The state of HS football in America

HSFBfan

Just now, BanThisMan said:

Programs lose because of the adults. Not the kids.

I always enjoy clueless people like yourself who project their deep resentments on to other people.

So now you're qualified to judge the inner feelings of high school kids? 

Interesting.

Im not judging as again I dont care what they do. But you just threw any resentment onto the adults. So now a program failures are on the adults?

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It would be better if they learned how to deal with the program they are at and help make it a more successful program and the wins then are more fulfilling.

This is abject silliness.

So if the adults around the program are bad or they leave for better jobs, the kid should stick around and risk his future because HSFBfan thinks that's better?

I would be ashamed to have thought about something so stupid, let alone actually say it out loud.

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Unfortunately in reality it's not like that. Its get to the best program you can get too in order to chase the almighty scholarship and of course win games without the year in year out struggle to win. 

So it's unfortunate that kids are doing the best they can to secure a free education and success on the field?

You're right.

That sounds just terrible.

1 minute ago, BanThisMan said:

This is abject silliness.

So if the adults around the program are bad or they leave for better jobs, the kid should stick around and risk his future because HSFBfan thinks that's better?

I would be ashamed to have thought about something so stupid, let alone actually say it out loud.

Why would anyone take what any of us think into consideration about what they are going to do in their lives.....were a bunch of nobodies talking on a random board that 99.9% of the population truly doesnt care about

So it's unfortunate that kids are doing the best they can to secure a free education and success on the field?

You're right.

That sounds just terrible.

In today's world you can get a scholarship from anywhere. You dont need to go off to a private school or a nationally recognized school that we talk about on this board. But again that's the athletes decision as you know scholarships are handed out all over the place at many different programs 

So the cliche trifecta.

Opinion followed up with old crank reminiscing about better days and finished up with telling us how it's bad.

Old crank lol....nowhere near it....but hs sports were better before the business aspect took it completely over. But those days are gone and now today it's a business. It's fine. It's the new way of approaching hs sports. 

We play de football on the Bayou....

"Pielke saw, participation was up in a handful of football hotbeds, including Alabama, Florida and Louisiana. But it had dropped in 40 states, sometimes by surprisingly large margins: 9.5% in California, 11.6% in New Jersey, 21.6% in Michigan, 23% in Ohio and 55% in Vermont."

It keeps getting better. You can't make this stuff up.

You don't care about it but you insist on spending a lot of time whining about it and waxing nostalgic about the better days and why this situation sucks.

Good one.

I havent spoken on sjb nor any other program on how they do things outside of NJ schools that I follow. Why would I speak on a program like sjb when I have never even seen one of their games ever. That would be like talking about texas when I've never seen a texas team play

17 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But you just threw any resentment onto the adults. So now a program failures are on the adults?

Yes, totally and unequivocally.

Programs fall into cultures of losing because the administrations hire and fire the wrong people. The coaches themselves bail on the programs frequently. The coaches that do stick around aren't given any support.

That's why kids leave and seek out better and more stable programs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Why would anyone take what any of us think into consideration about what they are going to do in their lives.....were a bunch of nobodies talking on a random board that 99.9% of the population truly doesnt care about

But you think you know better. You're here trying to tell people what's better for them and their kids.

Yes, totally and unequivocally.

Programs fall into cultures of losing because the administrations hire and fire the wrong people. The coaches themselves bail on the programs frequently. The coaches that do stick around aren't given any support.

That's why kids leave and seek out better and more stable programs.

So how about this....this answer is gonna be ridiculous but how about we shut down all programs that are unstable until they get their act together. Would that help??