Miami Columbus 21, Kiss. Osceola 17

badrouter

On 8/30/2019 at 10:03 PM, badrouter said:

Good win for Columbus over one of the top 8A teams. 

Osceola has started slow both weeks. Once again they dominated the 2nd half this week against Columbus, just couldn't pull this one out.

Columbus RB Parrish (I think is his name) is the real deal!

Hopefully Osceola can get off to a better start next week at Cocoa.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

This is understandable given how badly you were beaten in this thread.

Everyone just has to remind when I beat you so bad you put me on ignore

I wear that as a badge of honor that I was able to do Los better than Los could and had you scared and running

I can beat you in a normal debate and I can beat you in a asshole challenge if that's what you prefer, I'm your kryptonite boy band

19 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Actually, I have me winning this debate. Score at last check was 33-20, though calpreps still says 33-22.

😂

Also, understandable.

I mean you did have yourself winning another championship because of a win over a bad team in September one time.

Only to lose 56-7.

Which is, strangely, the score of this thread but in my favor.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Also, understandable.

I mean you did have yourself winning another championship because of a win over a bad team in September one time.

Only to lose 56-7.

Which is, strangely, the score of this thread but in my favor.

We're outside of the 10 year window on that. That result has been expunged from my record. Thank you.

Another rough week for The Plan.

Lakeland trailed early in the game and didn't even put a running clock on George Jenkins.

And then there were these results for Lakeland "connections":

South Dade 21, Columbus 14

Braden River 26, Manatee 14

Palmetto 34, Hialeah 13

St. Frances 64, American Collegiate 0

Ridge 19, Kathleen 9

😄

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Lakeland trailed early in the game and didn't even put a running clock on George Jenkins.

Meet George Jenkins ... Jane, his wife.  :)  

South Dade's first W vs. Columbus in 6 years.   BTW next.   Keep Restrepo at QB and maybe DFB would win 8A lol.  

image.thumb.png.84f6452cc1888c2ca4f64949f5eb5d62.png

Braden River 26, Manatee 14   0-3 start in 2019, the Guru must be upset :)  

Palmetto 34, Hialeah 13 

Ridge 19, Kathleen 9

😄

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Braden River 26, Manatee 14   0-3 start in 2019, the Guru must be upset

I'm crushed.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of human beings.

I was told, though, that the Manatee game might end up being significant.

🤡

On 6/6/2019 at 10:46 PM, badrouter said:

The game at Manatee may end up being significant; we don't know what 2019 Manatee will be.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

Braden River 26, Manatee 14

Palmetto 34, Hialeah 13

Ridge 19, Kathleen 9

😄

Nothing significant happened, though.

Columbus and Osceola remain among the top teams in 8A; South Dade is clearly a top team, too.

Lakeland did all they could do to Manatee: completely destroy them with a running clock seconds into the 2nd half.

American Collegiate trailed Lakeland 49-0 at halftime, and St. Frances 58-0 at half. Making distinctions with games that are THAT absurdly lopsided is silly. 

Hialeah and Kathleen weren't going to be viewed as quality opponents anyway.

As for Lakeland's game last night it's hard to say. I couldn't watch the game. The first half appears to be rather dreadful for Lakeland. But, that might be able to be expected given they weren't able to practice either Tuesday or Wednesday due to school closures and Dorian. But, I conceded in another thread they better get MUCH sharper for the Plant City game (not to mention the playoffs) and that it is time to bring back the starting QB. Teams have compiled enough game film to recgnize tendencies and limitations of the soph backup who's been playing all season.

27 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I'm crushed.

Couldn't happen to a nice group of human beings.

I was told, though, that the Manatee game might end up being significant.

🤡

I think I saw you comment somewhere else about being humble enough to recognize you don't know how the future will play out. At the date of quote, we couldn't know what to expect from Manatee. We knew they had a long, proud history of success and that they had 17 returning starters. And now it looks like we know they have a mediocre coaching staff.

8 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Nothing significant happened, though.

Preseason: Plant City is terribly underrated! Manatee has been an elite program! Superior Collegiate, uh, I mean, American Collegiate is IMG-lite! Osceola is one of the top teams in 8A!

Now: Nothing significant. Nothing to see here.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Lakeland did all they could do to Manatee: completely destroy them with a running clock seconds into the 2nd half.

But they scheduled them in the first place. Which is the entire point, chief.

What's more is that you blew them in the preseason to make them seem like something other than a complete joke.

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, badrouter said:

American Collegiate trailed Lakeland 49-0 at halftime, and St. Frances 58-0 at half. Making distinctions with games that are THAT absurdly lopsided is silly.

I didn't make a distinction at all.

Both teams destroyed them because they absolutely suck. You claimed that they were IMG-lite and had some studs.

Again, the issue is that Lakeland scheduled them and then you blew them in the preseason.

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Hialeah and Kathleen weren't going to be viewed as quality opponents anyway.

🤡

On 6/13/2019 at 10:53 PM, badrouter said:

A couple of teams on the schedule were better than what most here will give them credit for because they aren't from South Florida or play OOS. Plant City has/had a good amount of talent and went 9-2, losing by 5 to a good Braden River team in the playoffs. Bloomingdale went 11-2 and led at Venice at halftime of the 3rd round of playoffs. Manatee knocked off Kissimmee Osceola on the road in the playoffs. Hialeah went 9-2 and was in the playoffs. None of these teams would qualify as particularly impressive wins I will grant you. But there are several pretty good teams that have enough talent to beat a lot of the slapdicks that can be found in states like Indiana and Kansas (which has a team ranked ahead of Lakeland by Nedboy).

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I think I saw you comment somewhere else about being humble enough to recognize you don't know how the future will play out. At the date of quote, we couldn't know what to expect from Manatee. We knew they had a long, proud history of success and that they had 17 returning starters. And now it looks like we know they have a mediocre coaching staff.

I did know about Manatee. I said we have to be humble about teams that we don't know about. I don't know enough about Valor Christian. But I do know a ton about Manatee.

They blew last year. They blow now. Their coach is horrible. The program is in shambles.

I knew they had a poor coaching staff the day they were hired.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I didn't make a distinction at all.

Both teams destroyed them because they absolutely suck. You claimed that they were IMG-lite and had some studs.

Again, the issue is that Lakeland scheduled them and then you blew them in the preseason.

I said they are trying to be IMG and have been classified the same way, as a sports academy not eligible for playoffs. They do have a couple studs. Keyvonne Lee is a 4* back committed to Penn State and they have a couple other good skill players. They have a Pop Warner OL though and generally suck on D, and not in the gay way.