Notre dame spring game

Mjd33

So I must admit I recorded this mostly to watch Brandon wimbush but lot of players on notable HS programs going to make big impact this season for the Irish. 

Brandon had a solid day (Bish grade) but did throw 2 picks (the second def his fault while the first was bounced off mack's body) He threw into some tight windows and had few decent runs despite the red jersey one hand touch rule. It's hard to completely evaluate a player like Brandon with a red jersey on because his mobility is so much part of his effectiveness. Brandon was also up against the ones on D all day while backup (who had great day) played against the 2s all day. 

Tony Jones from img will be their bruising running back while the other two in the mix are more speed and finesse backs. Jones is going to run a lot of dbs over this year when he gets past first and second level. Kid runs hard. 

Javon McKinley from corona C was still in red jersey playing with the 2s but he will be in the 1 mix in the fall. He had a few nice grabs. I think he broke his leg early last year so that's tough injury to come back from but his talent is elite always liked him (although he never played his best against dls) 

Two Ohio linemen looking to become staters w kraemer (elder) and liechenburg (st ignatius). Kraemer prob closer to starting role than Liam. 

Brown from servite made few nice plays as he will be one of Brandon's top targets. 

Alize Mack (formerly Alize Jones from bishop Gorman) will be one of the top receiving tight ends in the country. Kid is a tremendous mismatch on lbs and Dbs. Notre dame has officially become tight end U and he will be another first round pick at that position following tons of guys like fasano, Rudolph, Carlson, eifert, and Nicklas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

So I must admit I recorded this mostly to watch Brandon wimbush but lot of players on notable HS programs going to make big impact this season for the Irish. 

Brandon had a solid day (Bish grade) but did throw 2 picks (the second def his fault while the first was bounced off mack's body) He threw into some tight windows and had few decent runs despite the red jersey one hand touch rule. It's hard to completely evaluate a player like Brandon with a red jersey on because his mobility is so much part of his effectiveness. Brandon was also up against the ones on D all day while backup (who had great day) played against the 2s all day. 

Tony Jones from img will be their bruising running back while the other two in the mix are more speed and finesse backs. Jones is going to run a lot of dbs over this year when he gets past first and second level. Kid runs hard. 

Javon McKinley from corona C was still in red jersey playing with the 2s but he will be in the 1 mix in the fall. He had a few nice grabs. I think he broke his leg early last year so that's tough injury to come back from but his talent is elite always liked him (although he never played his best against dls) 

Two Ohio linemen looking to become staters w kraemer (elder) and liechenburg (st ignatius). Kraemer prob closer to starting role than Liam. 

Brown from servite made few nice plays as he will be one of Brandon's top targets. 

Alize Mack (formerly Alize Jones from bishop Gorman) will be one of the top receiving tight ends in the country. Kid is a tremendous mismatch on lbs and Dbs. Notre dame has officially become tight end U and he will be another first round pick at that position following tons of guys like fasano, Rudolph, Carlson, eifert, and Nicklas. 

Stop drinking the kool-aide. As long as Kelley is still coaching this is a 3/4/5 loss team and will be status quo.

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

Stop drinking the kool-aide. As long as Kelley is still coaching this is a 3/4/5 loss team and will be status quo.

Lol. Who do you think less of Hansen at spp or Brian Kelly? 

Nd will be good on offense. I'm more concerned w their defense. 

7 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Lol. Who do you think less of Hansen at spp or Brian Kelly? 

Nd will be good on offense. I'm more concerned w their defense. 

I said from day one that Kelly was hired this was a bad fit. If I'm ND AD Kelly has to win 10 games minimum or he's gone. I doubt JS has the balls to do that unless they have another disaster like last year. And the crap football continues.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

I said from day one that Kelly was hired this was a bad fit. If I'm ND AD Kelly has to win 10 games minimum or he's gone. I doubt JS has the balls to do that unless they have another disaster like last year. And the crap football continues.

Who should of ND gone after the year they hired Kelly? And who would you want them to get if Kelly is fired at the end of this year? 

29 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Who should of ND gone after the year they hired Kelly? And who would you want them to get if Kelly is fired at the end of this year? 

So in other words let's take the one that we think is the best of the second tier coaches. Or there was nobody else to take so let's take Kelly?

15 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

So in other words let's take the one that we think is the best of the second tier coaches. Or there was nobody else to take so let's take Kelly?

Kelly took cincy to a bcs game year before nd. Not an easy task. 

But you didn't answer ... who would you if targeted than and who would you go after following this season to replace Kelly? 

Lets hear some names. 

33 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Kelly took cincy to a bcs game year before nd. Not an easy task. 

But you didn't answer ... who would you if targeted than and who would you go after following this season to replace Kelly? 

Lets hear some names. 

Like I said then and said now Cincy is nothing compared to ND. There are more press at an ND game than there are in the stands at Cincy. Plus the way he left Cincy showed a lot about him. I offer whoever is what I perceive to be the best coach is at the time and pay him huge money or at least offer him. My wildcard pick would be either Gruden or Bill Cowher who I think is a perfect fit for ND. Could care less if he has college experience or not. If I'm going after a must be former college coach and can not get Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh etc I'm going after Bob Stoops or David Shaw and opening the pocketbook.     

30 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

My wildcard pick would be either Gruden or Bill Cowher who I think is a perfect fit for ND

Never understand why people bring up gruden's name. He hasn't coached in 8 or 9 years from a job he was fired from.  He Hasn't coached college in nearly 30 years when he was the receivers coach at university of pacific. He has a cushy job w no stress on espn making plenty of Money. He's not going to go from making Corona commercials w college skanks to the sidelines at south bend to one of, if not the most, stressful coaching job in the country. 

Cowher ... an even bigger statistical improbability. 

Shaw would only leave Stanford for head coaching job in Nfl. 

Little game bob ... no thanks. 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Never understand why people bring up gruden's name. He hasn't coached in 8 or 9 years from a job he was fired from.  He Hasn't coached college in nearly 30 years when he was the receivers coach at university of pacific. He has a cushy job w no stress on espn making plenty of Money. He's not going to go from making Corona commercials w college skanks to the sidelines at south bend to one of, if not the most, stressful coaching job in the country. 

Cowher ... an even bigger statistical improbability. 

Shaw would only leave Stanford for head coaching job in Nfl. 

Little game bob ... no thanks. 

Well since you have everything all figured out stay with your buddy BK and accept these 3/4/5 loss seasons every year. 

2 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Well since you have everything all figured out stay with your buddy BK and accept these 3/4/5 loss seasons every year. 

I'm just saying Kelly is a better coach than you give him credit. And I don't think you understand how its more difficult to win in south bend now than the late 80s-90s. NDs big advantage years ago was they were on TV every week..... now everybody is. Further, there's recruits out there that the nd coaches can't sniff because they have higher academic requirements than most universities. The Weather isn't a great sell as well compared to other places in this country. Social life better at other universities ... better looking girls at most schools. The list goes on ..... 

How the hell can you say he's a better coach than I give him credit? Just look at his record. And tell me how does Shaw win at a high level at Stanford which has higher academic standards than ND? ND fans continue to come up with the same excuses year after year. The bottom line is the administration could care less anymore about football. Look at their past hires from Faust to present day. 1 good coach. As long as they are taking in huge amounts of $ they are set.

16 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Imagine your surprise when UGA KICKS DAT ASS in South Bend!

14 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

How the hell can you say he's a better coach than I give him credit? Just look at his record. And tell me how does Shaw win at a high level at Stanford which has higher academic standards than ND? ND fans continue to come up with the same excuses year after year. The bottom line is the administration could care less anymore about football. Look at their past hires from Faust to present day. 1 good coach. As long as they are taking in huge amounts of $ they are set.

Stanford is high academia?xD They recruited WINSTON! WE SKRONG, you SKRONG, everybody SKRONG!

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Stanford is high academia?xD They recruited WINSTON! WE SKRONG, you SKRONG, everybody SKRONG!

Stanford is a rival to the East Coast Ivies.... 

Stanford isnt some Joe Shmoe We accept anyone type of school.... 

*Cough cough*Kansas State (99.9%) acceptance rate.... 

Granted not a lot of people apply there.... 

Ian Book was superb.  I saw the first half of the game and really liked him.  http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/notre-dame-spring-game-standouts-brandon-wimbush-ian-book-daelin-hayes-dexter-williams-drue-tranquill/14y2ial6oztxt1f59hedp6vu11 He was 17 for 22 for 277 yards and the Irish gold team scored on all four of their first posessions.

As far as I am concerned, based on the spring game, Notre Dame has a very real qb controversy.

Rabid, Stanford is one of the best universities in the United States.

3 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Ian Book was superb.  I saw the first half of the game and really liked him.  http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/notre-dame-spring-game-standouts-brandon-wimbush-ian-book-daelin-hayes-dexter-williams-drue-tranquill/14y2ial6oztxt1f59hedp6vu11 He was 17 for 22 for 277 yards and the Irish gold team scored on all four of their first posessions.

As far as I am concerned, based on the spring game, Notre Dame has a very real qb controversy.

Rabid, Stanford is one of the best universities in the United States.

He was up against the 2's all day. No controversy as Kelly has said wimbush is the guy.