The Not Your Fathers West Monroe vs Evangel Thread

westbankeagle

This game used to be against nationally ranked programs, sometimes featuring both teams being in the top 10-15 nationally when played. While the current iteration this Friday is between two slightly above average teams currently struggling, it's a rivalry game and should be fun. This matchup has been a 5A state title game 4 times with Evangel winning all 4. 

Prediction: Evangel 14-WM 17

Nolebull rule: Only 1 mean comment about LA per day allowed. Please use wisely.

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

This game used to be against nationally ranked programs, sometimes featuring both teams being in the top 10-15 nationally when played. While the current iteration this Friday is between two slightly above average teams currently struggling, it's a rivalry game and should be fun. This matchup has been a 5A state title game 4 times with Evangel winning all 4. 

Prediction: Evangel 14-WM 17

Nolebull rule: Only 1 mean comment about LA per day allowed. Please use wisely.

Ok here goes.......

”The beat goes on, and the beatings go on for the irrelevant Louisiana high school football. Longview traveled to Independence Stadium to take on West Monroe, and you would think they we’re playing on Eastern Washington’s red field with all the blood stains Zachary left when they were obliterated 53-0 by Deerfield Beach,FL. 

Longview continued the century “Long” tradition of Texas teams dismantling their pathetic neighbors to the East. Longview beat West Monroe by double digits, and played a little vanilla just to play it safe for when the real football starts next week. Longview treated WM like a little brother you slap around just hard enough to show them who’s superior, but not make them cry. 

Evangel. Man, you know it’s bad when you let teams from Arkansas skull dent you dropping 46points in the process. I think Arkansas has finally unseated Louisiana as the second best state bordering Texas, trailing only Oklahoma. 

Louisiana is flirting with the cellar with New Mexico making up a lot of ground on them. 

Evangel vs WM is the Losers bracket game of the week. 

Better be a good game. Followers from Las Cruces to Albuquerque will be watching.”

This is the game I've been waiting for...  just like the old days and I really thought it would never happen again.

These 2 teams have much respect for each other, but make no mistake, they don't like each other very much

Eagles are supposed to have another hotshot QB and LV gave them the blueprint to contain my Rebs--big question is do they have the horses

should be a good crowd and a good game!

got pretty ugly toward the end...  pretty obvious these 2 teams don't like each other.  Evangel got quite a few "To God be the glory" (couldn't read their lips but I'm sure that's what they were saying 😉) penalties toward the end

Haven't seen the Eagles play in a while, pretty typical with a talented QB and athletic receivers (just like ECA of old)...  but I was pretty shocked with their overall numbers.  What's going on over there, they used to have as many or more players than WM.  Tonight it looked like maybe 60 and several guys going both ways...  caught up with them in the 2nd half

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reb72 said:

got pretty ugly toward the end...  pretty obvious these 2 teams don't like each other.  Evangel got quite a few "To God be the glory" (couldn't read their lips but I'm sure that's what they were saying 😉) penalties toward the end

Haven't seen the Eagles play in a while, pretty typical with a talented QB and athletic receivers (just like ECA of old)...  but I was pretty shocked with their overall numbers.  What's going on over there, they used to have as many or more players than WM.  Tonight it looked like maybe 60 and several guys going both ways...  caught up with them in the 2nd half

Changing of the guard.

Players are staying at surrounding schools (I mean Captain Shreve is a serious threat to win 1-5A and Byrd is WINLESS...What does that tell you Reb?)

Also...average coaching.  

The name brand is slowly losing it's appeal.

• Sad 1