Looks the Elders will start #1 in the Blitz 5 Top 25.

RedZone

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The internet is a strange place. It was suppose to be this tweet.

Is it? Did the internet somehow teleport you to the Elder Football Parents twitter page, and paste the URL into your link?

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Hope that helps and you sleep well tonight..

I'll sleep fine...knowing that you've graduated from posting pics of shirtless teenage boys to hanging out on parents twitter pages for teams across the country.

Carry on, Herr Chipmunk. xD

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

What has happened to the Moeller?

Another new HC?

The multiple coaching changes certainly hasn't helped...

So...most people really thought that Moeller was a consistent Ohio power again after their back to back titles in 2012 and 2013.....and I believe that it was Zulu whom stated that 2012 and 2013 were the aberrations for Moeller, and I think he was dead on.

For the last 20-30 years, Moeller has usually always been a good team, but not a national or state power.

In 2012 and 2013 they had some pretty stacked teams with extremely good Lines that would get at least a 1-2 yard push every down. With a really good dual threat QB and good RB's, they were very hard to stop offensively. This was also during a small couple year phase where Colerain and St. X(traditionally elite defenses) decided to put the majority of their best athletes on offense, which resulted in some of the weakest defenses for each team, and thus Moe's great offense didn't have much in the way to stop them. 

In 2013 they actually had a pretty good team. 2012 was an absolute aberration...they were a mediocre team who got a favorable playoff draw and got hot at the right time...just like X did in 2016.

That said, at least they eventually proved capable of beating Don Bosco, unlike Archbishop Rommel.

3 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Ohio guys, what do you make of La Salle this year? They are playing Mansfield (Mass.) out there on Sept. 13. Figured La Salle would be the favorite, although Mansfield has a pretty good team by New England standards.

No idea what to make of La Salle. Most everybody is picking them to finish last in the GCL. A few of their more exuberant fans think they will be great. Others have been less than enthusiastic about the Lancers. 

Personally, I think their offensive playcalling has been dreadful the last 2 years ever since McLaughlin has been Coach.  They've had tons of offensive talent, but have barely been able to score or sustain drives. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

No idea what to make of La Salle. Most everybody is picking them to finish last in the GCL. A few of their more exuberant fans think they will be great. Others have been less than enthusiastic about the Lancers. 

Personally, I think their offensive playcalling has been dreadful the last 2 years ever since McLaughlin has been Coach.  They've had tons of offensive talent, but have barely been able to score or sustain drives. 

Interesting. Mansfield does not really get by on major talent. They may have one D1-caliber starter. But they generally compete well with more talented teams because of coaching and their kids are usually pretty tough.

Just now, Adam Kurkjian said:

Interesting. Mansfield does not really get by on major talent. They may have one D1-caliber starter. But they generally compete well with more talented teams because of coaching and their kids are usually pretty tough.

Yea, if La Salle is anything like the last 2 years, they will have trouble scoring, and that can keep most opponents in the game against them.  

How would you expect Mansfield to do against the BNU? What about the best Jersey publics?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

that said, at least they eventually proved capable of beating Don Bosco, unlike Archbishop Rommel.

That said........... Moeller beating (6-5) don bosco 20-14 was impressive in 2016.. xD

Moeller got two games.....Rummel got 1 game then bosco went scared.

The year (2015) Rummel lost to don bosco 10-3 bosco beat Moeller 31-14....of course bosco won state in 2015, was #1 in nj... and Top 25 nationally.

Knock the rust off, zulu......That trump stuff doesn't float here.

Just now, Coletrain06 said:

Yea, if La Salle is anything like the last 2 years, they will have trouble scoring, and that can keep most opponents in the game against them.  

How would you expect Mansfield to do against the BNU? What about the best Jersey publics?

I know Mansfield should be a top 10 or so team in Mass. this year, but last year I was at the game against Everett and they just couldn't keep up with Everett's speed. In fact, the Mansfield coach afterward remarked that Everett had the kind of skill that Mansfield sees when they go out of state. So I think Mansfield wouldn't do all that well against a BNU team. I'm not sure how the best Jersey publics are, but my guess is Mansfield would compete much better with them.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

That said........... Moeller beating (6-5) don bosco 20-14 was impressive in 2016.. xD

Moeller got two games.....Rummel got 1 game then bosco went scared.

The year (2015) Rummel lost to don bosco 10-3 bosco beat Moeller 31-14....of course bosco won state in 2015, was #1 in nj... and Top 25 nationally.

Knock the rust off, zulu......That trump stuff doesn't float here.

It’s cool. If Rommel was my team, I’d probably spend my time talking about the Elder Parents twitter and Moeller too. 

Carry on. 

8 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

It’s cool. If Rommel was my team, I’d probably spend my time talking about the Elder Parents twitter and Moeller too. 

Carry on. 

It's cool. We will eventually get you back in the swing of things here, zulu......knock some of that orange rust off you and you will be good as 2012......your last meaningful season of football posts. xD

#moron

21 hours ago, nptb17 said:

They will score some points this year.  I would rank them number 1 in Cincinnati as well.

Interesting.  Now, do you expect their defense to be able to stop anyone?  Seems like it's been a decade and a half since Elder stopped anyone.

They could very well be #1 in the city to start the year.  I struggle to think they will finish there given what I saw in last year's regional final.

Hope I'm wrong.  Cincy football is always better when Elder is good.

-93CardinalsFan