Colquitt takes UGA 7/7

RedZone

16 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

If you make that pic larger...you'll see...Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.

We can get lucky though....(Smile).

Rufus>>

The sad thing is that you have to zoom in to even see the pack at all. 

Oh Woe Is Us. 

2 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Rufus,

You are a lot smaller this year......What`s with all of the 5`8- 5`9 guys ? Where are the 300 pounders ???  O woe is you for sure.......Grayson is going to sit on you guys and squish you !!!!

Hell...they did that to us last year.  We were just powerful enough to get them off....(Smile).

Amigo...remember...TPE.

Technique...Power...Explosion...

Packer football..............

Rufus>>

Rufus,

i like it......Loyola Academy  IL.. is the same way....They are bigger than last year...about 6`3...265 on the OL....but the technique , execution and coaching is why they are a threat to win the state every year.

So when are the Colquiit Packers going to man-up and play that Packer team from Green Bay ???? They are from Wisconsin so they can`t be that good !!!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

Colquitt County will be in Hoover next month for that Hoover City 7/7.... according to Hoover City 7/7 twitter.

West Monroe and Holy Cross (NOLA) penciled in again too.

I was looking at our calendar for this month and next and just don't see us doing the Hoover 7v7 on the schedules. 

I see us at the FSU 7v7, the Auburn 7v7 and the Corly Kell 7v7, and then doing a mandated dead week the first week of July and some OTA workouts and acclimation workouts to round out the month. 

Idk. 

Anyway, while 7v7 isn't "real" football, we last won the UGA one in 2017 with Steven Krajewski at qb. It's not the most elite 7v7 in the country but it does have all the usual suspects from the state of Georgia in it, and it bodes well for us in state that we were able to take it. 

It bodes well for the new coaching staff also, that we won't fall off right away as some thought may happen. I expect that we'll be an offensive juggernaut this year.

• Like 2

The interesting part about yesterday...we made it thru pool play at 3-1.  Then we had to beat...in order.....Camden, Warner Robins and North Gwinnett to make it to the finals.  We then beat Woodward Academy for the title.

Camden, Warner Robins and North Gwinnett are all on our 2019 schedule.

I doubt we go to Hoover.  That was a Rush thing.   I was thinking the FSU 7 on 7 would replace it and I believe FSU is this weekend?   I'm interested in our OLA participation.  Gotta get our miniature Linemen some work...(Smile).  Summer workouts set the stage for what you can expect in the fall.

#keepgrinding

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was looking at our calendar for this month and next and just don't see us doing the Hoover 7v7 on the schedules. 

I see us at the FSU 7v7, the Auburn 7v7 and the Corly Kell 7v7, and then doing a mandated dead week the first week of July and some OTA workouts and acclimation workouts to round out the month. 

Idk. 

Anyway, while 7v7 isn't "real" football, we last won the UGA one in 2017 with Steven Krajewski at qb. It's not the most elite 7v7 in the country but it does have all the usual suspects from the state of Georgia in it, and it bodes well for us in state that we were able to take it. 

It bodes well for the new coaching staff also, that we won't fall off right away as some thought may happen. I expect that we'll be an offensive juggernaut this year.

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'd say that they're tweeting that "at" us to let us know the dates. 

I don't know a whole lot about the new head coach yet, but, he is extremely organized. Usually so far, what he has said and/or put on paper is what happens, pretty much precisely. Not saying he won't pencil something in, but, haven't seen much of that with him yet.

20190605_101408.thumb.jpg.42d5db57dc282fefea9eb66c78df833e.jpg

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yeah, I don't know really.....

Thought the Hoover thing died, but they are trying to keep some form of it going.....I guess.

This would be supposition...but since Rush started the Hoover 7 on 7...and we've been every year since he came to Colquitt...they probably have us penciled in from last year.  Nobody knew that Rush wouldn't be part of the Packer program at that point in time.  I've heard that Coach Rogers is not considering making the trip.  I think HawgGoneIt alluded to trips to FSU...Auburn...and the 7 on 7 sponsored by the Corky Kell.  Throw in a few OTAs and..."voila" (that's French ya know)...we have the basis of a summer work schedule.

Anyway ya cut it.......#wegrinding

Rufus>>

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Our June looks really full, then July has a little bit of a break comparably. 

I do see the local round robin 7v7 in July, but other than that, just liftung and OTA activity.

I heard that there's a "shrimp & grits" eating contest in July...but I think that's strictly for the coaches....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1