A look at Desoto HS Track and Field

DevilDog

Highly overrated track program........

In Texas, Desoto can dominate a state meet by winning a couple relay sprints and placing one guy in the long jump or something.

Baton Rouge Catholic is the total track program!

Both Desoto and Baton Rouge Catholic won state last year in their respective states....only Desoto ain't winning Louisiana with a couple relay teams.

52 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Good stuff. Relays always get me pumped!

Again the La nut jumps in with no concept of the competition that Desoto faces in Texas that La. doesn't offer. You can run a damn 41:00 flat and not even get out of your regionals in Texas or run a 10:6 100m and stay home. That would not happen in La. They would be more dominate because the competition is way below what they face in Texas.  Unreal.  Catholic B.R. would not win individual field and running events in Texas and get killed in the Relays. So how the hell would they win State here.

Desoto vs. B.R. Catholic Head to Head in Track lets see if they are overrated against the best all around track program in America B.R. Catholic.  LOL

Based on this year so far the best times or results in each event by both Schools. I will use the top 3 times and field events 

Desoto Destroys this damn Team in the Running events Winning 9 of 12 running events and the depth is even worse.  

100m dash Desoto has 15 kids running under 11.48a LMAO

Desoto                                                                 B.R. Catholic

1. 12  Frederic Williams 10.60a                            1. 11 Seth Hollier 10.81a

2. 10  Donovan Smith 10.74a                                2.  12 Kam Cummings 11.27a

3. 10  Dawaylon Bailey 10.81 a                             3.  9 Ebenezer Aggrey 11.58a  That looks like a Desoto Girls time :P

200M Dash  Desoto has 11 kids running under 24:00 LMAO

1. 12  Frederic Williams 21.97a                             1.  11 Sethan Hollier 21.82a   

2. 12  Charles Butler 21.99a                                    2.  9 Ebenezer Aggrey 23.18

3. 10  Zavian Goodman 22.04a                               3.  11 Sheldon Dyer 24.60 Again Desoto Girls Time :D

400 Meters  Desoto has 10 kids faster than Tyrell Jackson >:( 

1. 12  Cameron Neely 47.09a                                  1.  11 Tyrell Jackson 50.53a

2. 12  QuiVell Jordan 47.62a                                    2.  10 DJ Butler 51.59

3. 10  Kevin Modesto 47.93a

800 Meters  Desoto has 4 kids faster than Brian Miller xD

1. 11  Carson Traylor 1:57.84a                                  1. 10 Brian Miller 2:00.78a

2. 11  Vittorio Adeagbo 1:58.92                                2. 12 Mathew Howell 2:00.88a

1600 Meters   great you have slow kids that can run the Metric Mile

1. 11  Carson Traylor 4:39.73a                                    1.  12 Harold Miller 4:30:18a 

2. 12  Xavier Manderson 4:55.94                                2.  10  Collin Hedges 4:31:57a

3200 Meters                                                              

1. 11  Carson Traylor 10:41.48a                            1.  12 Thomas Laville 9:50.76a

2. 12  Xavier Manderson 11:00.79a                            2.    10 James LaLond 10:08:56

3. 11  Dylan Gordon 11:07.95a                                    3.   12 Caleb Dugas 10:10:43a

110m Hurdles - 39"

1. 12  QuiVell Jordan 13.95aw                                      1.   12 Kam Cummings 14.05a                                

2. 12  Cameron Carson 16.05a                                      2.    11 Vernon Langley 15.33a

300m Hurdles - 36"

1. 12  QuiVell Jordan 37.55a                                          1.  12 Kam Cummings 38.70a                                     

2. 11  Vittorio Adeagbo 41.57a                                      2.  12 Cade Rounds 41.46a

3. 12  Cameron Carson 41.91a                                       3.  10 Sayer Sauviac 43.02a

4x100 Relay They have ran 8 teams under 43.14

Desoto 40.76a                                                                  B.R. Catholic 44.25a  That will not win 2A in Texas

4x200 Relay  

Desoto  1:25:34a                                                              B.R. Catholic 1:28:79a   This is 3A stuff    

4x400 Relay

Desoto  3:11.53a                                                                  B.R. Catholic 3:18:84a  good time that will get you smoked here.  

4x800 Relay an event we don't even run lol

Desoto 8:08.32a                                                                          B.R. Catholic 8:09:39a

Since I just proved how much of a joke B.R. Catholic is compared to Desoto.  Let's see what they do in the field events.  They would not win most Districts here more or less State.  But Desoto is overrated winning State in the Biggest class in arguably the Best Track and Field State.

Damn lets hope they do better :P That Kam Cummings kid is a one man show in L.A. He gets dominated by Desoto let alone the other kids in the State.

This was time I can never get back.  Desoto would destroy this damn team in Track and field.  

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/EventRecords.aspx?SchoolID=18307

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/EventRecords.aspx?SchoolID=4983

DESOTO WINS 4 OF 6 FIELD EVENTS HEAD TO HEAD.  AND THE DEPTH IS EVEN MORE OF A JOKE

Shot Put - 12lb                                                                                       B.R. Catholic

1. 12  Wesley Green 51' 4.00                                                               1.  12 Zach Tom 56'5.00 

2. 12  Xavier Newman 49' 6.00                                                            2.  11 Tyler Hendricks 49'1.50

3. 11  Tyler Jackson 48' 3.00 

Discus - 1.6kg

1. 12  Wesley Green 146' 6.00                                                    1. 12 London Lewis 147'7.00    

2. 12  Kemonte Yow 145' 4.00                                                                2.  12 Matthew Berdon 146'9.00

High Jump  

1. 11  Byron Hanspard 6' 8.00                                                                 1.  12 Zach Majoria 5'10.00

2. 12  Darius Prescott 6' 4.00                                                                   2.  10 Jay Arcemon 5'8.00

Pole Vault

1. 12  Cameron Carson 13' 0.00                                                              1.  10 Jared Sapia 12'9.00    

2. 10  Dante Wordlaw 10' 0.00                                                                2.  11 Paul Cassisa 12'600

Long Jump Desoto has 5 kids over 21'6.50

1. 12  Frederic Williams 24' 8.50                                                              1.  12 Kam Cummings  21'3.50 

2. 12  Devin Mungro 23' 1.50                                                                    2.  11 Vernon Langley  20'3.00

Triple Jump Desoto has 7 kids over 40'5.25

1. 12  Darius Prescott 48' 7.00                                                                   1.  12 Kam Cummings 44'5.00

2. 12  Devin Mungro 46' 11.75                                                                   2.  12 Zach Majoria 38'2.75

As a side note Desoto Girls 4x100 45.5  vs La. Boys  Archbishop Rummel 45.95 ran in their district meet. This is the type of Competition B.R Catholic dominates.  Damn joke

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Great documentary. Alexis Duncan is one bad young lady! And the young man coming up lame in the relay at the state championship was heart breaking but it set the table for an amazing finish for Desoto in the team points. Good stuff.

That kid is a a football stud going to Colorado.  That is the kid that Texasball and I have been discussing that haven't ran much at all this year.   His name is London Dunn he has ran 1 meet that I remember to begin the season running a 10.86.  Which is the 5th slowest time on their team. Much depth there for sure. 

4 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Both Desoto and Baton Rouge Catholic won state last year in their respective states....only Desoto ain't winning Louisiana with a couple relay teams.

Desoto at the 5A Louisiana State Meet last year (2016)....based off results from both state meets (Athletic.net)

Texas

Louisiana

Scoring 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1

100 Meters: Baton Rouge Catholic 10 pts Desoto 0 (surprising)

200 Meters: Baton Rouge Catholic 8 pts Desoto 0

400 Meters: Baton Rouge Catholic 2 pts Desoto 0

800 Meters: Baton Rouge Catholic 0 Desoto 0

1600 Meters: Baton Rouge Catholic 2 Desoto 0

3200: Meters: Baton Rouge Catholic 8 pts Desoto 0

110M: Hurdles: Baton Rouge Catholic 4 Desoto 0

300M: Hurdles: Baton Rouge Catholic 0 Desoto 0

4x100: Desoto 10 Baton Rouge Catholic 0 (surprising)

4x200: Baton Rouge Catholic 8 pts Desoto 6 pts

4x400: Desoto 10 pts Baton Rouge Catholic 8 pts

Shot Put: Baton Rouge Catholic 6 pts Desoto 0

Discus: Baton Rouge Catholic 6 pts Desoto 0

High Jump: Desoto 10 Baton Rouge Catholic 0

Pole Vault: Baton Rouge Catholic 4 pts Desoto 0

Long Jump: Baton Rouge Catholic 10 pts Desoto 0

Triple Jump: Baton Rouge Catholic 10 points Desoto 0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Add all that shit up for me, devilegg....-_-

43 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The evidence presented would suggest that your golden child track team would be crushed.

We await your argument, if there is one at all.

Not even worth explaining B.R. Catholic would be destroyed in Texas and not win shit at the State meet while Desoto would win the Relays. Too damn much depth for simple minds to comprehend about track here.  Unreal that slow ass team would somehow be the best in Texas with those damn results.  Desoto doesnt' dominate the State meet here in every damn event.  No one scores freaking 60 pts here in a  State meet rarely.  Hell only the top 2 times make it to State from the Regionals. We have kids here run 10.6 and stay home and 41:00 flat and stay home.  No damn 3:18 4x400 is placing in Texas. I will let him keep up the Charade that team is a La. power and would be destroyed in Texas.  They would not send anyone to State here. So how the hell would they win anything.   Same song from the same knucklehead.  Desoto is overrated in Track.  DAMN.  Proof is shown above and it is not even close.   Damn near the whole Desoto track team would have made the La 5A Meet. They would have had like 3 kids in each event.  They did not in the Tx State meet. How damn dumb can one be.  They will not score 60 pts this year either because of the competition.  Desoto would score 100 pts in the LA 5A meet.  Who the hell is gonna beat them in the meet leading up to State in LA.  NO ONE. FALSE COMPARISON BY IGNORNACE:    Enjoy the videos guys.  Track guys know what's up.  Have a great day.  I looked at 2016 and the Destroy B.R. Catholic last year as well.  They don't send 20 kids to state here they would send 40 to state in LA. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Not even worth explaining B.R. Catholic would be destroyed in Texas and not win shit at the State meet while Desoto would win the Relays. Too damn much depth for simple minds to comprehend about track here.  Unreal that slow ass team would somehow be the best in Texas with those damn results.  Desoto doesnt' dominate the State meet here in every damn event.  No one scores freaking 60 pts here in a  State meet rarely.  Hell only the top 2 times make it to State from the Regionals. We have kids here run 10.6 and stay home and 41:00 flat and stay home.  No damn 3:18 4x400 is placing in Texas. I will let him keep up the Charade that team is a La. power and would be destroyed in Texas.  They would not send anyone to State here. So how the hell would they win anything.   Same song from the same knucklehead.  Desoto is overrated in Track.  DAMN.  Proof is shown above and it is not even close.   Damn near the whole Desoto track team would have made the La 5A Meet. They would have had like 3 kids in each event.  They did not in the Tx State meet. How damn dumb can one be.  They will not score 60 pts this year either because of the competition.  Desoto would score 100 pts in the LA 5A meet.  Who the hell is gonna beat them in the meet leading up to State in LA.  NO ONE. FALSE COMPARISON BY IGNORNACE:    Enjoy the videos guys.  Track guys know what's up.  Have a great day.  I looked at 2016 and the Destroy B.R. Catholic last year as well.  They don't send 20 kids to state here they would send 40 to state in LA. :ph34r:

He seems to think that the competition is comparable, when its not even close. The times of each participant listed is not even debatable. I guess the Desoto guys would suddenly run longer times if they were to travel to Nola. That's really the only explanation.

14 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He seems to think that the competition is comparable, when its not even close. The times of each participant listed is not even debatable. I guess the Desoto guys would suddenly run longer times if they were to travel to Nola. That's really the only explanation.

Exactly not even worth it.  Good video of them though.  And I pay attention to a lot of your kids in Georgia. That is one fast ass State as well.

Just now, DevilDog said:

Exactly not even worth it.  Good video of them though.  And I pay attention to a lot of your kids in Georgia. That is one fast ass State as well.

We certainly don't have the depth of FL and TX, but at the top, we've got some wheels. I hardly follow track (not a lot of emphasis put on the sport here), but I did enjoy the videos.

8 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We certainly don't have the depth of FL and TX, but at the top, we've got some wheels. I hardly follow track (not a lot of emphasis put on the sport here), but I did enjoy the videos.

I follow it and I will argue with anyone Ga is in the top 3 now and gaining like hell on the other two.  I feel they have passed the Cali boys and your girls got wheels too.  Westlake ran here a few years back and held their own.  Last year they went to the Bob Hayes Invitational in Fl  and look who the top 2 4x100 teams were from and Stephenson was 6th.  Don't sleep on Ga. I wish we had a Ga. Track guy to provide input.  And the Girls 4x100 from Westlake is national elite all the time and finished 2nd to powerhouse MNW Girl's in that event. 

You have 4 schools right now 41:00 and below in the 4x100 including Westlake. Southwest DeKalb 40.55 that is right there with the best of TX and Fl. 

4x100 Relay  Varsity - Finals x

1.   Relay Team   41.57a  McEachern
2.   Relay Team   41.78a  Westlake
3.   Relay Team   42.01a  Palatka
4.   Relay Team   42.13a  Miami Northwestern
5.   Relay Team   42.59a  Lakewood
6.   Relay Team   42.63a  Stephenson
7.   Relay Team   44.44a  Olympia
--   Relay Team   DNF Pine Forest