Colquitt County vs Lake City Columbia Kickoff classic

Columbiafan

11 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

It’s not a loss though and Im not talking shit. Qb protection changes whole game and if game counted then I’m sure both sides don’t play conservative or “vanilla”. If anything, like mentioned, it gives both teams a film to review and work on some stuff for when they play a “real” game. 

Yeah and every "sack" i saw by Colquitt on Jordan Smith would have been shaked away in a normal game

Though anytime we step on field our goal is to win whether it counts or not

Though point being I saw a lot of positives we can take away from the game

Also saw that Colquitt looked good, that RB they got is very good 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah and every "sack" i saw by Colquitt on Jordan Smith would have been shaked away in a normal game

Though anytime we step on field our goal is to win whether it counts or not

Though point being I saw a lot of positives we can take away from the game

Also saw that Colquitt looked good, that RB they got is very good 

I'm not sure why we didn't show off our qb and wr groups, other than to not tip our hand for the season to come. 

Plays like that sideline toss to Daijun Edwards that scored on the big play there in the 3rd quarter... Those were missing tonight. We didn't take shots down the field much. The game felt like a grind. I swear, I hope the Packers entire season isn't that grind. It's totally not what I think most expect from the Rogers up-tempo spread. The W is good and all. The grind to get there is tough for the fan. 

I've seen a lot in practice that we were never even close to showing tonight. Not trying to belittle anyone, just not sure why we didn't see the same stuff tonight other than protecting the playbook as along as possible. 

We showcased our P5 rb  and all around good guy in Daijun Edwards, #3 tonight a little, but I think over all, Spradley got more touches and he isn't our top guy. We never stretched the field with our receivers except when necessary to make a first down after the rbs got stopped or some penalties or whatever. I think the staff was looking to work on and/or evaluate the run blocking of our O-Line who are admittedly a little short in stature compared to the last few years. I think the lines for both teams looked pretty good. 

Not a fan of the 3 man front Colquitt showed on defense. The pass rush was pretty flat and the Columbia qb was a good asset for a flat pass rush. 

Ok... getting in depth now. Gonna save this stuff for a write up tomorrow after the Black Cherry White Claw Seltzer Water wears off. Don't hate... tryna go keto again. Gotta drop 20 ell bees. haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We did get that Go Pack Go! chant going on right there at the end. Felt like the defense needed it right then for a couple of plays on a night when everything seemed just a little subdued. Colquitt County has been through a lot over the last few months. Still dealing with stuff in our own ways. A good many fans have moved on. Most everyone has at the minimum decided that our kids deserve all we can give regardless of all that has happened... Some folks are still more than a little bitter. I get it. I've been through a ton of emotions my own self. I'm all in for the kids. That means, I'm all in for the coaches too. Blinders on... Full on, straight ahead. No noise and no bullshit. Benz next week. 

Hoss....if it rains in the Benz next week....I think we'll be OK...(Smile).   If any of our 2019 opponents had "scouts" there last night....they didn't get much.  Talk about close to the vest.   I was told...overall...we graded out an 80.  Not the best we've seen for a scrimmage.  Not the worst.  But a week from today....IT ALL GETS REAL.

Hope to see you in the ATL.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss....if it rains in the Benz next week....I think we'll be OK...(Smile).   If any of our 2019 opponents had "scouts" there last night....they didn't get much.  Talk about close to the vest.   I was told...overall...we graded out an 80.  Not the best we've seen for a scrimmage.  Not the worst.  But a week from today....IT ALL GETS REAL.

Hope to see you in the ATL.

Rufus>>

Definitely saw some scouts around. Straight up wearing the Valdosta gear and all. Hahaha. 

Totally agree with the grade of 80. Been working on my rundown this morning already.