DBP SPP

I AM IRONMAN

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

4th and 19..... 4th and 19, 4th and 19...

I can't get this out of my head. 

4th and 19, 4th and 19...

it doesn't come out of your head because it is the 2nd team in 3 weeks to give up a 4 & 20 to SPP in their own end with 2 minutes left..BC gave up a 4 & 26th I believe while leading by 4. 

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

4th and 19..... 4th and 19, 4th and 19...

I can't get this out of my head. 

4th and 19, 4th and 19...

and how many times have we seen this happen over the past 6-7 years.  Off the top of my head, PC twice and Mission Viejo come to mind immediately.  I know there must be others.

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

and he did not drink scotch like "the people in Bergen County". 

That is just how he was. lol

I had detention on a Saturday at DB,climbed out a small window,hopped a freight train in Ramsey to Ridgewood.The problem was it was going 50+mph & I ended up jumping off  in Paterson(beat the hell out of me rolling around on rocks).Took me forever to get home.Parents knew nothing about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

I had detention on a Saturday at DB,climbed out a small window,hopped a freight train in Ramsey to Ridgewood.The problem was it was going 50+mph & I ended up jumping off  in Paterson(beat the hell out of me rolling around on rocks).Took me forever to get home.Parents knew nothing about it.

I hitchhiked home after detention many times.... Many. 

7 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

I left early through the lower awning window in the (then) newer building.Tunneling would have taken to long.

If you recall, they gave lockers to the football team and the residents in the hallway. Other lockers were in the classroom which is what most students had.

I needed a locker in the hallway to run my "business" so I worked out  "a deal" with one of the resident students and got me one. LOL, good memories. 

Just now, noonereal said:

If you recall, they gave lockers to the football team and the residents in the hallway. Other lockers were in the classroom which is what most only had.

I needed a locker in the hallway to run my "business" so I worked out  "a deal" with one of the resident students and got me one. LOL, good memories. 

My locker was in my home room.Rezonico was my home rm & history teacher.He smoked his Marlboros in class.Waxy(David)Granatle was in my classes & could do no wrong.I found out a football jock jacket worked,so I got one.No more slaps or detention but was hot as hell in the spring.

7 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

I think his name was Scanlon.Red haired,bow legged guy.I'm talking 1971/72

Not sure who you're referring to now.  Larry Satori was the football coach my freshman year, 1963/64.  Pfanner came the following year.  Is the Scanlon you're talking about James Scanlon, who later became principal of the school?

5 minutes ago, taojoe said:

Not sure who you're referring to now.  Larry Satori was the football coach my freshman year, 1963/64.  Pfanner came the following year.  Is the Scanlon you're talking about James Scanlon, who later became principal of the school?

I left DB after frosh.I needed some females.I think the field we played on was named after Satori?

You were there when some students lived on campus,is that correct?They also had a pond for swimming/diving & hockey practice?

If it is the same Scanlon,I would understand why they made him boss.

19 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

I left DB after frosh.I needed some females.I think the field we played on was named after Satori?

You were there when some students lived on campus,is that correct?They also had a pond for swimming/diving & hockey practice?

If it is the same Scanlon,I would understand why they made him boss.

I don't think the old football field was ever named after Satori; the new one is Granatell Stadium.

Yes, we had resident students back in the day.  And in spite of all the recent construction, I think the pond is still there.