Georgia Top 10 - Spring Edition

Rufus69

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

TPE...my man.

Technique...Power...Explosion !!!!!

But...we still ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs....

(Smile)...

Rufus>>

Now you know what Mayretta has been through since forever. No 300lb kids this year. None last year. None the year before. 

These damn West Cobb snobs need to start feeding their boys meat and potatoes instead of sushi and salads. 

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How many 19 year old freshman from Alabama ya got on ur team this year??

inquiring minds wanna know 

0 that I know of. 

I did hear that after Meridian took that whooping about half their players tried getting on the Colquitt bus. Heard that Earl Jefferson had to use a broom to keep them from loading up.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Is that similar to those Bamer players that were housed at Camp Rush in the pup tents behind his Casa? We spanked that bottom that year too right King of 1800?

No...it's not.

Rush has never had any kids living in pup tents behind his house.  In 2009, we did have (2) Bama players transfer in.  They were twins.  We lost to Camden in the Semis.  And yep...the Vikings beat us badly.

But in 1980...a major part of the Viking team was 5th year Seniors.  You know it.  I know it.  And anybody around those days knows it.

Rufus>>

13 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

No...it's not.

Rush has never had any kids living in pup tents behind his house.  In 2009, we did have (2) Bama players transfer in.  They were twins.  We lost to Camden in the Semis.  And yep...the Vikings beat us badly.

But in 1980...a major part of the Viking team was 5th year Seniors.  You know it.  I know it.  And anybody around those days knows it.

Rufus>>

I remember those guys and the Valdosta players back in those days would shave down to a baby face in the morning, go to work on the construction sites around Lowndes County until 4 p.m., then switch their hard hats out with their helmets in the locker room and play football starting at 7:30 p.m. with a full beard, mustache and porkchop sideburns. 

I got one better than that. My father was in the military and I went to Valdosta Middle School in the 8th grade. Eventually went to Lowndes and move to Alaska  in 77’. Came back when I was around 20 yo and Billy Berrien and Alton Battle were in the same classes with me and still playing with the Cats when I was 20. Something about a lost BC that burned up in a fire....

Dave tell ya that one too?? Lol

Back in those days, we ran out onto the field as an 8th grade squad against Valdosta for the coin flip... Ran back to the sideline and told Birddog Saturday that the kids from Valdosta had grey in their beards along with pieces of their biscuit from breakfast. 

We lined up and played anyway. 

9 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

I got one better than that. My father was in the military and I went to Valdosta Middle School in the 8th grade. Eventually went to Lowndes and move to Alaska  in 77’. Came back when I was around 20 yo and Billy Berrien and Alton Battle were in the same classes with me and still playing with the Cats when I was 20. Something about a lost BC that burned up in a fire....

Dave tell ya that one too?? Lol

LOL...he did not...but Dave's son was one of the 5th year Seniors in 1980.  Valdosta used to do it all the time.  I think this was the first time for Lowndes.  Now...where did Lowndes'  HC come from...(Smile).

Rufus>>

17 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

And I know you remember Joe

I actually liked Joe Wilson.  I used to talk to him a lot when he came in Mackey.  He was a big fan of Lord Jim Hughes.  I thought Joe would get the Valdosta job once Bazemore retired.  Lowndes definitely got the right guy.

But I won't put any of this in writing....

Rufus>>

Yeah he felt overlooked. Guessing you played a hand or two. Hell of an athlete himself. Was there for the first win against the Cats. Buck was a senior and the loudspeaker was rocking Phil Collins “Feel it COMING”. Lowndes came out after warmups with Black and Silver Plowboy Jerseys on and the rest was history

6 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Yeah he felt overlooked. Guessing you played a hand or two. Hell of an athlete himself. Was there for the first win against the Cats. Buck was a senior and the loudspeaker was rocking Phil Collins “Feel it COMING”. Lowndes came out after warmups with Black and Silver Plowboy Jerseys on and the rest was history

That night changed Region 1 football forever.....

Rufus>>