ATL...Bama

954gator

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

G-Day was amazing in Athens !!!!

One of the most incredible stats was...most everybody made it thru the game without problems with sleep apnea.

And as far as the Dawg O-Line....well......

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

Speak for yourownself! If you liked G-Day, you must be an aficionado of MASSIVE PASSING by the secondary, with 600 plus yards surrendered to the two young guns! And there were a BUNCHA dropsies!

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

G-Day was amazing in Athens !!!!

One of the most incredible stats was...most everybody made it thru the game without problems with sleep apnea.

And as far as the Dawg O-Line....well......

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

The O Line? you gots six on the way, weighing in at 320-355lbs!

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Jeudy and Harris are part of the next wave of great players at Bama. Offense is loaded and will be one of the best of the Saban era. This team overall is young, but extremely talented. 

Yeah and Bama already had the electric Calvin Ridley.   Those two Broward guys on the outside are going to be nasty if the passing game gets better.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah and Bama already had the electric Calvin Ridley.   Those two Broward guys on the outside are going to be nasty if the passing game gets better.

If Hurts continues to improve his passing (which so far he has), and the OL comes together, this offense will be ridiculous. The depth at RB is historic. Scarborough, Najee Harris, Damien Harris, Jay Jacobs, BJ Emmons, and there's another 5 star freshman in there too. And of course there's Ridley, Jeudy, and Foster at the WRs spots. This isn't even taking into account Hurts' downfield running ability when plays break down (this dynamic proved critical at times in certain games last year). 

By far the most talented offense ever at Bama. However, the amount of talent means nothing if there's little chemistry and cohesiveness. But I really like Daboll's style of coming back to mismatches. His NFL element that he has brought to Hurts and the offense will be a game changer when it is all said and done. 

The defense on the other hand I can't say too much about. They played vanilla and there's not much you can draw from that. I do like Diggs at corner with his size. He has work to do but he can become an asset in the secondary. He will come in handy if we face another Mike Williams-type receiver. How good this defense will be, who knows. But I can tell you this will be another fast unit like last year. 

Could be a historically great team, or another 2014 team. Better or worse. We'll see. 

If this O line gets it together, could be an offense of epic proportions. I can almost foresee a dual QB offense in the near future. Whats scary is, the second team O line played as well and at times better than the 1st team.

DB's will be the weak link on D....again. 

• Like 1

Alabama has 3 to 4 Louisiana kids in the mix to start, I believe...or see plenty of playing time.

Will be interesting to see what LB Dylan Moses (Baton Rouge) can do as a true freshman,

"Another one of Alabama’s promising young players, the five-star freshman from Louisiana has already established himself as a freak athlete with big potential.

At 6-foot-3, 235 pounds, Moses had one of the top 40 times on the team during the Tide’s spring testing, a 4.46. He also bench-pressed 405 pounds, squatted 500 pounds and was tied for second on the team with a 335-pound power clean."

alabama-football-2017-spring-practice-04-3e3df4f357aff1a1.jpg

• Like 1