Sammy....We're Still Tier 5

Rufus69

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I just wanted to make it clear.  Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs.  Now...if we can find a way to beat Alcovy next week (Homecoming)....we'll talk again.

Until then....Sakes Alive; We're Tier 5

Rufus>>

Tier 6 possibly, y’all still Lost to ValDookie

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I just wanted to make it clear.  Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs.  Now...if we can find a way to beat Alcovy next week (Homecoming)....we'll talk again.

Until then....Sakes Alive; We're Tier 5

Rufus>>

LOL!  Not after the great win this week Rufus!  I SEE YOU!

Congrats!  Glad to see the new coach having success

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL!  Not after the great win this week Rufus!  I SEE YOU!

Congrats!  Glad to see the new coach having success

The Blackhats showed up big time...and the offense was rolling.  We had a good game plan and our execution was spot on.  If we can keep our guys healthy...we might...and I said MIGHT...could make a run at Tier 4.

We can dream....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Rufus,

You`er an old school sandbagger extraordinaire......!!!!!!   That was a very impressive win for the CC mighty mites.......I have Lowendes #1...You guys # 2 and Mc Earchen # 3....pardon my misspelling !!!!

I have...

Lowndes and McEachern - co-No.1's

Marietta No.3

Camden No.4

Archer No.5

Buford No.6

Valdosta No.7

Colquitt No.8

North Gwinnett No.9

Grayson No.10

Rufus>>

Rufus,

GA. seems more balanced this year and stronger over-all then last year.....Low may be on top ..but 5-6 teams are nipping at their heels....More wide open than last year. It seems like CC has settled in with their new coach.....I always thought that CC was a bit tightly wound with Rush...they seem more focused and relaxed now.

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

Rufus,

GA. seems more balanced this year and stronger over-all then last year.....Low may be on top ..but 5-6 teams are nipping at their heels....More wide open than last year. It seems like CC has settled in with their new coach.....I always thought that CC was a bit tightly wound with Rush...they seem more focused and relaxed now.

If Colquitt can solidify their defense...and we've made some strides in our schemes...and defensive philosophy....we could end up making a run in the AAAAAAA playoffs.  To be honest...I hadn't been all that positive about our new defensive guru thru the first 4 games.  Especially the Valdosta game.  No Packer team I've ever known that has put up 49 points in regulation play has ever lost.  That's simply not Packer football.  We did that in Valdosta.  But last night against Grayson...we were ready to play.  We had a great game plan and our Blackhats were coached up.  If we can continue down this avenue...we have the offense and special teams to hurt a few teams' feelings.

To add to your comments....Justin is definitely more of a laid back guy than Rush was.  He has a few different ideas about things.  Some are naturally good and some will have to prove themselves out.  I like this team...if we can solve a few issues that come about due to youth (mostly on the O-Line).  Lot of football left out there to be played. Colquitt has played (5) opponents...and their records as of tonight are...

North Gwinnett     4-1

Thomasville     2-3

Valdosta     5-1

Warner Robins     4-1

Grayson     4-1

That's not too shabby.  We have a ways to go...but...I got faith.  I'm looking Tier 4 straight in the eye...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The boys are starting to mesh pretty well, and against a very good Grayson team.  This was a big victory for the new staff. 

It's easy to forget this staff just got put together in April/May. 

Pretty amazing in the grand scheme really. I suspect we will make some noise the rest of the year. 

The really biggest difference was having some of our big defensive players back. The bright side of that is, the younger guys that are behind those guys got some full speed reps while they were down. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

It's easy to forget this staff just got put together in April/May. 

Pretty amazing in the grand scheme really. I suspect we will make some noise the rest of the year. 

The really biggest difference was having some of our big defensive players back. The bright side of that is, the younger guys that are behind those guys got some full speed reps while they were down. 

Thanks for the video I was looking to see how they compared to SJR and my conclusion was favorable.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Thanks for the video I was looking to see how they compared to SJR and my conclusion was favorable.

The better video is the full game/just the plays video that Atlien posted. 

The one I just posted is great because of a little documentation of the coach/team interaction at halftime and after the game. Very good stuff in that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The better video is the full game/just the plays video that Atlien posted. 

The one I just posted is great because of a little documentation of the coach/team interaction at halftime and after the game. Very good stuff in that. 

I am surprised how fast the program seems to have recovered from the Rush expulsion.  For such a disruptive event, the new staff and kids don't seem to have missed a beat.  I am happy for the players, program and fans.  Good stuff.

Georgia HS football is always more compelling when Colquitt is in the mix.....and so is the National landscape.

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I am surprised how fast the program seems to have recovered from the Rush expulsion.  For such a disruptive event, the new staff and kids don't seem to have missed a beat.  I am happy for the players, program and fans.  Good stuff.

Georgia HS football is always more compelling when Colquitt is in the mix.....and so is the National landscape.

The fact of the matter is, no one was left a choice. Lol. 

It was either get to work doing what they do or fold up shop. I've never seen any quit in the kids. The adults, well, that was a little tougher decision for many. That's understandable. 

For the most part,  this community grew tighter together rather than falling apart. Have to give some credit to Coach Rogers and his staff in coming with the right message. That is commendable and it's showing up in the product on the field. 

• Like 1