First day of Football Practice in NY

NYHSFAN33

Obviously here practice starts much later compared to most of the states.  No Spring ball here either.  First day of practice today here.  Nice and hot to start the season off.  Wish they would push up start of the season to get on par with a lot of the country but don’t see it happening anytime soon.  If anything it keeps getting pushed later in the Summer from what I see. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Obviously here practice starts much later compared to most of the states.  No Spring ball here either.  First day of practice today here.  Nice and hot to start the season off.  Wish they would push up start of the season to get on par with a lot of the country but don’t see it happening anytime soon.  If anything it keeps getting pushed later in the Summer from what I see. 

We have our first scrimmages this week....

A bit of a late start as well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

New Ro any good ??

They will probably be favored to win the section.  They have a couple of high level players every season, but their success as far as states are concerned as usual will hinge on the play of the supporting cast around those guys.  Can always count on them to be well coached and athletic, but they have lacked a little in size the past couple of years IMO compared to their best teams.

3 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Why such a late start with most schools around the country playing this Fri or next?

6 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Years ago when I lived there I used to go to the great Iona Prep New Ro games....Great times.....Draddy, Counts, T Bone Lee, Dennis Barrett,Leone, MC Donald......Thanks...

Those Thanksgiving Day games between New Ro vs Iona and White Plains vs Stepinac always drew an electric crowd.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Crazy late start

Didn't Georgia actually push our start back a week this year. 

This past weekend last year I think the Corky Kell was going. Like on the 18th.

We would be already playing games of record on the week NY started practice had it not pushed off a week this year. 

I am glad it did push back though. One less hot ass week to worry about. 

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Didn't Georgia actually push our start back a week this year. 

This past weekend last year I think the Corky Kell was going. Like on the 18th.

We would be already playing games of record on the week NY started practice had it not pushed off a week this year. 

I am glad it did push back though. One less hot ass week to worry about. 

Yeah GHSA pushes back and NCAA moved up. Weird