Colquitt County vs Lake City Columbia Kickoff classic

Columbiafan

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Good get.

Many around the hsfb world are ecstatic that the IMG/SFA game is still on. They worked through their differences and did what was best for the kids. 

Yes but now we have to find a game ourselves lol

Anyone with week 5 or 9 open?

I'll get the dates in a sec

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I haven't heard about it yet. I'll check and see if I can verify from this end.

We are in acclimation this week so there isn't much going around about team activities. 

Well I guess we will finally get to meet up at a game lol

And it sounds like it will be 8/16 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Doesn’t Georgia have true preseason games the week before the season starts? 

Not scrimmages but real games that don’t count 

You mean like a KOC in Lake City where Colquitt will put 40 on Columbia in the first half, then play their JV in the third quarter and the 9th grade in the 4th? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You mean like a KOC in Lake City where Colquitt will put 40 on Columbia in the first half, then play their JV in the third quarter and the 9th grade in the 4th? 

Columbia don't even have a 9th grade team 

If Colquitt wants to leave JV at home they probably can and we have a tune-up game and show GA how it's done

I see. 

Well, I had been looking forward to coming down to see y'all vs. IMG for the KOC, then saw all the hooplah about switching to regular season, then learning now that IMG got skeert and threw the contract in the trash. 

So now, maybe I'll be coming down to see a Colquitt/Columbia dust up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I see. 

Well, I had been looking forward to coming down to see y'all vs. IMG for the KOC, then saw all the hooplah about switching to regular season, then learning now that IMG got skeert and threw the contract in the trash. 

So now, maybe I'll be coming down to see a Colquitt/Columbia dust up.

If this is legit...I like it.

i will say I'm not a big fan of the preseason games.  it wouldn't have bothered me if we had just left that week open...but hey, the Columbia matchup will be a good one.  I'm hitting up Ms. Violet as I type about heading over.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Dates don't line up but would be nice

We actually tried scheduling John Curtis earlier this off-season but they turned us down

And ik STA won't travel to Lake City, they would want us to come down there 

1. Why does it seem like JCC is avoiding Florida teams that pose a threat when they're looking for games?

2. Why wouldn't STA come up to Lake City? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

If this is legit...I like it.

i will say I'm not a big fan of the preseason games.  it wouldn't have bothered me if we had just left that week open...but hey, the Columbia matchup will be a good one.  I'm hitting up Ms. Violet as I type about heading over.

Rufus>>

About as far for you two as it is for me. I say "you two" in the hopes that Doc gets left with a fancy drink with an umbrella in it. 

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Why does it seem like JCC is avoiding Florida teams that pose a threat when they're looking for games?

2. Why wouldn't STA come up to Lake City? 

STA rarely plays FL schools outside of the 3 SFL counties, they would likely rather stay in SFL or play a ESPN game against a OOS team versus playing a team from North Florida who they would view as a easy win

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

About as far for you two as it is for me. I say "you two" in the hopes that Doc gets left with a fancy drink with an umbrella in it. 

A couple of things....

it's an hour and 41 minutes from my door to the stadium.  Ms. Violet is sounding optimistic about us making the trip.

And I have never known "Doc" to ever have a drink with an umbrella in it.

NEVER EVER !!!!!

Edit:  The Packer Touchdown Club says it's only a 99.99999999% probability of happening.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

A couple of things....

it's an hour and 41 minutes from my door to the stadium.  Ms. Violet is sounding optimistic about us making the trip.

And I have never known "Doc" to ever have a drink with an umbrella in it.

NEVER EVER !!!!!

Edit:  The Packer Touchdown Club says it's only a 99.99999999% probability of happening.

Rufus>>

I'll be glad to meet some of the Colquitt fans at the game if you all come early

@HawgGoneIt @Rufus69