Refs taking Zags out of the game already. SMH.

954gator

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I like it though... But she gets annoying with the weather alerts...

I just switched to Siri. I was a android guy for the longest. Best phone I ever hade was the note 7. I had no problems whatsoever. When they forced me to switch. I started comparing the note 8 to the Iphone 8 or X whatever they decide to call it. The new Iphone being released in Sept. Is going to be something else.

16 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Last time I fouled out was the last organized basketball game I ever played. And I was called for an offensive foul on an off-ball pick during our first possession of the game. And it was the state championship game my senior year in high school. Same result for us as Gonzaga, although a kid on the other team hit 2 free throws to beat us by 1. Sucked alright.

OMG. Sad but cool story.  You must have been good.  Were you guilty of foul?  

19 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I just switched to Siri. I was a android guy for the longest. Best phone I ever hade was the note 7. I had no problems whatsoever. When they forced me to switch. I started comparing the note 8 to the Iphone 8 or X whatever they decide to call it. The new Iphone being released in Sept. Is going to be something else.

I will never get an Iphone. Apples unwillingness to let you use open software is asinine.  Lack of customization on Iphone kills me too....

And they arent worth the money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

OMG. Sad but cool story.  You must have been good.  Were you guilty of foul?  

I was not a particularly good basketball player. Our team had 5 guys who went on to play college hoops, 5 others who went on to play college baseball (1 professionally as well), and 1 guy who played college football and in the NFL. Let's put it this way...in a Princeton-like motion offense, it was designed for me to be the 5th guy to touch the ball on every trip down the floor.

Technically, I was probably guilty of the fouls, they were just called differently than they had been all year. The first foul called on me was not on our first possession -- actually it was at the opening tip, when an official whistled me for stepping too aggressively in front of the guy next to me on the circle after the ball had been tipped by our Center in the jump ball. Things were equally confusing after that.

I think the "bigness" of the game got to the official(s), as seemed to be the case last night in the NCAA game, too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I was not a particularly good basketball player. Our team had 5 guys who went on to play college hoops, 5 others who went on to play college baseball (1 professionally as well), and 1 guy who played college football and in the NFL. Let's put it this way...in a Princeton-like motion offense, it was designed for me to be the 5th guy to touch the ball on every trip down the floor.

Technically, I was probably guilty of the fouls, they were just called differently than they had been all year. The first foul called on me was not on our first possession -- actually it was at the opening tip, when an official whistled me for stepping too aggressively in front of the guy next to me on the circle after the ball had been tipped by our Center in the jump ball. Things were equally confusing after that.

I think the "bigness" of the game got to the official(s), as seemed to be the case last night in the NCAA game, too.

Good enough to be on the floor.  

One game after a particularly excessive night drinking, I got a D rebound and put it back in for 2.  Except it was 2 for other team.  We lost by 1.  Talk about embarrassing, damn coach left me in there too.  All I wanted to do was get away.

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I tried Baseball in HS. 

Needless to say.... It didnt last long. 

The sport that yielded the best results for me where tennis and Football. 

10 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

One game after a particularly excessive night drinking, I got a D rebound and put it back in for 2.  Except it was 2 for other team.  We lost by 1.  Talk about embarrassing, damn coach left me in there too.  All I wanted to do was get away.

Bummer, but funny. Lucky they didn't foul you, or you'd have maybe given the other team a 3-point play. Could you imagine shooting a free throw at the opponents end? That's now Disney stuff there.

• Like 1

Not only that for some reason my hits started getting heavier as time went on. I couldnt keep shit in the court. 

The Baseball Coach wanted me to comeback and try out for Pitcher. But I refused. 

Even to this day some of my friends joke around about me being so heavy handed. One of them really wants me to try out for Baseball again.... 

6 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Last time I fouled out was the last organized basketball game I ever played. And I was called for an offensive foul on an off-ball pick during our first possession of the game. And it was the state championship game my senior year in high school. Same result for us as Gonzaga, although a kid on the other team hit 2 free throws to beat us by 1. Sucked alright.

Sucks man.   I hate weak as screen calls.   They are called to balance the fouls out or for "make up calls".  Garbage.