Liberty (Henderson, NV) 2019 Schdeule

Gator 82

I know I'm probably a little late (OK a lot late) to the party, but I was just reading about the match up this week between Liberty and Mililani and took a look at Liberty's schedule. The Patriots really scheduled up this year. This is an absolutely brutal schedule even tougher than Bishop Gormans. Liberty is really committed to turning that corner and competing with the Bishop. Now they just have to start winning some of them.

8/23 vs Chandler, AZ

8/30 @ Mililani, HI

9/6  vs St. John Bosco

9/13 @ Centennial, Corona

9/20 vs Liberty (Peoria, AZ)

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/liberty-patriots-(henderson,nv)/football/schedule.htm

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good find.  Liberty must be tryna get their guys beat down before The Bishop game.

Shows the drop off in caliber of local teams, when you have to schedule 5 OOS games.

Exactly why Bishop Gorman had to go and skull dent Cali for the last decade. 

BG is like 20-4 against Cali. Florida is almost as good against Cali. 

Florida is 3-2 against BG too. 

You dig me, stretch?

19 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good find.  Liberty must be tryna get their guys beat down before The Bishop game.

Shows the drop off in caliber of local teams, when you have to schedule 5 OOS games.

I think it has more to do with trying to catch up to BG than anything with the Bishop obviously being the standard thats been set in Nevada. The caliber of football in Southern Nevada has really got a lot better with all the Californians moving to the Vegas area. Its not at the BG or Liberty level, but the gap is slowly closing. I know Liberty played IMG, American Heritage and Saguaro last season and went 1-2.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

I know I'm probably a little late (OK a lot late) to the party, but I was just reading about the match up this week between Liberty and Mililani and took a look at Liberty's schedule. The Patriots really scheduled up this year. This is an absolutely brutal schedule even tougher than Bishop Gormans. Liberty is really committed to turning that corner and competing with the Bishop. Now they just have to start winning some of them.

8/23 vs Chandler, AZ

8/30 @ Mililani, HI

9/6  vs St. John Bosco

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/liberty-patriots-(henderson,nv)/football/schedule.htm

I'm glad you get it... 

It's nice when a team schedules tough games but you've gotta win some otherwise it's pointless I wish @Sammyswordsman understood this... 

But he doesn't... 

16 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm glad you get it... 

It's nice when a team schedules tough games but you've gotta win some otherwise it's pointless I wish @Sammyswordsman understood this... 

But he doesn't... 

Pop quiz

You have two unknown teams (Team #, and Team @)

Team # plays Ponderosa and wins 63-6

Team @ plays IMG and loses 49-50.

Which team would you bet on to beat Marietta?

28 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Exactly why Bishop Gorman had to go and skull dent Cali for the last decade. 

BG is like 20-4 against Cali. Florida is almost as good against Cali. 

Florida is 3-2 against BG too. 

You dig me, stretch?

So your telling us that Calif has beaten The Bishop twice as much as the very best Fla. teams.    Got it.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Pop quiz

You have two unknown teams (Team #, and Team @)

Team # plays Ponderosa and wins 63-6

Team @ plays IMG and loses 49-50.

Which team would you bet on to beat Marietta?

Trick question... 

Because Marietta isn't playing an unknown team. 

Also riddle me this... 

If Allen is currently 5-0 with wins over 

Trinity

DeSoto

Dallas Jesuit 

Longview 

Union(OK)

And Servite is currently 3-2 with wins over:

Norco

Fountain Valley 

Cathedral Catholic

Losses to:

BG 

Cen10

which one  deserves to be ranked? 

9 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

8/23 vs Chandler, AZ

8/30 @ Mililani, HI

9/6  vs St. John Bosco

Right now Liberty is very similar to Cocoa High from FL. The Patriots have traveled to TX, CA, FL, HI & AZ. With only three major wins vs Westlake (TX) & Saguaro x2 (AZ). 

They only lost by 14 to Gorman last year which is the smallest margin of victory in a long time. They also played Chandler close last week. Also losing by 14 to the 6A reining AZ champs. 

It would been nice if Liberty schedules Servite next year. 

🤣

Or St. Paul.

• Haha 1