Just For You Georgia Fellers....

Rufus69

Colquitt had an intrasquad scrimmage yesterday. I was only able to catch the last few plays because they started the scrimmage earlier than was told. Supposed to start at 6 but was ending around 6:20... Anyway, the offense is anything but anemic.

I was told there was a couple of major defensive special teams play where kicks were blocked. Not sure if it was defensive ones against offensive 2s or vice versa though. 

A little miffed they started earlier than advertised. I am not the only one. Lot's of grumbling in the stands that folks went out of their way to come sit in the August heat and the thing was already almost over. 

It was... HOT! 

Anyway... looking like we are continually making progress. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You sound salty 

Tell us how you really feel?

20F257D9-CF8C-4AFF-BAE0-A7A14D7E6FC7.gif

A little salty. Sho 'nuff.  

I don't think the new coach quite yet understands how serious some of this fan base takes these scrimmages and other team activities. When your fans get out in 95 degree temps to watch a scrimmage, they want to see a scrimmage.

Feel me boo boo @imaGoodBoyNow?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A little salty. Sho 'nuff.  

I don't think the new coach quite yet understands how serious some of this fan base takes these scrimmages and other team activities. When your fans get out in 95 degree temps to watch a scrimmage, they want to see a scrimmage.

Feel me boo boo @imaGoodBoyNow?

No I do not feel for you, I feel for the parents and fans that got out work early and make it to the field to only catch the last couple plays 

• Like 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

No I do not feel for you, I feel for the parents and fans that got out work early and make it to the field to only catch the last couple plays 

Exactly. 

The excuse that the senior 'talk' didn't take as long as thought so they went on and started. 

A good many folks were just arriving as the last plays were unfolding. 

Not sure if I mentioned this already, but, it was hot out there. A number of folks knocked off work a little early or rushed straight outta work to check out the progress of their boys. 

It was hot out there. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Exactly. 

The excuse that the senior 'talk' didn't take as long as thought so they went on and started. 

A good many folks were just arriving as the last plays were unfolding. 

Not sure if I mentioned this already, but, it was hot out there. A number of folks knocked off work a little early or rushed straight outta work to check out the progress of their boys. 

It was hot out there. 

OK...OK...in my best Johnny Carson Tonight Show voice....

HOW HOT WAS IT ??????

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt had an intrasquad scrimmage yesterday. I was only able to catch the last few plays because they started the scrimmage earlier than was told. Supposed to start at 6 but was ending around 6:20... Anyway, the offense is anything but anemic.

I was told there was a couple of major defensive special teams play where kicks were blocked. Not sure if it was defensive ones against offensive 2s or vice versa though. 

A little miffed they started earlier than advertised. I am not the only one. Lot's of grumbling in the stands that folks went out of their way to come sit in the August heat and the thing was already almost over. 

It was... HOT! 

Anyway... looking like we are continually making progress. 

I've been hearing that our O-Line just ain't there yet.

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I've been hearing that our O-Line just ain't there yet.

Rufus>>

Still have some work to do along there. I think they looked pretty good considering all the shuffling and position changes that were made. 

As we've previously discussed, I think the loss of Joey Bennett is one of the greatest losses we had and I'll leave it there. 

In the few plays I saw, the qb was well protected and the ball was moved easily through the passing game taking large chunks of the field. Jaycee had to put the ball in the dirt one play, but, it wasn't because he was under duress early, mainly great coverage killed the play. 

One thing is for sure... We'll know something about ourselves next Friday night. The coaches won't be able to start that heavily advertised one early. 

The way I see it... I think we are in a comparable spot to past seasons on the line at this point. We never start off feeling super great about the entire line in my opinion. Not even in 2014 and 15 were we totally feeling bulletproof up front. We had one side or the other a little undersized or not as accomplished. Joey was a wiz at mixing and matching to make it work. I think Coach Hansen is pretty good as well. 

From a fan standpoint a good many are feeling nervous and uncertain. I can understand as we've been through a lot as a fan base. 

I know those kids all first hand. They're gonna be ok. Next week we get tested. 

"I think the loss of Joey Bennett is one of the greatest losses we had and I'll leave it there"

You have a partner in crime on this.  We've discussed it.  Broke my heart to see Joey leave.  Understood why...still broke my heart.

"We never start off feeling super great about the entire line in my opinion. Not even in 2014 and 15 were we totally feeling bulletproof up front. We had one side or the other a little undersized or not as accomplished. Joey was a wiz at mixing and matching to make it work. I think Coach Hansen is pretty good as well" 

You're right about previous years.  The O-Line is the first place I look.  It's also the first area I moan and groan about.  I do hope Coach Hansen and his minions are up to the task.  Jaycee has a huge opportunity to break out this year.  I feel good about our law firm...Edwards & Spradley.  We need Hawg Air to get off the ground.  With Lemeke and Tajh and Superman...(Boatright) catching the ball....we hafta have protection for Jaycee.  If we do.....

Come to daddy.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

"I think the loss of Joey Bennett is one of the greatest losses we had and I'll leave it there"

You have a partner in crime on this.  We've discussed it.  Broke my heart to see Joey leave.  Understood why...still broke my heart.

"We never start off feeling super great about the entire line in my opinion. Not even in 2014 and 15 were we totally feeling bulletproof up front. We had one side or the other a little undersized or not as accomplished. Joey was a wiz at mixing and matching to make it work. I think Coach Hansen is pretty good as well" 

You're right about previous years.  The O-Line is the first place I look.  It's also the first area I moan and groan about.  I do hope Coach Hansen and his minions are up to the task.  Jaycee has a huge opportunity to break out this year.  I feel good about our law firm...Edwards & Spradley.  We need Hawg Air to get off the ground.  With Lemeke and Tajh and Superman...(Boatright) catching the ball....we hafta have protection for Jaycee.  If we do.....

Come to daddy.

Rufus>>

In my brief stint on the surface of the sun yesterday...

The pass protection looked pretty good. I think this was against our 2's though. Of course Jaycee was in a green jersey so there was no contact rules applied, which kind of changes how hard the defense rushes, but, they weren't "out-techniquing" the O-line from my vantage point. 

As long as Jaycee goes through his progressions quickly and is decisive with either throwing or tucking, it seems like we have the weapons to get it done.

Disappointedly, I didn't even get to see a run attempt, so I can't say at all how the run blocking looked. We know we have a couple of the best rbs in the state and one of the best in the country, so, it seems like a little daylight could go a long way... hopefully. 

One of our o-linemen, Connor, appeared to have an ankle injury during my time out there. After the scrimmage he was ambulating fine though. Maybe just favoring it a little in his gait. 

• Like 1

Valdosta should be at the top of the list for AAAAAA or 6A for the folks that understand. 

My Lee County guy says he thinks they'll be good again but not great over there at Lee County.

I guess those two are probably the favorites to come out of Region 1 6A as far as I can ascertain since we aren't hearing a ton of noise from Coffee, Houston or North Side Warner Robins. 

About region 1 7A...

Hearing little from Camden folks including our favorite Camden fan @Camcat88 

Not sure what's going on over there. I think folks from outside of Kingsland are generally thinking Bob Sphire should have them on the upswing by now, so, curious why there isn't much noise from over there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Valdosta should be at the top of the list for AAAAAA or 6A for the folks that understand. 

My Lee County guy says he thinks they'll be good again but not great over there at Lee County.

I guess those two are probably the favorites to come out of Region 1 6A as far as I can ascertain since we aren't hearing a ton of noise from Coffee, Houston or North Side Warner Robins. 

About region 1 7A...

Hearing little from Camden folks including our favorite Camden fan @Camcat88 

Not sure what's going on over there. I think folks from outside of Kingsland are generally thinking Bob Sphire should have them on the upswing by now, so, curious why there isn't much noise from over there. 

Bullet Bob has him a fine "ball spinner" over there in Kingsland.  They'll make some noise this year.  Tift has the Almond kid from Lowndes.  They'll throw it as well.  Lowndes has a sophomore QB.  They'll play a lot of defense.  And Colquitt...well, this is Jaycee's year to shine.  He has the tools and he has the surrounding pieces.  Time to breakout.

But you're right about the Cats.  I cannot see them not being the favorite in AAAAAA.  Little Rod will have a very good year.  We'll have our hands full in The Baze.

Rufus>>

• Like 1