Conversation With The Devil

HawgGoneIt

@HawgGoneIt I was reluctant to listen because I'm a little narrow minded when it comes to country but I listened and was glad I did.  Good song.  

You think it will give any a moment of reflection?  Yeah, me neither.  You might get a ' You hate America' response though.  

As an unrelated query, Did you watch any of yesterdays hearings?  I thought they gave excellent testimony and anybody who hasn't decided they already know everything, it should be convincing.  

• Like 1

I honestly don't care if it creates a moment of reflection for anyone or not. I am certain that nobody here is likely to change their mind about much of anything politically speaking. I figured that some people would like the song, so, that's the reason I posted it. For them to enjoy or appreciate. 

I think it was @Belly Bob that posted a few of the outlaw country videos in the past. Listening to those is what eventually landed me on this Ray Wylie Hubbard character. The YouTube algorithm works in mysterious ways. 

I haven't watched any of the political theater. Of course you can't help but hear the key points each day at some point, but, yeah, not letting all the politics engulf my thoughts or time really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I honestly don't care if it creates a moment of reflection for anyone or not. I am certain that nobody here is likely to change their mind about much of anything politically speaking. I figured that some people would like the song, so, that's the reason I posted it. For them to enjoy or appreciate. 

I think it was @Belly Bob that posted a few of the outlaw country videos in the past. Listening to those is what eventually landed me on this Ray Wylie Hubbard character. The YouTube algorithm works in mysterious ways. 

I haven't watched any of the political theater. Of course you can't help but hear the key points each day at some point, but, yeah, not letting all the politics engulf my thoughts or time really. 

Billy Joe Shaver. He's the real outlaw. The others made it up. Johnny Cash famously wrote, "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die." He didn't. Billy Joe shot a man in the face outside a bar in Waco when he was well into his 60s. 

"A lot of superstars nowadays get too far off the ground, 

Singing about backroads they never have been down.

They go and call it country, but that just ain't the way it sounds.

It's enough to make a renegade want to terrorize a town." 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Billy Joe Shaver. He's the real outlaw. The others made it up. Johnny Cash famously wrote, "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die." He didn't. Billy Joe shot a man in the face outside a bar in Waco when he was well into his 60s. 

"A lot of superstars nowadays get too far off the ground 

Singing about backroads they never have been down.

They go and call it country, but that just ain't the way it sounds.

It's enough to make a renegade want to terrorize a town." 

Definitely dig Billy Joe Shaver. I got started with the song you posted. I'm Gonna Live Forever, and then just kept right on listening. Ragged Ol' Truck... 

On my extensive roller coaster ride of a playlist now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

1 John: If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves...Anyone who claims to be in the light but who hates his brother is still in darkness...Anyone who has the world's goods and who sees his brother in need but does not take pity on him does not really love God...Anyone who does not love his brother does not know God. --In other words, there are a lot of fake Christians. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

@HawgGoneIt I was reluctant to listen because I'm a little narrow minded when it comes to country but I listened and was glad I did.  Good song.  

You think it will give any a moment of reflection?  Yeah, me neither.  You might get a ' You hate America' response though.  

As an unrelated query, Did you watch any of yesterdays hearings?  I thought they gave excellent testimony and anybody who hasn't decided they already know everything, it should be convincing.  

Yea, pretty good song.  Made me reflect a little.