7v7 Camps

MTP28

Curious if Colquitt will be attending any good 7v7 camps this summer in preparation of next Fall

t

Me thinks Lowndes would benifit greatly from a couple of them for Brown the Sophomore. Help our DB’s as well. Wondering if the North Morven Group would float a small short term note to help fund the Vikings? My guess is if Rufus places his

John Handcock at the bottom it would be passed on as approved. What ya say Rufus it will be between just us👌

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Curious if Colquitt will be attending any good 7v7 camps this summer in preparation of next Fall

t

Me thinks Lowndes would benifit greatly from a couple of them for Brown the Sophomore. Help our DB’s as well. Wondering if the North Morven Group would float a small short term note to help fund the Vikings? My guess is if Rufus places his

John Handcock at the bottom it would be passed on as approved. What ya say Rufus it will be between just us👌

Well...since we currently don't have a permanent HC...an OC...an O-Line position coach and a Co-DC...I don't think Colquitt will be attending any substantial 7 on 7 tournaments this summer.  If Lowndes and Valdosta were to put one on together...we might could fund that trip.   Coach Hobbs would have us rip-rearing and rebel-yelling.  We could invite Madison County and Pelham and maybe Brooks County.  

As far as North Morven doing ANYTHING to help the Vikings...amigo...I do not see that happening...(Smile).

Rufus>>

50 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Well Dang, I thought it was worth a try! 

Who is Hobbs?

Troy Hobbs has been the acting head coach ever since Rush's suspension. He was the assistant head coach for the past 2 years. 

I do agree with Rufus. I can't really see us setting up for any 7v7s like Rush always did, which is one of the reasons so many of us have a negative outlook on this mess. 

We actually have a spring game that's only 3-4 weeks out over in Alabama and as far as any of us know, as of now, we're going with what we got in coaches. I guess a make shift staff for now, with guys possibly wearing two or three hats apiece. A real Mickey and Minnie show.

All the more reason to complete the hiring process as soon as possible. Wonder if Hobbs has a leash on him with regard to budget decisions. Could be a case of holding resources closer until after he hire. Pretty sure these kids have enjoyed ample opportunity to develop with solid funding. 

36 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

All the more reason to complete the hiring process as soon as possible. Wonder if Hobbs has a leash on him with regard to budget decisions. Could be a case of holding resources closer until after he hire. Pretty sure these kids have enjoyed ample opportunity to develop with solid funding. 

Did you read Rush's press release? 

He is still on payroll, only officially removed from his coaching duties on a bullcrap recommendation provided from a bullcrap investigation. 

He said as much in his release. Basically we still appear to have Rush as a head coach with an acting head coach while he is suspended pending the PSC findings. 

I could be way off, but,  that's what I get from the release and what I can piece together so far with what's been going on. 

At the same time, some assistants have been shown the door, and other various things pertaining to the program have been being changed so, there is a lot of confusion among the monetary supporters and other fans. 

11 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

To bad that it hinders the players development. Kids make big strides during this time of the year. Does the booster president have any influence with these decisions? I’m sure the AD and I guess principle would need to sign off on anything.

If my understandings are anywhere near correct, the administration is apparently trying to reduce the influence of the t.d. club. 

I just hear stuff though, so, I don't know how true that is. 

As far as kids making strides, they're steady grinding and doing mostly what they normally would do this time of year. 

The 7v7 season is honestly still a while off so who really can say whether we'll be attending any or not. We are apparently in some limbo state until the PSC produces their findings. At least as best as I can understand it anyway. 

Nobody with real dead on info is really talking. 

Well, aside from Gardenstateballer saying that the AD has promised to include Prepgridiron in the media plan when announcing the coach. That GSB guy admits to being a sizzle salesman though. Steak may or may not be present. The sizzle sound is always there though. Hahaha

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Troy Hobbs has been the acting head coach ever since Rush's suspension. He was the assistant head coach for the past 2 years. 

I do agree with Rufus. I can't really see us setting up for any 7v7s like Rush always did, which is one of the reasons so many of us have a negative outlook on this mess. 

We actually have a spring game that's only 3-4 weeks out over in Alabama and as far as any of us know, as of now, we're going with what we got in coaches. I guess a make shift staff for now, with guys possibly wearing two or three hats apiece. A real Mickey and Minnie show.

In these spring games, are they treated like a real game?  Hitting?  If yes, how much time do you get to prepare for the game?  What if kids are in different sports?

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

In these spring games, are they treated like a real game?  Hitting?  If yes, how much time do you get to prepare for the game?  What if kids are in different sports?

Full contact. The coaches agree to certain things like no score, keep score for a half, jv in at a certain time etc. I think though. 

As far as kids in other sports, we go with them we got I guess.

• Thanks 1