Cedar Grove def Valor Christian 27-17

ATLien12x

Small schools streamed tonight! (Except you Valor who apparently won’t schedule anything other than a 3A) 

Greater Atlanta Christian (GA) hosts Prestenwood Christian (TX) tonight at 7:30. Two good small schools (non champions) in a rematch of last year’s 13-7 PC win. Streamed for free at www.thesuvtv.com 

Cedar Grove (GA) at Valor Christian (CO) tonight at 9pm eastern on twitter @FNSLive. Just search Friday Night Stripes - This is the 3A champion in Georgia vs Colorado’s 5A champion (highest class) Really looking forward to this one just seeing how they stack up

• Like 1

Cedar Grove will win by 3 plus touchdowns and they should. Colorado football is way down on the food chain. The teams always find some of worst teams they can find around the country because they can’t compete nationally. When they do step it up from the gimme games they largely are uncompetitive. 

It’s not a knock the state is just not built to compete on a national level. 

The other game will be a lot better 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Cedar Grove is my 10 on the confidence level. They gonna represent JAWJA tonight well

Cedar Grove is one of those teams that strengthen the argument that Georgia is pound for pound the best state in the country. 

Georgia has some 2A and 3A  that will run and sometimes beat some out-of-state larger class teams. 

If you lined up teams solely on enrollment only I think Georgia  would come out on top over Florida, Texas, Cali etc

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I have no idea about Valor Christian this year.

Cedar Grove will have an athletic advantage but I doubt they go out to Colorado and beat Valor Christian worse than they did Hapeville Charter.

Jeff Foxworthy Charter is pretty good for a small team. Better than NFC and Jax UC for similar comparisons. 

I didn’t say CG was a national powerhouse. I said pound for pound they are one of the best 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I thought you said in another thread don’t just look at the scoreboard? 

Context matters.

If you're trying to judge elite teams, you need to watch the games.

If a team beats Hapeville Charter, 26-16, then there's practically no context in existence that mitigates that result.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Maybe they did enough to win because they had the defending 7A bama champ the next week and wanted everyone for fresh? 

More proof that they're not any good.

So they "pull back" against Hapeville Charter and are only good enough to win by 10 and then they still lose the next week.

Valor christian is a good program. Yall are underestimating the type of athletes se they can find in a city of 100k that is also within 45 mins of denver and 1 hour of Colorado springs lol. Thats an area of like 3 million they get to choose from with not alot of other schools to compete with for athletes. Im sure the best athletes in that area are willing to drive 45 mins to go there. I say valor in a close one if they can keep popping out with mccafreys lol

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

More proof that they're not any good.

So they "pull back" against Hapeville Charter and are only good enough to win by 10 and then they still lose the next week.

Cedar Grove has 1,090 students. I think that puts them at 4A in Florida. They would be the number 1 team in 1A-4A Florida. 

Enrollment wise they are a top team. If you factor in transferred up teams and teams with 5,000 kids then they slide down a lot. 

Pound for pound baby. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Cedar Grove is one of those teams that strengthen the argument that Georgia is pound for pound the best state in the country. 

Georgia has some 2A and 3A  that will run and sometimes beat some out-of-state larger class teams. 

If you lined up teams solely on enrollment only I think Georgia  would come out on top over Florida, Texas, Cali etc

Don't sleep on ELCA either. Yes, they're 1A, but they'd still put in work against some oos teams from larger classes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1