt was the difference in those relays in 2016 Jamaica was with them and had a step on Bolt on the anchor and then well he is the GOAT.   

PAY ATTENTION TO ALL 3 LEGS BEFORE HIM AND WHEN HE GOT IT. 

Japan was eating them up 

No they didn't have a faster time than Jamaica because their all everything Stick game wasn't there.

I will bet you whatever you Want Jamaica will not be top 3.  You do know Texas have had 8 teams run sub 40 with just regular HS kids.  Now tell me how it's off the deep end If I take the top 4 with Boling anchor that they would not threaten a sub 39.00.  Where did I go off the deep end.?  

Last year, If Florida picked their top 4 kids with Schwartz anchoring is it safe to say they go below 39 as well?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

No they didn't have a faster time than Jamaica because their all everything Stick game wasn't there.

He is no longer there to save them.  They will be getting smoked .  Just like I said they would.    Even when they bring their A Team in future races they are gonna get smoked. 

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Last year, If Florida picked their top 4 kids with Schwartz anchoring is it safe to say they go below 39 as well?

And I don't doubt that.  I know Track.  You said I was off .  I asked you where. Now You prove it by saying FL. could.  Of course they could and likely each year along with Texas.  Since those 2 States keep producing incredible fast kids year after year.   But Texas couldn't right