St. Stephens Episcopal Florida State Champs! LOL

TIGERPAW

15 minutes ago, TIGERPAW said:

It was interesting, but I couldn't find it comical.  The only comedy I found in there was where they called IMG the number one school in Florida. Everyone knows that until they beat STA they can't be number one. :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was interesting, but I couldn't find it comical.  The only comedy I found in there was where they called IMG the number one school in Florida. Everyone knows that until they beat STA they can't be number one. :P

227 St. Stephen's Episcopal (Bradenton, FL)   team preview   trend Florida Sunshine State - Coral Bay   11-1 4-0 (1st) 9-0 20.3 -2.7 63-57
WINS: #4331 Calvary Christian (Clearwater, FL) (27-24), #5695 Seffner Christian (Seffner, FL) (42-33), #6292 Seven Rivers Christian (Lecanto, FL) (40-20), #6554 St. Edward's (Vero Beach, FL) (21-14), #7335 Zephyrhills Christian Academy (Zephyrhills, FL) (34-14), #9181 Bishop McLaughlin Catholic (Spring Hill, FL) (49-21), #10450 Bradenton Christian (Bradenton, FL) (49-20), #10629 Shorecrest Prep (St. Petersburg, FL) (56-28), #12153 Out-of-Door Academy (Sarasota, FL) (41-18), #12307 Santa Fe Catholic (Lakeland, FL) (41-6), #14238 Keswick Christian (St. Petersburg, FL) (48-0), LOSSES: #3637 Community (Naples, FL) (35-21)

The writer in Ontario clearly didn't realize how weak the football is in that conference.   They were rated #227 in FL by CP with an opponent sos of -2.7

They are not #3 in Manatee County.  Braden River would pummel this school and Palmetto is better as well.  #5 at best and perhaps others are better as I'm not a guru on that county's school listings.  

Josh Palmer started seeing more touches after Grimes got injured vs. Bishop Gorman and opted to take a late SEC offer and sign a LOI with Tennessee vs. playing much closer to family and friends at Syracuse, where he had verbaled initially.   

• Like 2

They are in a conference that was formed for small private schools who suck so bad that they can not compete in the 2A classification, so they formed their own conference. All the teams in it were once members of a district and class, but got out becuase they were not competitive 

This article looks like it was written by the school newspaper. 

The article was written to advocate for the 2 athletes. Saint Stephens one loss was the first game of the season to Community.

Not all small schools are trying to win National Titles, they want to teach players the game and win the ones they can. Those athletes that move on to the next level succeeded in achieving their personal goals no matter what school they went to.

justsayin...

• Like 1