WCAC semifinal

WCACguy

11 hours ago, Braveheart said:

Big drop you seem like a huge fan, but these kids don’t know and don’t care about the legacy of DM or Bill. There were players who wanted to leave when bill came back.  Kids feel like DM as a school doesn’t support their student athletes, just because they are athletes. Honestly they are going to have to improve a few things if they want to get the top kids in the area..

Braveheart, forgive me, but I believe your post is ludicrous.  There are countless DM grads that 10 or 50 years later still celebrate their being part of the family.  I follow this on both a communal e-mail, Twitter,  various grads’ posts and through longtime friends but DeMatha is a very real family.  There cannot be more than a handful of schools like DeMatha around the United States.

I do understand your comment about the change between Elijah and Bill but he had been away from the school and their trust was with Elijah.  Several years earlier the reverse was true.

I’ve also never known DM to compromise grades or ethical expectations.  

Again, it is a real pleasure to read about successful grads from earlier decades who still come back to support and play a role in the school.  This is a serious discussion for someone who might otherwise be considering an IMG, Oak Hill, etc.:  what will be there to come back to in years to come?

DeMatha is coming home.

14 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

This is pretty far out there. DeMatha not supporting athletes is almost comical. Also, DM is getting the top kids in the area. Well, unless sure shot P5/4* players don’t qualify as “top player” for you

well ask Marshawn why he wanted to leave, oh ask Jordan why he was going to leave. Talk to big Golden Acumba talk to him about it.  I’m sure you know coaches there ask them... as far as top kids In the area have you heard of dajohn Riggs, or big Jordan ask your buddies at DM did they even take a visit... I’m telling you that current players feel a certain way about DM and that is pushing down to the lower levels....

5 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Braveheart, forgive me, but I believe your post is ludicrous.  There are countless DM grads that 10 or 50 years later still celebrate their being part of the family.  I follow this on both a communal e-mail, Twitter,  various grads’ posts and through longtime friends but DeMatha is a very real family.  There cannot be more than a handful of schools like DeMatha around the United States.

I do understand your comment about the change between Elijah and Bill but he had been away from the school and their trust was with Elijah.  Several years earlier the reverse was true.

I’ve also never known DM to compromise grades or ethical expectations.  

Again, it is a real pleasure to read about successful grads from earlier decades who still come back to support and play a role in the school.  This is a serious discussion for someone who might otherwise be considering an IMG, Oak Hill, etc.:  what will be there to come back to in years to come?

DeMatha is coming home.

All I know is the state of DM now and what the current players are saying. I know that current players are not happy with how they are treated from school, and if it wasn’t for some coaches they would have been left. 

I will say I think Bill will be fine but they are going to have to work extra extra. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Braveheart said:

All I know is the state of DM now and what the current players are saying. I know that current players are not happy with how they are treated from school, and if it wasn’t for some coaches they would have been left. 

I will say I think Bill will be fine but they are going to have to work extra extra. 

I think what we’re saying is you don’t understand the state of DM football right now. DM isn’t for everyone and those players who don’t fit will find something to complain about. It’s been that way for decades. Let’s just wait and see what McGregor does with a full off season

To say DeMatha, as a school, doesn’t support student athletes because they are athletes is absolutely hilarious. I can’t think of a school in the country with a better sports resume over the last 50 years. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I think what we’re saying is you don’t understand the state of DM football right now. DM isn’t for everyone and those players who don’t fit will find something to complain about. It’s been that way for decades. Let’s just wait and see what McGregor does with a full off season

To say DeMatha, as a school, doesn’t support student athletes because they are athletes is absolutely hilarious. I can’t think of a school in the country with a better sports resume over the last 50 years. 

Ok I ask you to do your own research go talk to the coaches, go talk to players. Shoot go talk to bill. 

4 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I’ll ask you this. Dm had a deal on the table to get there games played on ESPN plus same deal sjc just got. The deal would give DM money. That money would be able to help DM with expenses for travel, for student athletes. Why did they turn it down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Braveheart said:

Ok I ask you to do your own research go talk to the coaches, go talk to players. Shoot go talk to bill. 

You don’t need to ask me. I’ve played for McGregor, am friends with the assistants, and understand what kids say when it’s not going their way at DM. It’s been happening for decades. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Braveheart said:

I’ll ask you this. Dm had a deal on the table to get there games played on ESPN plus same deal sjc just got. The deal would give DM money. That money would be able to help DM with expenses for travel, for student athletes. Why did they turn it down. 

You’re looking to break a story that just isn’t there. DM’s fine. They return the most talent in the WCAC next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

You don’t need to ask me. I’ve played for McGregor, am friends with the assistants, and understand what kids say when it’s not going their way at DM. It’s been happening for decades. 

Different time my man....The guys I talk to and named are starters. With multiple offers. So I think they have things going there way... They consistently talk about the way the student athletes are treated. I have heard coaches say the same thing about how there players are treated. DM will get players because they have coaches who can recruit this area. But I bet they will tell you how hard it’s become 

48 minutes ago, Braveheart said:

Different time my man....The guys I talk to and named are starters. With multiple offers. So I think they have things going there way... They consistently talk about the way the student athletes are treated. I have heard coaches say the same thing about how there players are treated. DM will get players because they have coaches who can recruit this area. But I bet they will tell you how hard it’s become 

....and I have read the exact same doomsday theory you’re posting about on the forums for years...

”Oh well I heard players and coaches aren’t happy at DM and I’ve got the inside scoop since kids are different these days ”...

Do you honestly believe the administration isn’t “athlete” friendly at a school like DeMatha? I mean, you do understand how DM has stayed all-male and didn’t buckle like SJC and GC did with co-ed enrollment, right? I’m sure your sources explained that brainbuster to you. Bottom line is they had a tough season and emotions are high right now. It’s part of the deal. Chill out with the conspiracy stuff. Kids will transfer in and out every year at DM. There’s a method to the madness...”my man”. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

....and I have read the exact same doomsday theory you’re posting about on the forums for years...

”Oh well I heard players and coaches aren’t happy at DM and I’ve got the inside scoop since kids are different these days ”...

Do you honestly believe the administration isn’t “athlete” friendly at a school like DeMatha? I mean, you do understand how DM has stayed all-male and didn’t buckle like SJC and GC did with co-ed enrollment, right? I’m sure your sources explained that brainbuster to you. Bottom line is they had a tough season and emotions are high right now. It’s part of the deal. Chill out with the conspiracy stuff. Kids will transfer in and out every year at DM. There’s a method to the madness...”my man”. 

Marshawn Just withdrew from DeMatha today. You know why, he asked if they would let him graduate early. They told him no. Here is a kid who has straight A’s why wouldn’t they let him leave early.....  what would be the reason to keep him. My stuff not conspiracy it’s based on what I know...  

7 hours ago, Braveheart said:

Marshawn Just withdrew from DeMatha today. You know why, he asked if they would let him graduate early. They told him no. Here is a kid who has straight A’s why wouldn’t they let him leave early.....  what would be the reason to keep him. My stuff not conspiracy it’s based on what I know...  

I don’t know the reason and it’s none of my business. It probably should be none of yours as well. Historically, WCAC players are not allowed to graduate early. That’s been a knock against the WCAC since forever. There are rare exceptions like Nick Cross(DM) to Maryland last year, but it requires a lot. At this point, you’re digging into a personal situation and I suggest you stop.

8 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I don’t know the reason and it’s none of my business. It probably should be none of yours as well. Historically, WCAC players are not allowed to graduate early. That’s been a knock against the WCAC since forever. There are rare exceptions like Nick Cross(DM) to Maryland last year, but it requires a lot. At this point, you’re digging into a personal situation and I suggest you stop.

You don’t know the reason because you don’t want to know the truth. Lol nick cross didn’t enroll early at MD. Nick didn’t even sign until late March.  Again I’m not digging in personal situations. I just know. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Braveheart said:

You don’t know the reason because you don’t want to know the truth. Lol nick cross didn’t enroll early at MD. Nick didn’t even sign until late March.  Again I’m not digging in personal situations. I just know. 

DM has a program with UMD where kids can enroll early without “technically” graduating yet. It’s been like that for decades. It takes an exceptional student for this to be the case, hence it not happening much. They don’t have that type of reciprocity with any other school. 

And no, you absolutely don’t know what you’re talking about. How did Cross play in the Terps spring game last season since you know so much? Unbelievable nonsense. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-maryland-football-5-players-0730-20190731-klywrxlnejagbov3qjlktmzblm-story.html%3foutputType=amp

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

DM has a program with UMD where kids can enroll early without “technically” graduating yet. It’s been like that for decades. It takes an exceptional student for this to be the case, hence it not happening much. They don’t have that type of reciprocity with any other school. 

And no, you absolutely don’t know what you’re talking about. How did Cross play in the Terps spring game last season since you know so much? Unbelievable nonsense. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-maryland-football-5-players-0730-20190731-klywrxlnejagbov3qjlktmzblm-story.html%3foutputType=amp

The one thing that I love about me is that I tell the truth. Nick didn’t play in a spring game Last year because he wasnt enrolled at MD. He was not enrolled at MD because sign with MD until March. Which means he would have missed more than half a semester..... 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So DMC allows ballers to graduate early? I thought he left DMC because they wouldn’t let him do so. Please clarify. 

No DM doesn’t allow student athletes to graduate early. Well actually they allowed one. Who was a baseball player, not nick cross. Marshawn knew this and wanted to leave early. They would not allow him. Soooo yesterday he withdrew in order to finish up school so he can men enrolled in South Carolina in January. 

http://hyattsvillelife.com/premier-running-back-travels-from-delaware-to-attend-dematha/

From the first paragraph:  “Marshawn Lloyd spends more than four hours a day commuting to and from DeMatha Catholic High School. He says it is worth every minute.”

He adds:  ”A lot of people I’ve met here are going to be my brothers for life. .. It’s definitely a great place.  .We really do have a brotherhood here.”

The article in  Hyattsville Life is dated November 16th, four days ago.  Please read it.  It directly addresses Braveheart’s comments in this thread.  It speaks for itself.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

http://hyattsvillelife.com/premier-running-back-travels-from-delaware-to-attend-dematha/

From the first paragraph:  “Marshawn Lloyd spends more than four hours a day commuting to and from DeMatha Catholic High School. He says it is worth every minute.”

He adds:  ”A lot of people I’ve met here are going to be my brothers for life. .. It’s definitely a great place.  .We really do have a brotherhood here.”

The article in  Hyattsville Life is dated November 16th, four days ago.  Please read it.  It directly addresses Braveheart’s comments in this thread.  It speaks for itself.

https://www.dematha.org/alumni/dematha-express/show-express/~post/dematha-express-november-14th-20191115 is the link to last week’s “DeMatha Express” which is a weekly newsletter for and about DeMatha students, graduates and friends.  It speaks volumes for the school and its “family.”  DeMatha is as much about a fifty year graduate as it is an underclassman. For anyone reading this please click on the link and take a look.  Thanks.

DeMatha enduringly cares.