Colquitt County vs Lake City Columbia Kickoff classic

Columbiafan

Just now, badrouter said:

The players and coaches have some film to look at and critique. I just mean from the standpoint of us geeks evaluating the quality of the teams in comparison to other teams or each other. It means nothing in that regard.

I don't disagree.  It's pretty much what I said earlier when i found it it WAS gonna be a controlled scrimmage with the Varsity only playing 3 quarters.  But Colquitt does this every year.  A scrimmage before everything cranks up the following week in the ATL.  I think our staff got what they needed.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Pain and suffering having to watch a Controlled Scrimmage via text update 

I would have periscoped it but periscope banned me. I accidentally logged on there with my VPN active and they immediately sent me a ban for suspicious behavior. Over and done with unless I go through a bunch of hoops with appeals and this. that and  the other. I don't love 'em like that, i said,,, Aight din. 

xD

Ok first off I'm not ashamed with this loss and i saw many positives from this game and I feel that if Columbia stays healthy and takes games seriously that they have more than enough to play for a state title this year

Hats off to Colquitt on a hard fought game and glad i got to meet a few of your fans Tonight including @HawgGoneIt

You all got a good team, good luck in 2019 and hopefully 2020 we can make it regular season

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Better than 2014? #1, #2, & #23. Add in #88 at TE? I’d be surprised. Bold claim from the new staff 

Bro, we're good there. Idk if we're 2014 good. At the Seafood Extravaganza last night, we were told that. Don't forget, some of our coaches are carry overs...

I do think we are good in that dept. I also like our qb1. He is a bit more mature than last year, and I liked him then, aside from some antics where everything was someone else's fault if you know what I mean... Only difference I see between he and Parrish from back then, Similar accuracy, footwork and game management skills... main difference is in attitude., Just own up when you screw up. Toughen up and let it roll off your back. Don't get mad at others or always point at others. You're the QB. The buck stops there on the field on offense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I would have periscoped it but periscope banned me. I accidentally logged on there with my VPN active and they immediately sent me a ban for suspicious behavior. Over and done with unless I go through a bunch of hoops with appeals and this. that and  the other. I don't love 'em like that, i said,,, Aight din. 

xD

Ya ight buddy what ever you say, we all know you got banned for asking for people to show their feet 🦶 on there

dead ass watching falcons stream and some dude kept asking for the dude to show his foot

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Ok first off I'm not ashamed with this loss and i saw many positives from this game and I feel that if Columbia stays healthy and takes games seriously that they have more than enough to play for a state title this year

Hats off to Colquitt on a hard fought game and glad i got to meet a few of your fans Tonight including @HawgGoneIt

You all got a good team, good luck in 2019 and hopefully 2020 we can make it regular season

Hell yeah! You guys have a legit squad. I had a blast meeting up with you and with the entire trip. Great atmosphere down there!  I can dig it. I was telling someone that I felt like you guys would fit in pretty good in region 1. Ultimate compliment. Just glad I didn;t hear that train horn more than I did... Worse than Tift with that stupid cannon! hahaha.

Bro, I had a great time tonight. Win lose or draw, that was a fun game. Even in the rain sputtering just enough we put our ponchos on once and had to fight to get the phone to text out correctly for the play by play for the website. 

Gonna give my honest no bullshit assessment on the Packers performance soon. No holding back. Coach Rogers first real performance evaluation. I feel like it comes against a legit top 100 squad in Columbia. Really impressed with your QB1. Nice dual threat feel coming from him Very accurate and dangerous. Would love to have seen the real game! Alas, we got what we got. It was fun! A+ on the overall experience.

Thanks again! Let's us forget about Lowndes and lobby our respective ad's or coaches for a continuation of this night into the regular season for a home and home or something in the future... Did I say Eff Lowndes? If I didn't, let me do so now.... Eff Lowndes! Let's get it on Columbo!  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hell yeah! You guys have a legit squad. I had a blast meeting up with you and with the entire trip. Great atmosphere down there!  I can dig it. I was telling someone that I felt like you guys would fit in pretty good in region 1. Ultimate compliment. Just glad I didn;t hear that train horn more than I did... Worse than Tift with that stupid cannon! hahaha.

Bro, I had a great time tonight. Win lose or draw, that was a fun game. Even in the rain sputtering just enough we put our ponchos on once and had to fight to get the phone to text out correctly for the play by play for the website. 

Gonna give my honest no bullshit assessment on the Packers performance soon. No holding back. Coach Rogers first real performance evaluation. I feel like it comes against a legit top 100 squad in Columbia. Really impressed with your QB1. Nice dual threat feel coming from him Very accurate and dangerous. Would love to have seen the real game! Alas, we got what we got. It was fun! A+ on the overall experience.

Thanks again! Let's us forget about Lowndes and lobby our respective ad's or coaches for a continuation of this night into the regular season for a home and home or something in the future... Did I say Eff Lowndes? If I didn't, let me do so now.... Eff Lowndes! Let's get it on Columbo!  

I would definitely be on board with seeing a home and home

Maybe they can move it to regular season next year? Hint hint @GardenStateBaller

Hell Colquitt already traveled to Columbia tonight so maybe they could return the favor next year if us and Colquitt share a opening 

We did get that Go Pack Go! chant going on right there at the end. Felt like the defense needed it right then for a couple of plays on a night when everything seemed just a little subdued. Colquitt County has been through a lot over the last few months. Still dealing with stuff in our own ways. A good many fans have moved on. Most everyone has at the minimum decided that our kids deserve all we can give regardless of all that has happened... Some folks are still more than a little bitter. I get it. I've been through a ton of emotions my own self. I'm all in for the kids. That means, I'm all in for the coaches too. Blinders on... Full on, straight ahead. No noise and no bullshit. Benz next week. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

It’s not a loss though and Im not talking shit. Qb protection changes whole game and if game counted then I’m sure both sides don’t play conservative or “vanilla”. If anything, like mentioned, it gives both teams a film to review and work on some stuff for when they play a “real” game. 

• Like 2