Colquitt Has To Be.....

Rufus69

the luckiest high school football team on the planet !!!!!!!

We won again.  We're 8-1.  

When you ask HawgGoneIt to do something....the man does something.  He even called the play allowing Little Zane Touchton to throw his 1st Varsity TD tonight.  That was one happy 10th grader...(Smile).

Colquitt made the playoffs tonight.

Like I said....LUCKY.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

When you ask HawgGoneIt to do something....the man does something.  He even called the play allowing Little Zane Touchton to throw his 1st Varsity TD tonight.  That was one happy 10th grader...(Smile).

Like I said....LUCKY.

Rufus>>

9th grader Will Tapscot got his 1st PAT game snap tonight, and looked pretty good! Reloading for the future and getting meaningful experience is what it’s all about. You’ve gotta keep the pump primed if you want the well to keep flowing

• Thanks 2

It certainly felt good knock off Tift. There is no doubt about that. 

Zane is improving since game 1. Seeing the young guys thrive in the Rogers offense is pretty fun. 

Looked better in the special teams dept. The kids looked more engaged and not just running down the field. Tift was fired up on special teams, just like I thought they would be. 

All in all, there isn't much of anything to nit pick on a 49-7 night.

Biggest game of the year for us in just a few days. I have stomach butterflies already.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

i wonder if GPBSports chooses to make the trip to South Georgia. Definitely the best game in the state 

God I hope not! 

Lol

I had to order a new cow bell last night. Rang mine so hard it broke the clapper. Ordered a breath powered horn while I was at it for good measure. xD gonna try to break both of them next Friday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

i wonder if GPBSports chooses to make the trip to South Georgia. Definitely the best game in the state 

Bruhhhh..... so GPB chose to air Dacula vs Lanier next week....smh. Colquitt/Lowndes is the biggest game in the state and you choose to air a game with two teams that won't even win 6A? Ridiculous. GPB really don't like central and south georgia. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Bruhhhh..... so GPB chose to air Dacula vs Lanier next week....smh. Colquitt/Lowndes is the biggest game in the state and you choose to air a game with two teams that won't even win 6A? Ridiculous. GPB really don't like central and south georgia. 

That’s crazy. Smh. Oh well. At least we have NFHSNetwork

12 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Like I said....LUCKY.

Rufus>>

Valdosta losing last night reflects poorly on the poor undersized hawgs.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Will it be on NFHS Network?   I’m going to be at the game myself, but I thought Lowndes aired  theirs differently

I hope so. It’s listed and says it will be. Valdosta at Lowndes was available for purchase through their county site, so I hope at the very least we can buy it for $10   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

DAMN that was such a nice run

But Marshawn Lloyd nabs a spot in the top ten plays on sportscenter. 

Now we see why I wore that Rodney Dangerfield mask for so long. No damn respect. 

That was RB2 for Colquitt. Small hurdle in the backfield to spring free and then the "walking on air" hurdle heading to the endzone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

OH WOE IS US! 

What are your initial thoughts/predictions on Lowndes Friday night? 

Prediction? 

665642901_tenor(1).gif.927355ea23c4719fd68e13002b524b81.gif

It's Lowndes. They are well coached.

My thoughts are, they like to run. They like to run a lot. They are good at it. Our defense is pretty good though, so, it should be pretty well matched up if our young guys make the right reads. 

Probably overall a pretty evenly matched game. Unless we have some secrets up our sleeves, they will have us game planned well. 

Tough, hard fought, 4 quarter game. Could be something like the last time Colquitt played there, where it comes down to whoever has the ball last. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To me...Jaccari Brown will be the key.  We'll definitely hafta do a better job on him than we did with the kid at Milton.  I also would like to see...even though I'm afraid I won't...I'd like to see us make adjustments on the fly.  We seem to take too long to figure out...or at least make the changes needed to offset the unexpected.

The Lowndes defense is the real thing.  They'll harass Jaycee.  They may even sack Jaycee.  But they're not gonna get him every play.  We need to take advantage of the positive plays we're afforded.

Gonna be an absolute... knock'em down -drag'em out...for sure.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

To me...Jaccari Brown will be the key.  We'll definitely hafta do a better job on him than we did with the kid at Milton.  I also would like to see...even though I'm afraid I won't...I'd like to see us make adjustments on the fly.  We seem to take too long to figure out...or at least make the changes needed to offset the unexpected.

The Lowndes defense is the real thing.  They'll harass Jaycee.  They may even sack Jaycee.  But they're not gonna get him every play.  We need to take advantage of the positive plays we're afforded.

Gonna be an absolute... knock'em down -drag'em out...for sure.

Rufus>>

Certainly need a spy on the qb. He can throw it to keep you honest, but, the preference looks to be the read option and RPO stuff. 

There is no doubt we have to take what they give, and they will have to give something. It's practically impossible to cover all of what Colquitt brings. 

Lowndes isn't going to get flustered like Tift did. They will be in it til the bitter end. 

I like Colquitt's chances in this one. I'd like them much better if it was at the Pen though. I think we have something for them. 

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What's the soonest Lowndes and McEach can play? Thx. 

Idk yet. I figured someone would be speculating brackets already, but there hasn't been much of that. 

I think, if Colquitt wins this week, they get North Cobb at home in two weeks. If Lowndes wins this week Colquitt gets Marietta, maybe at home but not sure right now. 

I'd have to peep out Lowndes side of the bracket to see how it's lining up. 

Looks like the two toughest regions are matched up in every game for round 1. 

The winner of the Tift/Camden game this week gets team 2 from region 3. Either Marietta or Hillgrove. 

The winner of the Colquitt/Lowndes game gets region 3 team 4. Likely North Cobb.

The loser of Colquitt/Lowndes gets the loser of Marietta/Hillgrove most likely, unless there is some tie breaker that makes it the winner of Marietta/Hillgrove. 

Those all would be some tough first round matchups. 

The winner of Colquitt/Lowndes gets the easier rd. 1 game for sure.