Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency

TheRealCAJ

THE PERFECT STORM

Unfortunately for everyone involved, the Louisiana coast is the eye of a perfect storm for land loss caused by multiple factors, including climate change, natural river delta patterns, damage from oil and gas industry projects, coastal changes caused by the loss of marsh and mangrove ecosystems, and hydrological mismanagement in general. With all of these factors in play, one of the worst problems becomes managing the crisis as each player in the drama seeks to avoid responsibility and shift the blame elsewhere.

new-orleans-wetlands-disappearing.jpg.650x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

THE PERFECT STORM

Unfortunately for everyone involved, the Louisiana coast is the eye of a perfect storm for land loss caused by multiple factors, including climate change, natural river delta patterns, damage from oil and gas industry projects, coastal changes caused by the loss of marsh and mangrove ecosystems, and hydrological mismanagement in general. With all of these factors in play, one of the worst problems becomes managing the crisis as each player in the drama seeks to avoid responsibility and shift the blame elsewhere.

new-orleans-wetlands-disappearing.jpg.650x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

These issues could be minimized if you morons didn't have an affinity to build cities below sea level!

As an aside, since you girls have declared Nawlins a Sanctuary City, don't come crying to Trump for Federal assistance!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

These issues could be minimized if you morons didn't have an affinity to build cities below sea level!

As an aside, since you girls have declared Nawlins a Sanctuary City, don't come crying to Trump for Federal assistance!

Don't crazy things happen when you build below sea level? I say it's GWBs fault. 

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Since you are making me choose....the wall all day. Screw Cajun and his racist ass.

Lol.  That's the spirit.  Seriously, what about the other folks.  

It looks like such a big job and like swimming upstream that you could spend billions just trying to slow it down.  But you have to try right?  

Just now, World Citizen said:

Lol.  That's the spirit.  Seriously, what about the other folks.  

It looks like such a big job and like swimming upstream that you could spend billions just trying to slow it down.  But you have to try right?  

honestly I don't know enough about it. What has the state done to fix the problem? I know during Katrina the state and a lot of people ignored the warnings and stayed put. Then tried to blame Busch for the mess. I agree the slow response by President Bush didn't help. However the people who ignored the frigging warnings are just as much to blame.

As for a frigging wall? Seriously some stupid shit. We need to ID our borders and strengthen them for sure. I don't think a damn wall will do it.

• Like 1