DeMatha 34 Imhotep 6 Final

BigDrop

12 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

He’s also truly exciting.  Agree about not starting now.  SJB aside this is a good DM team.  He’ll get a lot of playing time (at least for the next several games although Iggy will be a test).

The SJB game was an extremely tough task for this DM team. You can’t beat a team like SJB with a limited offense. If SJB loses this year the score will look something like 34-28. It won’t be low scoring with a QB like DJ. Gonzaga or SJC would of been much more prepared for this game in week 0. DM may get there, but they’ve got a lot of work to do. Talent alone won’t beat SJB or one of the WCAC heavyweights. DeMatha is top 50, could end Top 25 IMO. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

ESPN quality stream.

Having said that DeMatha was three and out.  I’m sorry but I really had hoped the freshman would start at qb.

Heard from folks that he is a freshman and like most freshman has been inconsistent enough in practice that they opted to go with the senior again.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Seems to have incredible potential.  McGregor said he was the best freshman he had seen at DM.

Freshman absolutely has potential.  Also, remember that Head Coaches don't coach QBs, so when you hear HCs say something like that, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt.  😀   

• 2 weeks later...
On August 30, 2019 at 6:55 PM, NicholasMalibu said:

The SJB game was an extremely tough task for this DM team. You can’t beat a team like SJB with a limited offense. If SJB loses this year the score will look something like 34-28. It won’t be low scoring with a QB like DJ. Gonzaga or SJC would of been much more prepared for this game in week 0. DM may get there, but they’ve got a lot of work to do. Talent alone won’t beat SJB or one of the WCAC heavyweights. DeMatha is top 50, could end Top 25 IMO. 

IMO DeMatha wasn't beating SJB in week 4 or week 14 either.  SJB seemed more out of sync than DMC in week 0

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IMO DeMatha wasn't beating SJB in week 4 or week 14 either.  SJB seemed more out of sync than DMC in week 0

I agree with the first comment. DeMatha doesn’t have the offense to beat SJB at any point this season. I don’t agree with the second comment. DM started a transfer “running” style QB that had never played a game with that group. It was tough to watch against a team like SJB. Oh well, I hope they play next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I agree with the first comment. DeMatha doesn’t have the offense to beat SJB at any point this season. I don’t agree with the second comment. DM started a transfer “running” style QB that had never played a game with that group. It was tough to watch against a team like SJB. Oh well, I hope they play next season. 

NicholasMalibu, absolutely agree with you on that point. Opting for a running QB was the wrong decision.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

FYI, Baltimore doesn’t consider itself as the DMV region. In Maryland, it’s the DMV, Shore and Baltimore. Another world, total different culture. 

Culturally I agree with this, but teams like DeMatha, SJC, SFA, GC, etc have players from both Baltimore and DC. I think for football this makes sense. 

• Like 1