Game of Thrones Ending Opinion

ChimpGrip

I'm still laughing at all the peeps losing their mind over it.

I was actually fine with where everyone ended up...it would have been nice if D&D had agreed to 8-10 episodes instead of 6, so that things could be fleshed out a little more and not so rushed. Other than that, no real issues. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I'm still laughing at all the peeps losing their mind over it.

I was actually fine with where everyone ended up...it would have been nice if D&D had agreed to 8-10 episodes instead of 6, so that things could be fleshed out a little more and not so rushed. Other than that, no real issues. 

Yes getting it done in six was a bit ridiculous and rushed. How were there so many Dothraki left? How does the Starbucks cup and water bottle make it past editing? How in the world did nearly all key characters survive episode three (which I believe the Whitewalkers won anyway)? And Bran becoming King? Eh. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yes getting it done in six was a bit ridiculous and rushed. How were there so many Dothraki left? How does the Starbucks cup and water bottle make it past editing? How in the world did nearly all key characters survive episode three (which I believe the Whitewalkers won anyway)? And Bran becoming King? Eh. 

I thought Bran was a weird choice at first too...but after sleeping on it it kinda made a little more sense. Obviously it was by default, as the pool of candidates wasn’t super strong...and I have to say the “did zero work on the group project and still got  the A” memes are pretty funny. 

Actually my favorite part was where Sam floated democracy and he took the total beatdown. xD

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No idea what you’re talking about. I only watch ESPN and FNC. 

ESPN ??? Man that is painful to watch. 

It looks like amateurs with a high budget creating cringeworthy segments and shows trying to cater to the “Twitter” crowd. 

Its unwatchable. If you must watch national sports coverage at least watch Fox Sports. 

Overall agree with and liked the ending but it was rushed and they should have developed the plot lines more (should have been a 10 episode season).

My only beef is Jon Snow should have Offered the throne!  WTF!  After all that he’s not even discussed and the reasoning why is retarded.  He could have declined it based on his sense of honor and his shame over betraying Dany (plus he never wanted it anyway).  Self-exiled himself to beyond be wall where titles, thrones, and legitimacy don’t matter and he was happiest, and just had snowball fights with Tormund and Ghost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

I thought Bran was a weird choice at first too...but after sleeping on it it kinda made a little more sense. Obviously it was by default, as the pool of candidates wasn’t super strong...and I have to say the “did zero work on the group project and still got  the A” memes are pretty funny. 

Actually my favorite part was where Sam floated democracy and he took the total beatdown. xD

Go to 3:35 I was dieing when they were making fun a Bran

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

It went south in epo 7 when Danny torched every one in the city. There could be no good ending after that. It was a cheap way out. 

I believe you’re right. I didn’t care what happened afterwards either. All of that build-up in the previous episode with Hafþór beheading Gray Worm’s girl only for a cheap shot victory in the next episode. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

It went south in epo 7 when Danny torched every one in the city. There could be no good ending after that. It was a cheap way out. 

I think it was a logical outcome with some hints in prior seasons but not well developed enough this season.  

My thing with her even when I was watching earlier seasons was that the people of Westeros weren’t slaves.  In Essos her appeal as a ruler made sense - she was a liberator.

But in Westeros she was daughter of a hated king, with no ties to the land, coming with dragons and foreign mercenaries, to “liberate” a people who never asked for it.  And all she promised was to be another queen - she wasn’t shaking up the system or anything.  

Eventually she was gonna have to resort to fear and violence to take the throne and cow people into submission.  She would never be loved.