Katy 2017 Football Schedule

TheRealCAJ

19 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are playing the stud Westlake team who chopped down Katy last year during the B.L. era. 

(Before Liberty) 

Yea it's a little more than that, it's the BE era, before ehlinger era.  That's actually a solid schedule.  KC, WL and woods will all be solid to good teams.

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yea it's a little more than that, it's the BE era, before ehlinger era.  That's actually a solid schedule.  KC, WL and woods will all be solid to good teams.

It is a normal Katy schedule. This yr those team just happen to be a lot better. Except for WL

28 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

It is a normal Katy schedule. This yr those team just happen to be a lot better. Except for WL

Yeah right. Westlake is the best of the bunch! They return everyone except E. and his replacement is a stud! 

Dont let losing to the top ranked team in Texas twice last year fool you. Westlake is the gospel!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah right. Westlake is the best of the bunch! They return everyone except E. and his replacement is a stud! 

Dont let losing to the top ranked team in Texas twice last year fool you. Westlake is the gospel!!!! 

Yea, I'm sandbagging WL, they should be pretty good this year.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Yea, I'm not betting against LT in that game, what is it 10 straight?  Although nothing lasts forever even records.  Just saying....

Yes, 10 straight. I don't care if WL is undefeated going into the game, beating everyone by 50+ and being compared to the 1989 SF 49ers, I'm still picking LT (I would never pick against them, so...). 

Just now, Horsefly said:

WL returns a good 12-13 starters, what does LT return or have in the cupboard?

A lot of young and upcoming talent from lower squads. 

Varsity returns a few key guys. Namely, Garrett Wilson, a star QB (I think) in Baldwin, 5-6 players on defense, who were starters or big contributors. Offensive line and offensive weapons will be biggest question mark. Strength of the team will be QB, secondary and linebackers, and of course phenom Garrett Wilson. 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Yes, 10 straight. I don't care if WL is undefeated going into the game, beating everyone by 50+ and being compared to the 1989 SF 49ers, I'm still picking LT (I would never pick against them, so...). 

Yea, but are you solid on LT over WL bc sound football judgement and logical or homerism?

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

A lot of young and upcoming talent from lower squads. 

Varsity returns a few key guys. Namely, Garrett Wilson, a star QB (I think) in Baldwin, 5-6 players on defense, who were starters or big contributors. Offensive line and offensive weapons will be biggest question mark. Strength of the team will be QB, secondary and linebackers, and of course phenom Garrett Wilson. 

Where would you have you all ranked preseason in Texas 6A?

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yea, but are you solid on LT over WL bc sound football judgement and logical or homerism?

This should be an obvious answer, but it's because history has continued to repeat itself. And it doesn't matter on circumstances (WL playing well, LT not, or WL healthy, LT banged up). 

And more often than not, LT fields a much better team. Sometimes just slightly better, sometimes superior. So in most cases, it is in fact logical to pick LT. For the reasons stated above, and the usual mismatches LT presents to WL. 

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I would say top 10 range at best until the Judson and Steele game. To be more concise, I would say #9 or 10. 

Yea, so far in preseason I have Desoto, allen, Lamar, Katy, sachse, and Judson ranked ahead of them. Steele could be if they still had their HC.  Steele is talented this year but I can't rank them and cedar hill too high preseason with new HC.

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yea, so far in preseason I have Desoto, allen, Lamar, Katy, sachse, and Judson ranked ahead of them. Steele could be if they still had their HC.  Steele is talented this year but I can't rank them and cedar hill too high preseason with new HC.

Keep an eye on Duncanville, this could be their yr. Samples is doing a hell of a job over there

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Keep an eye on Duncanville, this could be their yr. Samples is doing a hell of a job over there

Yes he is.  Also have my eyes on OP, Longview, woodlands, Steele and cedar hill.  Lots of teams with potential.  Im interested in ET too.  A dangerous program that has athletes all over, people may be sleeping on them too much.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Yes he is.  Also have my eyes on OP, Longview, woodlands, Steele and cedar hill.  Lots of teams with potential.  Im interested in ET too.  A dangerous program that has athletes all over, people may be sleeping on them too much.

Key will be the participation numbers. I feel some fans have their heads in the sand. The numbers were down last yr. I hear we have a new OC, lets see how this pans out. We do have the horses. I just hope they all come out to play?

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

lol only because WL is playing Niceville!!!  I got a feeling that Niceville might get run out of the stadium.  NV didn't get there attention after the big Katy win and the QB down including the week long big game hangover.  Team from Florida will change all that.  I look for WL to take it to them in big way!

Here are some facts -  Katy played all 3 schools last year back to back to back

On the road vs WL - loss close game

at home vs KC - they won 2 OT game by 1

back on the road vs The Woodlands - they got beat by 23

IMHO based on The Woodlands knocking off Allen - I would say The Woodlands was the best of the three.

Now - we honestly don't know how good WL is going to be...If they get big time QB play they will be good.  

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

lol only because WL is playing Niceville!!!  I got a feeling that Niceville might get run out of the stadium.  NV didn't get there attention after the big Katy win and the QB down including the week long big game hangover.  Team from Florida will change all that.  I look for WL to take it to them in big way!

Here are some facts -  Katy played all 3 schools last year back to back to back

On the road vs WL - loss close game

at home vs KC - they won 2 OT game by 1

back on the road vs The Woodlands - they got beat by 23

IMHO based on The Woodlands knocking off Allen - I would say The Woodlands was the best of the three.

Now - we honestly don't know how good WL is going to be...If they get big time QB play they will be good.  

I feel the same way. Westlake is not some scrub panhandle team. They are a dominant state ranked program who returns studs who put up monster numbers. 

Niceville had a great senior class including the all time leading passer in school history. And they still lost in the 1st round. Now they are depleted with 4 returning starters. They will put some garbage points in against backups. 48-14 my guess