Columbia needs home game week 5 or 9

Columbiafan

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Apparently Lake Brantley thinks we a powerhouse because they too much a bitch to come to lake City even though we share a opening

Lake Brantley doesn’t want the ass stomping. At least they admit it. Some coaches sign up for 50 point slaughters. It doesn’t do anyone any good 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

We need a homecoming opponent 

At least it's in state lol

When I spoke to the AD she said they play district opponent Apopka week 6. And don’t want to play a power and get beat up the week before a tough district game. 

They have week 3 open as well and prefer to play then and have week 5 as their bye. 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

When I spoke to the AD she said they play district opponent Apopka week 6. And don’t want to play a power and get beat up the weeks before  tough district game. 

They have week 3 open as well and prefer to play them and have week 5 as their bye. 

Maybe see if Columbia could move their week 3 game around if Lake Brantley would play week 3?

Grant tech is a independent so they may have flexibility to move the game around

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@GardenStateBaller ur telling me there’s nothing PGL can do to find this team a game?

Well I asked about week 9 previously and GSB put DFB in touch but neither team could afford to lose a home game 

I haven't asked him about week 5 openings in a while since Columbia seemed unwilling to budge on week 5 as a bye week until now

54 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’ve offered a few options. They won’t travel and don’t have the sufficient funds to host.  An almost impossible scenario. 

We can't afford to travel this year because we already have 5 road games and are already paying Pine Forest to travel to us

Though we have 2 games this year which are 1 year deal so we will have options to work with for 2020 and could probably get someone from South GA possibly

• Like 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What was ur excuse the previous 88 years

We have traveled OOS before 

It is only rare because Columbia is a expensive team to travel 

Any overnight travel could range from 10-25k in costs depending on bus distance since flights aren't a affordable option 

Most teams aren't going to offer much more than 8-10k and the boosters aren't going to flip the bill for a OOS game, we can barley get them to show up for home games with nothing in town to compete against

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

We haven't turned anyone down that have offered to come to Columbia

Only games we have turned down involved travel because we were already traveling 5 games and have to pay another team to come to us

And this says so much. Other teams also have concerns over number of home games. A healthy program should play a minimum of five at home.