OT: The Trump effect, great for business

noonereal

Home oil prices are up 18.8% over last year. 

When Trump was elected, home oil prices were flat vs last year. -2.01. 

Congratulations Red American, indeed business, not me nor you, is benefiting from Trump. 

The idea that if something is good for business it is also good for the masses is as convoluted as most everything else we have ever been taught. 

--------------------------------------

Not sure about others but my 3 biggest expenses are energy, taxes and healthcare. 

This is how I will judge Trump.

I suggest everyone determine what most affects them and monitor.  Otherwise, you may well be a dolt voting against your own best interests. 

peace brothers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Congratulations Red American, indeed business, not me nor you, is benefiting from Trump. 

The idea that if something is good for business it is also good for the masses is as convoluted as most everything else we have ever been taught. 

Not sure about others but my 3 biggest expenses are energy, taxes and healthcare. 

I suggest everyone determine what most affects them and monitor.  Otherwise, you may well be a dolt voting against your own best interests. 

peace brothers

So now Trump controls the home oil market? Tell us more. You should have converted from oil heat a long, long time ago. Always was very expensive and inefficient way to heat but I guess as a liberal you have to blame someone.

38 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

So now Trump controls the home oil market? Tell us more. You should have converted from oil heat a long, long time ago. Always was very expensive and inefficient way to heat but I guess as a liberal you have to blame someone.

propane is much more expensive, solar is not an option, as you explained

natural gas delivery in the country side?

---------------------------

You missed my point. 

Business being bullish is not necessarily a good thing for all. 

Also, interest rates are rising. How is this good 

Trump has been given for making business feel bullish, the stock market rise since his election. This is the downside of that rise so if you give him credit you need also hold him accountable for the flip side.

Same with rising interest rates. It's a result of business optimism. The flip side is, people will; be paying more for mortgages and all other credit.

--------------------------------

So, each of us must look at what his policies mean to them. Saying he is helping business may not be of value to you.

If we had a full transcript of everything the the president has said since the election, and we redacted every non-truth, the majority of the transcript would be blacked out. 

That is something to fret over, even while laughing all the way to the bank with your dividends and/or new found profits. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You missed my point. 

Trump has been given for making business feel bullish, the stock market rise since his election. This is the downside of that rise so if you give him credit you need also hold him accountable for the flip side.

Same with rising interest rates. It's a result of business optimism. The flip side is, people will; be paying more for mortgages and all other credit.

So, each of us must look at what his policies mean to them. Saying he is helping business may not be of value to you.

As far as I know, rising interest rates are an indicator of a healthy economy - they were held stagnant artificially. As are rising mortgage rates (which has not happened significantly yet).  I predict that will be next if the market climbs.

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You missed my point. 

Like a typical liberal all you do is blame and whine. Tell me how long have interest rates been artificially held down? So according to you Barry held the interest rates low? How about all the phony money in the market under barry. QE after QE. Is that Barry or the the fed? Deal with it.

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

As far as I know, rising interest rates are an indicator of a healthy economy - they were held stagnant artificially. As are rising mortgage rates (which has not happened significantly yet).  I predict that will be next if the market climbs.

I agree. That is what we are told. 

Now tell me how higher interest rates benefit you, personally. 

-------------------------

I recall how few were able to buy homes when I can came of age. 18% interest rates for homes. 

early 80's. 

2 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Like a typical liberal all you do is blame and whine. Tell me how long have interest rates been artificially held down? So according to you Barry held the interest rates low? How about all the phony money in the market under barry. QE after QE. Is that Barry or the the fed? Deal with it.

You never have a discussion. Did you know that?

You tell people what they are and what they think.

Why not try telling us what you think about issues not about posters.

thanks. 

Barry had no say over interest rates, nor does trump. 

Now have a conversation.

42 minutes ago, rockinl said:

So whats the current tally on Trumps campain promises that were going to be done "believe you me", in the 1st 100 days?

I am willing to cut him slack on this.

He has no clue how DC works and he has surrounded himself with the worst people since Bush jr or Clinton. 

I just want him to stop lying and taking no responsibility for things. 

This should not be to much to ask of the leader of the free world. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If we had a full transcript of everything the the president has said since the election, and we redacted every non-truth, the majority of the transcript would be blacked out. 

That is something to fret over, even while laughing all the way to the bank with your dividends and/or new found profits. 

I was think this just yesterday.

He has don'e so much lying that without writing everything down everyday, you could not possible recall but a fraction.

People, this is some bad shi%. 

The worst are people who turn a blind eye towards it that voted for him. 

How do we respect people like this? 

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

peace brothers

If you DEMS would get the fuck outta his way and help pass his legislation. You just MAY have NOTHING to bitch about! 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I was think this just yesterday.

He has don'e so much lying that without writing everything down everyday, you could not possible recall but a fraction.

People, this is some bad shi%. 

The worst are people who turn a blind eye towards it that voted for him. 

How do we respect people like this? 

Versus the Club Fed nominees HILLS and Comey?

14 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

If you DEMS would get the fuck outta his way and help pass his legislation. You just MAY have NOTHING to bitch about! 

he has a majority in both the House and Senate.

iF SOMETHING ISN'T PASSING, IT'S ON him. 

Sorry to give you the bad news brother, I thought you were smarter than that. (no I didn't!:P)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, noonereal said:

he has a majority in both the House and Senate.

iF SOMETHING ISN'T PASSING, IT'S ON him. 

Sorry to give you the bad news brother, I thought you were smarter than that. (no I didn't!:P)

You seriously believe he has the house and the senate? Why just because he ran on the Republican ticket? I really believe President Obama would have a better chance getting anything passed the way it stands right now. Nor do you know what the most dangerous snake in a pond is? The water snake because you think it wont bite you. President Trump is surrounded by water snakes. Most of the Republicans in the Senate and house hate him just as much as the Dems do. He has made enemies and both sides lots of them.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

You seriously believe he has the house and the senate? Why just because he ran on the Republican ticket? I really believe President Obama would have a better chance getting anything passed the way it stands right now. Nor do you know what the most dangerous snake in a pond is? The water snake because you think it wont bite you. President Trump is surrounded by water snakes. Most of the Republicans in the Senate and house hate him just as much as the Dems do. He has made enemies and both sides lots of them.

you get it

great post

51 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

So why did we re-elect the vast majority of them?

It's the most ridiculous stuff I've ever seen. I posted about how disheartening this was before. People claimed to want change but were too ignorant to know where they needed to place that angst. They keep sending the same idiots back into office time after time. 

Ever notice how, for instance, people that can't affect any change on whether Nancy Pelosi get's re-elected hate her guts? Those same people go and punch their ballot for their same congressmen and senators every cycle. It never fails. Ignorance. 

• Like 1